Experience Costa Rica, a leader in conservation and biodiversity, and find out why this small country is home to some of the world's happiest people. On Service programs for middle and high school students, immerse yourself in the life of a small village while working side-by-side with locals on meaningful projects. Play pick-up games of soccer with Tico kids or hike to a hidden swimming hole. Explore Costa Rica's incredible diversity of landscapes and wildlife—trek through the rainforest in search of toucans, sloths, and howler monkeys, learn to surf on Costa Rica's world-renowned waves, or participate in a thrilling whitewater rafting trip. Whether you're exploring ecological treasures such as Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, searching the jungle for sloths and capuchin monkeys, learning to make traditional Costa Rican cullinary specialties like gallo pinto, or practicing your Spanish vocabulary, your time in Costa Rica will be fun, eye-opening, and memorable.
- Play pick-up games of soccer with children and teens from your host village
- Learn to surf on the pristine waves on Costa Rica's Pacific coast
- Trek through a cloud forest in search of sloths and capuchin monkeys
- Take part in a beach cleanup to protect sea turtle habitat
- Go whitewater rafting with skilled river guides and take a thrilling ride through pristine rainforest