Become an Au Pair in Spain with API

Barcelona, Spain!
Barcelona, Spain!
Kylie enjoying Madrid!
Kylie enjoying Madrid!

Our Au Pair Program provides young people with a wonderful opportunity to live with host parents and their children, while immersing themselves in a new culture and language. This program is a chance for young people to grow their childcare skills, gain professional experience, and explore a new part of the world. The program can help young people build self-confidence, meet new friends, and forge unforgettable memories.

Become part of a Spanish family by embracing the country’s rich culture and language, firsthand! Explore cosmopolitan city life, the architecture and monuments; immerse yourself in the diversity of people while living among dramatic landscapes and coastlines. At the end of the day, rest your head and enjoy a private room with full board courtesy of your host family.

• Gain valuable childcare experience while providing live-in care for a host family
  • Great opportunity to travel and live abroad
  • Opportunity to live in Spain from 1 to 12 months
  • Ongoing support with staff members before, during, and after your program year
  • Thoroughly screened host families located in Madrid, Barcelona and Palma De Mallorca!

Kylie

Best summer ever!

I went through this agency to be an au pair in Spain for the summer. They are amazing!!! I was walked through the whole process from start to end. The application process is a bit extensive but that is how you know it is safe. The vetting process for both au pairs and host families ensures that both parties are comfortable. I was able to talk with multiple families and choose the one I thought was the best fit. The placement coordinator I worked with, Jelena Estrada, is absolutely WONDERFUL! She was so helpful with getting me through the application process and she stayed in touch while I was in Spain. Jelena was genuinely excited for me to become an au pair which made my experience even better.

If you're looking to become an au pair, Au Pair International is a great agency. I met other au pairs in Spain who did not go through an agency and they had a lot of issues. Some were being paid way under the legal minimum and others were even kicked out by their host family with no where to go. Going through Au Pair International meant I had a contract that ensured I was paid well and not fired without notice. It also meant I had multiple people I could contact if there was an issue with my host family. Au Pair International takes care of their au pairs.