Multiple Locations +5
  • Italy
52+ weeks

Program Details

Activities
Animal Viewing Backpacking Bird Watching Boating City Exploring Hiking Kayaking Mountain Biking Remote Exploring Sightseeing Surfing Swimming Trekking
Academic Year Fall Spring Summer Winter Year Round
Guesthouse Hostel Hotel Lodge

Pricing

1950
Are you thinking about what to do next? Want a change? Bookend your Gap Year with Trek Epic treks and ongoing mentoring and support. Includes accommodations, in-country transportation. guides, facilitation, college advising and career assessment, full gap year curriculum and additional self selected independent gap experience placements. Beyond your tuition, you get your flights and you're good to go! Core Gift interviews, life planning, friendship, and amazing scenery along a coastal path or through the inland beauty of a distant land. Tuition includes the "launch" and "capstone" treks as well as ongoing mentoring and support throughout your gap year as you engage in self selected experiences. Apply at https://trekepic.org/apply/
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Some Equipment Some Meals Tour Guide Transportation Wifi
What's Included (Extra)

Scholarship opportunities.

What's Not Included
Airfare Some Meals
Nov 14, 2022
Nov 29, 2022
27 travelers are looking at this program

Trek Epic offers Gap Year counseling, planning and mentoring for students who want a more self-guided approach to their experience. This may include recommendations for any number of program options, as well as one of our 10-Day Treks. The 10-Day trek provides either a "Launch" or "Capstone" experience for students. Each of our walking adventures are uniquely facilitated to help students explore more of who they are and what they have to offer the world around them! Additionally, we provide Pilgrimages as an option for parents and older adults.

2023 Gap Year Treks:

September 2nd - 11th - Guernsey and Jersey Channel Islands Walk
September 7th - 16th - Pembrokeshire Coast, Wales, UK

Program Highlights

• Gap Year participants begin with a 10-Day "Launch" Trek
  • Trekkers engage in college and career life planning, utilizing the Greenwood 120 Assessment and Core Gift Discovery Process
  • Participants take part in a Self Selected Independent Experience chosen based on their interests, options Worldwide
  • Throughout their Independent Experience students receive mentoring and support
  • Trekkers take their next steps by joining a 10-Day Advanced or "Capstone" trek as a final phase of their Gap Year

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Jack

Trek Epic - Pembrokeshire

I was fortunate enough to attend the trek epic trip to wales/Pembrokeshire for 10 days. I saw various parts of the UK particularly on the ocean countryside that was breathtaking and beautiful. I also met very nice young adults from all over the world that took part on the trek aside me. I also got a sense of what my core gifts are through daily reflection. overall I rate the experience a 10/10. although I enjoyed getting to know the other people who participated on the trek, most of them lived far away from where I am from.

Pros
  • better sense of self
  • scenery
  • relationships
Cons
  • limited time of travel
Rachel

A sunny adventure that came at the right time

Andrew and Marielle were the guides on my trek and they were fun, confident, and provided the structure we needed to make the trip successful. Andrew answered my questions as to ease my worry before I got on my flight. I found it comforting to be surrounded by warm and unique individuals, especially our B&B hosts.

Of course I wish the trek had lasted longer: lots of beautiful scenery, deep conversations, and appreciation for life that followed me back home. This trek came when I needed it most.

Pros
  • Lots of support before and after the trek: recommended items to pack, questions answered, daily gratitudes, follow-up, etc.
  • Where we're eating and sleeping daily is arranged as to ease any worry about organization
  • I was emotional the first day because I was scared but also grateful for the experience. Everyone on our trek was kind and eased my fear.
Cons
  • I wish it would have lasted longer!
Jake

TrekEpic

Excellent staff and social group with a wide variety of ages and backgrounds everyone seemed up for the trek and up for its learning process. The trek itself was very beautiful and every place we stopped for the night had different and new things to experience. Are bigger luggage was carried to our next location so we only had to bring a backpack with essentials on the walks witch helped us focus more on the nature and ourselves then worrying about our back pain! Honestly no complaints great experience a good start to a long an unexpected journey I’m still on!

Pros
  • Learning more about yourself
  • Seeing new places
  • Meeting new people
Sam

Lisbon to Fatima

This was an awesome, safe way to travel, meet new people and gain a greater understanding of myself. Andrew was awesome and the housing was great. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to broaden their horizons and dig deeper in to what makes them tick. I pushed myself physically and mentally and came away with incredible memories. I not only learned about other cultures and people but also about what I was capable of and clarified what my purpose is in this world. Great people, great program.

Pros
  • Seeing the world
  • Pushing myself physically
  • Discovering things about myself
Cons
  • Blisters
  • People snoring
  • The heat
Edward

My first great European adventure.

In August of 2014 shortly after graduating High school. I set off on my very first trip to the United Kingdom. My trip began with a 10-day Pilgrimage with Trek epic starting in London and heading up through the Northumberland region of the UK that borders Scotland to the North and the North sea to the east. These Pilgrimages are specially designed for you to disconnect from the rest of the world and discover what truly makes you special inside and how you can use that gift i to benefit others in your day-to-day life. For the most part you live like a local we stayed in hostels not Hotels and we enjoyed the local foods of each destination we visited. Which is also what I think makes Trek epic a fun and memorable experience for all.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment I remember was forgetting my luggage on the train ride up from London and having to were pretty much the same thing the entire time I was in the UK with very few laundry options. I also willingly went swimming in the North Sea at various points along the Trek.
Andrew

Trek Epic

I did the Pembrokeshire coast trek with Trek Epic and it was an amazing experience. I think what makes Trek Epic unique is their emphasis on learning about both yourself and others. I was able to meet some really awesome people through my trek with them. Everything was well organized and each of our stops was interesting and unique. Our guides did an excellent job of keeping everyone engaged and on schedule. One thing that also stood out to me about Trek Epic is that things never felt rushed. We were on a schedule, but we were also able to take a lot of time to just explore and experience the amazing place we were in.

Don't be intimidated if you don't know any of the other trekkers. Many of them are in the same boat as you, and the nature of the trek lends itself to making fast friendships.
Haley

I walked through Tuscany and all i left with was new life insight, new friends and once in a lifetime expereinces!

Trek Epic was recommended to me by a past trekker, fellow co-worker, and friend. The best advocate you can find for Trek Epic is someone who has done it!
My experience was more than I could have ever dreamed. I thrive outside of my comfort zone. I like meeting new people, and I love seeing new places. I also love to hike. All of these things surpassed my expectation. I was challenged and it felt good. I didn't have all the control, and that also felt good. I met people from different parts of the country, which reminded me that we are all the same at the core, and that we might not be all that different.
Our travel accommodations were excellent. Housing and food were excellent. The itinerary was laid out with just the right amount of vague-ness to still keep some mystery and thrill in the plan! I would highly recommend anyone, of any age, to take this opportunity up if its presents itself. Leaders were professional, and kind and thoughtful. I am so thankful I was able to experience TrekEpic. Thank you Bruce, Leslie and Andrew. I will keep my sharing my gift, if you all keep sharing yours!

Get out of your comfort zone and appreciate being outside and walking. I think that is something I take for granted, everyday, but being able to do that in another country and culture is so, so special.
Manas

Great Experience!

I took part in the trek epic trek along the Pembrokeshire coast and it was a fantastic journey and experience. It's a great way for people to take a step back and reflect, irrespective of the stage they are in life. The route we took was very scenic and it's hard to now feel at peace during this journey. Andrew and Bruce are great and very helpful! They are always there to listen and guide.
I highly recommend this trek to anyone especially young adults who are unsure about future steps. This trek is not supposed to give you very concrete answers but it will definitely guide you in the right direction and give you an idea of where your values are. The other people on the trek are also great and you will meet some very interesting people and hear cool stories.