Trimester, Semester and Academic Year Teen Study Abroad Programs in Australia with Greenheart Travel

Spend a trimester, semester, or a year abroad as a high school exchange student in Australia with Greenheart Travel! Immerse yourself in the Australian culture as you attend a local high school and live with a volunteer host family. For those interested in outdoor activities and exploring the natural surroundings, Australia is a perfect study abroad location.

As a Greenheart Traveler, you will also be matched with a personal program manager to help with the in's and out's of the program before, during and after your travels.

Program Fees:
Academic Trimester: $10,730
Academic Semester: $16,200
Academic Year: $26,620

Check out our website for Early Bird Application Deadline discounts up to $500 off!

• Choose a program length that fits your school schedule starting in the Fall or Spring
  • Flight, host family accommodations and meals included in the program fee
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your study abroad program
  • 24-hour emergency support during your high school program
  • Pre-departure and arrival orientations included
Oceania » Australia
Program Categories
Winter
Inclusions
Airfare
Meals
Some Activities
--Roundtrip international airfare from LAX to Adelaide (ADL)
--Airport greeting by your host family or local coordinator
--Host family accommodations and 3 meals per day
--Medical/Accident insurance
--Support and counseling services from in-country staff
--24-hour emergency support
--Pre-departure Orientation and Preparation
--Cultural Pre-departure Orientation (via Skype)
--General Pre-departure Orientation (in-person or via Skype)
--Arrival Orientation with Australian Local Coordinator
--Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
--Opportunities to volunteer in your host community
--Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program

Jake
Ijamsville, Maryland

Best decision ever!

To say the least, this trip was life changing for me. my day to day life was not the most difficult of all people, mainly because my classes in school were not challenging, but also because I made the most of my 3 months by practically getting out every day and experiencing australia. A typical weekday would be either going to Crossfit for a workout, going to the Victor Harbor footy club training with some guy friends from school, or just hanging out with someone at either their house or mine after school ended. Weekends involved lots of surfing and bodyboarding, going to different festivals and celebrations in the city, or going to beach parties through my youth group from a church I got involved in. As well as difficulties go, I can't say I had any. Not once did I feel homesick or regret my decision. Two of my favorite highlights of the trip would have to be cliff jumping with one of my good friends who I made on the trip, and when a few Friends threw me and Anna (the other American exchange student) a going away party on my last Saturday there.

To be honest, my parents would be the better people to answer this question, as they had more involvement planning this trip with the organization. Although if I had to change one thing about it I would say maybe the selection to choose where to be placed in Australia. Grannit I still loved Victor Harbor, and I was more than happy there, but perhaps in the future some kids could choose to go to Sydney or the Gold Coast if they wanted to.

Doug
Ijamsville, Maryland (just outside of Washington DC and Baltimore)

Jake Makosy Trip to Australia

Greenheart Travel was great to work with.

They answered any questions we may have had as well as prompted our son for what to expect with regards to his travels and his stay in Australia.

He absolutely loved the experience and is already talking about going back next summer.

No real comment here

Hayden
Mount Gambier South Australia

Avoid At All Costs

Greenheart has lied to me continuously. They have placed me in a very unsafe situation and have never once been concerned with my wellbeing. Feel free to contact me for more information. Above all else do not send your child with them.

Response from Greenheart Travel

Hi Hayden,
We are very sorry that you feel so strongly about your time in Australia. We are happy to address your concerns and questions about the program with you and your parents. Safety is the number one priority of our programs at Greenheart Travel, and we perform numerous steps before and during each participants’ program to ensure their safety. All of our participants are placed with carefully matched and thoroughly vetted host families, all of whom must pass a criminal background check.

Local staff in Australia are available to counsel and assist students who are struggling with adjustment issues and assigned as your personal contact to talk about any issues that might arise. We understand that it might have been difficult to express any challenges you were having to your local coordinator, but please understand that it is our top priority to promptly resolve any issues, especially when safety is involved.

We are always striving to ensure all our participants have the most rewarding experiences abroad and would love to continue the conversations we've had. Feel free to contact me directly any time, as I would be happy to address any further concerns you have had during your experience.

- Hope Pavich, Greenheart Travel High School Programs Manager

Greenheart Travel is excited to provide authentic cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world. Our programs include volunteer opportunities, short and long term teaching contracts and work and internship positions abroad. We also offer TEFL certification, high school study