High School Study Abroad Exchange Program in Italy

This program has been paused and is currently not being offered. View more programs from Greenheart Travel.

Spend a trimester, semester or year studying abroad in Italy as a high school student, and live like like local while perfecting your Italian language skills. Students are matched with a carefully screened local host family and attend a local high school for a full immersion experience abroad.

Now is your chance to explore all that the country's history, art, language, and literature has to offer while boosting your college application and having the high school experience of a lifetime!

Program at-a-glance:
-- Host family accommodation provides full language & cultural immersion
-- No previous Italian experience is required -- beginners welcome!
-- You can choose between trimester, semester or academic year lengths
-- Start dates available in spring or fall
-- Straightforward online application process

Program Highlights
  • Host family accommodations and meals included in the program fee
  • Full cultural arrival orientation in Italy with fellow international exchange students
  • Medical Insurance and 24/7 Emergency Contact Support
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program

• Program Selection 9
  • Pre-departure Help 9
  • In-program Support 9
  • Impact on Student 8
Cris

Greenheart & WEP

Our son choose Greenheart to study in Italy (junior year of high school). They were a fantastic support organization and he had a wonderful year. The preparation assistance prior to the trip was excellent. There were some initial host family issues that created parental concern and stress for our son, but Greenheart and their partner WEP did an excellent job solving those issues and he had a great ten months and is now fluent in Italian. Problems will occur in international travel and teenagers, but we were impressed as parents how responsive the program was to our concerns; they always put the well being of our 16 year old son as the first priority. We had high confidence in the representatives and highly recommend the program.

They did a great job! Very experienced.
Diana

Life Changing Decision

This experience was one of the best decisions I have ever made. It was both challenging and rewarding. I met some of my best friends over there. I still keep in contact with many of them. I learned Italian and taught English at the local school I attended. It allowed me to grow as a person. The one price of advice I have is that you shouldn't go on this program if you are not able to be independent. You have support in the country but often you need to relay upon yourself to make changes.

I think the help offered in the country could be improved. Greenheart is wonderful but their partners abroad, in this case STS could use some work.