A tour de force of the Rocky Mountain region, you'll travel through pristine mountains into meandering canyons with your crew. Discover your strengths and potential, and learn tools to help you with communication, leadership and interpersonal skills—skills that will last a lifetime. Through hands-on experience, you'll return home with an appreciation for giving to others, serving in your community and caring for the environment, learning Leave No Trace principles. You'll also spend two days participating in a 16-hour Wilderness First Aid class. This certification, which includes CPR, is the entry-level standard for work in wilderness settings. The course ends with the chance to climb some of Colorado’s legendary peaks.
- You’ll encounter challenges that push you physically, emotionally and socially.
- Through hands-on experience, return home with a keen appreciation for giving to others, staying involved in your community and caring for the environment.
- Climb some of Colorado’s legendary peaks in the iconic Rocky Mountains.
- While in Colorado, you'll practice mountaineering. A rugged and exciting form of backcountry travel, mountaineering grants access to secret stashes of virtually untouched wilderness.
- You'll spend two days participating in a 16-hour Wilderness First Aid class.