Work Exchange as Healthcare Counselor at International Ski Camp

Responsibility for the health and well-being of a group of children, school chaperones and Viamonde staff in an international ski camp environment. Healthcare counsellors will assist with the daily ski and snowboard program, treat minor injuries and health issues and coordinate treatment with local medical facilities for any more serious injuries. In addition, healthcare counsellors will participate in a program of evening activities, supervise meals and be assigned to some wake-up, lights-out and other duties.

Applicants should possess an internationally recognized nursing qualification as well as a first aid and CPR qualification issued by a recognized body. Applicants must be advanced level skiers (preference will be given to applicants with an internationally recognized ski instructor qualification to PSIA 1/CSIA 1/CASI 1) and ideally, hold a valid driving license to drive a manual (stick-shift) vehicle.

Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and fluent in English.

• Meet similarly-minded young people and establish lasting friendships.
  • Experience working with children of all ages from diverse cultural backgrounds.
  • Spend time in the beautiful Swiss Alps.
  • Gain experience and improve your skills teaching skiing.
  • Explore Switzerland and nearby Italy and France on your time off.

Dear Hugo, Thank you for your enquiry into employment with Viamonde. Due to the type of care our Healthcare Counsellors are required to provide we are unable to accept EMT certifications when considering potential candidates. Generally speaking any Medical Emergency that may arise from a ski accident or injury is dealt with by a member of the resorts SOS or ski patrol team, the severity of a...

Naomi

My time as a Viamonde Healthcare Counselor

If you are a Registered Nurse and a winter sports enthusiast, there are fewer better opportunities than to do a combination of the two with Viamonde. I started off with the intention of doing one season nearly ten years ago, ended up doing three and still am going back in my spare time. A very personable company to work for, you are VERY well looked after.

If there is any doubt as to whether you can combine both nursing and winter sports... The opportunities, values and experiences I gained from working at Viamonde have only ever enhanced my nursing career. I wouldn't being where I am today in my nursing career without them.