- United States of America
View Other Details
Explore the tropical paradise of the Hawaiian islands of Oahu, Maui, and the Big Island, where white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and tropical forest become our classroom. Building on nearly 40 years of Hawaiian programming and our long-standing partnerships with impactful local organizations, this unique semester allows us to investigate important environmental and social issues while immersing ourselves in the Aloha culture. Protect albatross nesting ground and restore a 400-year-old traditional fishpond in Oahu. Explore marine ecosystems while earning your SCUBA certification on the island of Hawai’i. Investigate important food security issues and help with projects to ensure local sustainability. Learn about aquaponics and vermiculture on a college campus on Maui. Discover unbelievable beauty and culture while getting to know these famous islands like a local!
- Participate in the Restoration of an Ancient Fishpond
- Earn Your PADI SCUBA Certification in Kona’s Crystal Clear Waters
- Complete Workshops on Aquaculture and Permaculture on Campus at UHMC
- Develop Surfing Skills Through Lessons on Three Islands
- Explore Hawaii’s Volcanic Origins and Unique Ecology in Volcanoes National Park