The Oxford Summer Academy

The Oxford Summer Academy

The Oxford Summer Academy gives students a taste of the Oxford University experience!

Participants join other international students and study in the mornings followed by a wide variety of elective sessions in the afternoon. Students can pick any combination of subjects, and our academic classes have no more than 6 students in them, providing a highly interactive experience for each and every person. Students stay in a medieval college and also have the opportunity to explore the other university colleges, museums and gardens, as well as the beautiful city of Oxford. On weekends there are excursions further afield to cities like London, Bath and Cambridge! We offer a full evening social program, involving activities such as theatre trips and punting, meaning students get a full academic, social and cultural experience.

Europe » England » Oxford
Europe » England

Gabriella
England

An Unforgettable Experience

I never felt the presence of time until those two weeks. I was counting the time in dismay because in the presence of excellent teachings, uplifting and delightful fun and memorable friends I did not want to leave. The magnificent city of Oxford will leave you breathless with its historic buildings and towers making your two weeks spent in the city magical. It consumes you much more if you are in good company more so great company of people. Classes were excellent, I had taken Law, Philosophy, Essay writing and Debating and I learnt so much in two weeks. The accommodation was comfy and nice and the staff were amazing. Thank you for the amazing time spent in your program it was truly delightful.

I wish I had come earlier.

Tomás
Bogotá, Colombia

Great academic courses!

I went to The Oxford Summer Academy on July 3013 and I took different courses; both for mathematics (Calculus, Algebra and Advance Algebra) and for history (The Tudors, A walking history of Oxford), the academic experience was of a high level.

Thank you OSA!

There were a little too strict about some things.

linhaimo
台灣

Oxford Summer Academy

It was a really great and useful experience in the Oxford Summer Academy. The courses were good, as well as the tutors. The campus of St. Edmund Hall was beautiful and peaceful. I would like to return and attend again at this program.

The schedules were a bit too tide. Some more free time will be better.

Elizabeth
Singapore

Day to day

We get breakfast from the dorm and we have classes from 9 to about 5 on the days that we have elective classes. Other days we're released earlier than that. For lunch we get to go around Oxford and eat on our own. They gave us a great tour of the city and gave suggestions on where to eat. Dinner is also served by the dorm and they catering was really good.

We get to make a lot more friends from around the world on the trip and we had a good time. They also took us to the historical sites in England like Bath and Stonehenge. The staff was really friendly and we all had a good time getting to know the other students as well as the teachers and mentors.

All in all it was a fun educational trip and I would love to go again.

The only complain was that when i went there, there was a severe heat stroke across England so there were a few warm nights.

The Oxford Summer Academy provides great summer programs specifically for high school students who wish to get a pre-university experience at the University of Oxford in England. There are numerous courses for teenagers who want a challenge and an academic adventure, and live like a