Building on 38 years of domestic programming and our long standing partnerships with impactful local organizations, this unique semester allows us to investigate important environmental and social issues while immersing ourselves in the Aloha culture. Explore the tropical paradise of O’ahu, Kauai, and the Big Island. White sand beaches, turquoise waters, and tropical forest turn into our classroom. Protect native forests and important watersheds in O’ahu. Learn about marine ecosystems while earning your SCUBA certification in Kauai. Investigate important food security issues and help with projects to ensure local sustainability. Play a vital role in coral and intertidal studies and learn to surf on the island of Hawai’i. Discover unbelievable beauty and culture while getting to know these famous islands!
- Conduct Coral Reef and Intertidal Research in Kahalu’u Bay
- Earn Your PADI SCUBA Certification On Kauai’s Colorful Reefs
- Participate in the Preservation of a Key Watershed in the Ko’olau Mountains
- Explore Hawaii’s Volcanic Origins and Unique Ecology in Volcanoes National Park
- Restore Native Forests and Repair Trails in Limahuli Valley