Wintering: A Good Life Writer's Retreat
- United States of America
View Other Details
Includes everything: tuition, room & board, books, journals, unlimited marshmallows. Note: the fee does not include travel to/from Maine.
Wintering at Seguinland Institute in Maine is an invitation to embody this season of fire and ice - and to write from the hearth of your soul. This immersive program includes reflective writing time around the big stone fireplace, writing workshops with mentors and peers, mindfulness practice in a gathering space up in the trees and outdoor adventures in the snow (think hikes along the beech, ice fishing, dogsledding and snow angels). Most importantly you'll be part of an intentional community of fellow students who like you are setting aside time to hone their writing craft, build friendships based on the deeper things, and contemplate questions of the good life. Along the way you'll complete a 4-credit college-level English course. Wintering 2023 will be led by Jenny O'Connell, MFA. Jenny is an award-winning writer and outdoor guide.
Video and Photos
- Explore Connections between the Writing Life & the Good Life
- Hone Writing Skills: workshops, writing exercises around the fireplace, conversations with great writers, create a Zine.
- Winter Nature Immersion: adventures in the snow with expert guides - cross country ski, ice fish, dog sled, snow angels.
- 4 College Credits in Writing: experiential learning, taught by award-winning professors, not academics as usual
- Cultivate Mindfulness Skills: knit together your attention span, calm and focus the mind, deepen your creative capacities