View Other Details
Atlantis is the largest and most reputable pre-health study abroad organization for US undergraduates. What better way to gain 60+ clinical hours than in the beautiful and warm country of Spain. Not only will students be shadowing in top European hospitals with well-esteemed physicians, but students also have the opportunity to explore the rich culture that Spain has to offer.
Students will learn from and build relationships with the physicians in each specialty they rotate in and participate in excursions to enhance intercultural perspectives. This is the best way to show MD/DO/PA school admissions that you can compare and contrast different healthcare systems and apply that knowledge towards improving the care of your future patients. With alumni in 40 of the top 50 MD programs, Atlantis prepares students for a future career in healthcare.
Since summer of 2021, Atlantis has ran many safe and successful programs throughout the continuance of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Programs run during winter and summer breaks so there is no need to take time off during your academic semesters!
- Rotate weekly through different specialties to gain exposure to various medical practices and procedures.
- Immerse yourself in a program abroad to understand healthcare in a global context, and embark on weekly excursions to experience Spanish culture, sights, and food.
- You do not need to know Spanish to have an amazing and impactful experience!
- Start dates in December, May, June, July, December, and January.