CIEE Gap Year Abroad in Palma de Mallorca – Spanish Language & Culture

palma
palma

Soak up the Mediterranean way of life in Spain’s Mediterranean gem.

Stunning scenery and a sunny climate provide the perfect backdrop for exploring this Mediterranean treasure. The heart of the island, Palma offers much to explore as you perfect your Spanish and discover cultural treasures in a city where most tourists barely scratch the surface.

Whether your level of proficiency with Spanish is beginner, intermediate, or advanced, you’ll improve by leaps and bounds, with interactive coursework five days a week with local language classes and everyday conversations with your host family at home.

Cassandra

Business Abroad

I had the wonderful opportunity to have a 6 credit academic internship with an international hotel asset management company as one of my classes in Palma. This not only helped increase my professional Spanish skills, but it also helped strengthen my intercultural communication. My CIEE program allowed complete immersion into another country’s culture which is extremely valuable for one’s personal growth. The program was well organized, all the small details were taken care of. The only complaint I had about the program was my first homestay. I had some issues because the homestay mother was going through a hard time herself so they changed me into a different homestay with a single mother who I swear must be an angel. I had a very tough time abroad medically and mentally and was able to receive the help I needed to make my experience worthwhile.

The only suggestions for improvement would be more activities for integration within the Host university. I didn’t really feel a part of the university since all of my classes were program specific to CIEE.

About CIEE Global Navigator

With CIEE Global Navigator High School programs, the possibilities are endless. As a U.S. high school student, you can study abroad from as little as three weeks in the summer to an entire semester or gap year. With more than 60 programs on five...