- United States of America
View Other Details
Tuition also includes: local travel between our campuses; a student budget (that you and your cohort will manage); guided backcountry expeditions; Wilderness First Aid certification.
Immerse yourself in the wild beauty and vibrant culture of Southeast Alaska! The Glacier Bay Year brings together diverse cohorts of young people from across the country for a deep dive into civic and environmental leadership. During your time in Alaska, you will study field ecology and Tlingit culture & history; paddle through glacial fjords surrounded by sea otters and humpback whales; fish for wild salmon; dig into the climate crisis (and its solutions!); and learn the skills of a working Alaskan homestead.
What else does the Glacier Bay Year offer? For starters, we meet 100% of financial need for every admitted student. You can walk away with a semester's worth of college credit for no extra charge. You'll receive certifications in Wilderness First Aid and CPR. And we can help connect you to jobs, internships, and other learning opportunities that launch you into the next chapter of your life.
- We meet 100% of financial need for all students with grants that never have to be repaid.
- Alaskan adventures and wildlife viewing in the largest swath of protect land on earth.
- Core emphasis on just, inclusive, and decolonial education.
- A co-created educational experience: help hire faculty, choose classes, and admit the next cohort!
- Learn to work with your hands: filet salmon, grow a garden, build a shed, fix an engine, and splint a sprained ankle.