Alzar Gap's Wild and Scenic Gap Program gives students the opportunity to ski, backpack, raft and kayak through the rugged, and breathtaking landscapes of the American West. Students can also earn industry-recognized certifications and learn necessary skills to plan their own epic adventures or work in the ski, whitewater, or outdoor education industry. Extensive outdoor experience is not required, we would love to teach you all the skills you need to thrive in the outdoors! We keep our groups intentionally small so that we lessen our impact, allow for authentic leadership opportunities, and create life-long friendships. If you are looking for a meaningful adventure in a world-class destination, check out our webpage and get in touch!
- PSIA Level 1 Ski Instructor
- ACA Kayak Certification
- SSI Swift Water Rescue Technician
- Wilderness First Responder
- American Red Cross - CPR and AED
- Leave No Trace Trainer
- Learn how to lead kayak and raft trips from industry professionals in Idaho, California, and Oregon.
- Earn your Level 1 Ski Instructor Certification while learning valuable lessons from ski patrol, avalanche forecasters, and winter sports professionals.
- Earn your Swiftwater Rescue Technician certification while rafting and kayaking down world class whitewater.
- Explore the breathtaking Owyhee Canyonlands while learning how to design and lead multiday backpacking trips.
- Earn your Wilderness First Responder certification while living in a yurt on our Idaho Campus.