Shadow Doctors 20+ Hrs/Week w/ #1 Pre-Health Provider
View Other Details
Atlantis is the largest and most reputable pre-health study abroad organization for US undergraduates. Students gain 60+ clinical hours than right off the crystal blue Atlantic coast, in cities such as Coimbra, Lisbon, Madeira and Algarve. Not only will students be shadowing in top European hospitals with well-esteemed physicians, but students also have the opportunity to explore the rich culture that their host city in Portugal has to offer.
Spending time in different specialties over school breaks means that students are able to get the perfect amount of healthcare exposure all at once! When students do not have to balance shadowing with studying and extracurriculars, they can focus solely on their clinical experience and patient interactions. With alumni in 40 of the top 50 MD programs, Atlantis prepares students for a future career in healthcare.
Since summer of 2021, Atlantis has ran many safe and successful programs throughout the continuance of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Video and Photos
- Programs run during winter and summer breaks so there is no need to take time off during your academic semesters!
- Rotate weekly through different specialties to gain exposure to various medical practices and procedures.
- Immerse yourself in a program abroad to understand healthcare in a global context, and embark on weekly excursions to experience Portugal's culture, sights, and food.
- You do not need to know Portuguese to have an amazing and impactful experience!
- Start dates for summer in May, June, July and August, and for winter in December and January.