Summer Study Abroad in Oxford, England

Our Oxford Summer School is our longest running and most popular study option, with programs guaranteed to pique the interest of any student aged 8-25. From Engineering to Law, and Medicine to Creative Writing, our two-week courses are ideal for students seeking to hone existing academic skills or to discover something new.

For the duration of their stay in Oxford, students are resident in either a constituent college of the University of Oxford or Yarnton Manor, our very own Jacobean manor house a few minutes’ drive from the city centre. Both offer unparalleled facilities and a quintessentially English environment in which to live and work.

At ORA we pride ourselves on our vibrant international mix, bringing intellectually curious individuals from all over the world together as a fun, friendly community. Last summer we welcomed students from over 100 different nationalities, and we look forward to repeating this achievement in 2018!

• Unparalleled Academically Prestigious Venues
  • Live in a 17th-century manor house or a top UK boarding school
  • Join students from all over the world
  • An exciting cultural and recreational program to complement your studies
  • A recipient of the highest accolade for British businesses

• Program Selection 10
  • Pre-departure Help 10
  • In-program Support 10
  • Impact on Student 10
Carlo

ORA summer camp

i really enjoyed the 2 week course. i learned a lot about economics and politics. there is a huge range of subjects to choose from so everybody will find their cup of tea. the staff and the professors are very nice and thoughtful. i was in st. peters college and my room was very good. i had more than enough space to relax, do my homework and feel like at home. my only complain is that the food wasn´t very good.

The only thing i would improve is the quality of the food.
Miguel

A Great Experience

I had a great time in my Broadening Horizons course. It was a great opportunity to explore academic fields and to make friendships with people from all over the world. The location was very historical and central which allowed for easy transportation. The academic growth I obtained through this course was very rewarding and beneficial. It also exposed me to many fields and let me know which ones I like and which ones I dislike. The staff was considerate and would do their best to help anyone who had a complication, they were also approachable and did not alienate themselves from the students. On the academic side, I was shown what I am lacking and where and how I can improve the quality of my work. In conclusion, it was an experience which helped me enhance my academic skills and give me a taste of what university life could be like.

The main improvements in my case would be the quality of the food of the campus I was staying at, and the number of people in my course. This is because the food in the college was mediocre, and my course had around 20 students, which is quite a small number and I understand that most courses have well over 60 students per session.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Miguel,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review!

We are delighted that you had a great opportunity at ORA both academically and culturally.

We appreciate your feedback.

Océane

Oxford Royale Academy is a life changing experience!

Oxford Royale Academy has been one of the most enriching experiences of my life. Participating in this summer school has not only educated me in the subjects I chose, but also in real life skills. I’ve learned to be independent, and how to take care of myself. I have also gotten the opportunity to socialize and make friends with other kids my age from all over the world. These friendships have given me an insight on all the different cultures and ways of life around the world. I have also gotten to explore Oxford itself, and learn about its history and experience it’s amazing architecture. Overall, I think that going to Oxford Royale Academy is an awesome, life changing experience, which I would highly recommend.

Juan

My life time experience with ORA

My experience with ORA was a unique experience that I am blessed to share today. I am from Guatemala and this was my first time traveling alone. I was assigned to stay at Lady Margaret Hall. At first I was scared but the staff from ORA was very kind and they welcomed me and made me feel more comfortable. With the experience of ORA I not only learned from our morning classes but I also learned outside of class. It was amazing to be able to meet people from all over the world! It was awesome to observe and learn other cultures and how we all have something in common which is humanity. Even tho we were all so different we all had something alike. The afternoon activities were very interesting because not only did I interact with my classmates and friends but I also learned some of British culture. One of my favorite experiences were punting and also being able to participate and win the LMH talent show. Also the parties where awesome because I was able to meet people from another campus as well. Overall it was a privilege to representy country and I feel so blessed to being able to have this opportunity.
Thank you.

This program could be improved by maybe having more free time and more freedom to leave the campus.
Isabelle

Summer camp

My experience was unique because it gives me an insight of my career options.The programmes were amazing and the food was so so good with different variety.There could probably be more activities included.The courses were challenging as I enjoyed the CPR, dissecting etc.Our teachers were also very resourceful and I think the knowledge gain is worth the money.However the London tour was too short and we weren’t allowed much freedom to tour around.There were lots of places that we didn’t manage to go for example Parliament House,Big Ben etc.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Isabelle,

Thank you very much for your great review and feedback!

We are happy that you had a good insight into your career options.

Best of luck for the future!

Eteesha

Baliol was spectacular

One of the best experiences ever. Would recommend to all especially medics. The staff were very helpful and aided me through the application process. Many extras curricular opportunities were also provided with regular events and trips to museums and even a trip to London to see wicked. I enjoyed the freedom of being able to roam around at my own leisure and explore Oxford as a magnificent Roman city. It was one of the best 2 weeks of my life!

Better food
Leonor

Oxford Royale Academy Summer School Review

Oxford Royale Academy Summer School was an amazing experience and I’m sure that I will never forget it! I took the New Perspectives course, from which I choose three subjects: Physics & Chemistry, Human Biology and Essay Writing Skills. All the classes were interesting and gave me the opportunity to explore these areas further than I have the chance to do at school. I loved the teachers as well and all the members of the staff. They were always happy to help us, not only in classes but also outside of them, and that made this experience much better. But ORA is much more than just the classes, ORA is all about meeting people from all over the world and that’s what makes it so special. For example, I had the chance to meet people from Australia, Malaysia, Germany, USA, China, Italy, Madagascar, and from many other countries altogether. I never imagined I would identify myself with all these people, but the truth is that after the two weeks it seemed like we knew each other for much longer. Besides the classes, we had a lot of activities, for instance, I went punting, which is a traditional activity in Oxford, and I just loved it! We also went to London, to visit the Aquarium and the London Eye and to the Blenheim Palace, where we had a very relaxing time! Finally we had two parties, and they were by no means the best ones I have been in my life, the atmosphere was really cool, everyone was having fun and on account of the themes of the parties, everything was decorated according to them and it made them wonderful! Basically, ORA is a great opportunity to learn new things, to try new activities but mainly, ORA is an opportunity to make friends from all over the world, to know other cultures and to learn to live in a community where we respect each other and learn from each other, because we all came from different backgrounds and we all had different stories to tell!

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Leonor,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review!

We are delighted that you had an unforgettable experience.

Ahmed

Excellent

This allowed me to gain some experience before heading out to university. This taught me to become independent and changes have been seen by members of my family. I have learnt to adapt to my environment and accept people idead, through meeting people of different backgrounds, races, and personalities. The course I took (Intro to Engineering) taught gave me an insight of what engineering is like and made me sure that it is the career I would like to follow

More off campus activities
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Ahmed,

Thank you very much for your excellent review!

We are pleased to hear that you have grown as a person and learned a lot.

Good luck for the future!

Jasmin

Why Coming to Oxford was the Best Decision I Made

When I came to Oxford I hoped I was going to have a great time. Not only did this hope come true, but the experience I have had in my two weeks in Oxford was also challenging, fulfilling and extremely instructive. The campus I lived on was beautiful and the people I met were brilliant. The friends I have made from all over the world are ones that I will stay in contact with for many years to come. The lessons I have learned were of immense value to me and have inspired me to continue along the academic path I want to take. Over the time period of my course I have grown in a way I could not have grown if I had not come to ORA. So I advice everyone who considers applying to an ORA-course to take this opportunity and do it. There is so much waiting for you.

A little more time for assignments and more support from the councillors.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Jasmin,

Wow! Thank you for your fantastic review, we are happy that you had a brilliant time both socially and academically.

See you again soon!

Sam

Great place to visit. May be not academically.

I have always wanted to visit Oxford University for a college visit. And therefore I participated in this program. I chose to study medicine and I learnt in detail what this University is looking for. It was a fascinating experience for me as I not only got to know the college but also its magnitude. I also enjoyed the views from people in Oxford as I pretended to be an Oxford student haha. Overall, my highlight of the trip was the debate I participated in. It's called the "Great ORA debate." . If you are joining this program, this event is worth more than the money you pay. Try to become a speaker like me, If you are reading this I am pretty sure you'll already qualified as this proves your interest towards Oxford hehe. Oh and one tip from me is that you should definitely visit Ben's Cookies there (try the milk chocolate chip)! You will be crying on the last day by the way. The PD tell you that during the orientation, no one believes it but it's true, I just confirmed it Steve haha.
The content was not that difficult, the staff's tips about getting into Oxford is what really matters.
Thanks for reading this, now go study.

You should allow students to follow staff's instagram.
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Sam,

A huge thank you for your glowing review and feedback!

Noor

Oxford Royale 2018 Summer camp review

i found that the oxford royale summer camp experience was one of a kind. The courses were incredibly inspiring and were packed with information. I can also say as a person who aspires to work in the field of medicine, that studying an introduction to medicine was extremely helpful and taught me skills i will hopefully use later in life. For example i was taught how to take someone's blood pressure and how to identify symptoms of different diseases. On top of all of this the camp also allowed me to make friends with people all over the world ranging from Greece to New York. I also loved the activities hosted by the councillors, my favourite one being punting. The only thing i would change was that i would decrease the amount of registrations per day when we are just staying on campus as at times the large amount of registrations seemed slightly unnecessary.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Noor,

A huge thank you for your glowing review!

We are thrilled to read that your experience was memorable and that you learned a lot.

Thanks again for the great review.

Victoria

English Programm, Intriduction in medicine

Hello, I am a mother of two children and I would share like a parent my emotions with those who are willing to see the best future for their children. Mine were 3 times in Oxford Royal Academy. Fantastic experience, wonderful teaching stuff always ready to help You , giving a friendly and lovely attitude , showing their best in all, and the result was great! My son was the first who joined ORA for his first English Summer Programm, he was sharing the unforgettable experience, activities, and quizzes, he was eager to return back, so next year he had his course: Introduction in Medicine with Mr. Yan Forester, a wonderful man, who almost "remade " my son, in a good way of this word: my son arrived happy, motivated and more interested in medicine. That helped him to finish successfully his college in Paris and to be admitted to a a scientific lycee! This summer, my daughter attended the English Programm in Ascot, Snt Mary' s School, and her English really impressed me, she had friends( though she is only 11), she manages to communicate now without obstacles. Her attitude was and continues to be serious, she was so delighted , sharing her wonderful moments in Ascot, photos, activities, trips to the London Zoo, my son , too!!! And Flemming' s museum, and Safari parc. Perfect organization, activities combined with studies, isn't it great for Your child? I beleive, yes, definitely! Wish to everyone good luck, and the same experience. Many thanks to the teaching stuff of ORA, congratulations and luck in their great work in future!
With big respect
Victoria Deveza, mother of Victor and Anastasia

I think that experiences, friendship, knowledge ( and ORA do have all this) may improve more all their programs, by all means for those who are really having intentions to study !
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Victoria,

Thank you very much for your positive review!

We are delighted to hear that your students have progressed in many areas.

Manuela

Oxford Royale Academy Experience Review

It is nearly impossible to phrase this life changing experience, my summer in ORA, in a concise description. During the 2 weeks that flew by, I had the opportunity to grow not only academically but as a person. I met amazing people in and outside of the classroom who have provided me with memories that I shall remember and cherish for the rest of my life. I arrived there excited and left a new person, so happy for everything I had acquired, from knowledge to new friendships, yet so sad to be leaving it all behind. I can say that I was definitely not disappointed with what I lived during the time I spent there and would undoubtedly recommend it to any teenager willing to have the time of their life.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Dear Manuela,

Thank you very much for your outstanding review!

We are pleased that you had a fantastic time and grew in many ways.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Zoei

Oxford Royal Academy, Cambridge (Clare College)

I had loads of fun meeting people from all around the world. It was intimidating at first but after the icebreakers activity on the first day, we all got along quite well. We had roommates, but unfortunately, my roommate and I had to share a single bedroom with two beds squeezed into it. Literally squeezed. I wasn't very satisfied with my room, especially considering that I had been to other rooms of my friends and there had been much bigger ones occupied by single persons who didn't get a roommate. Otherwise, I had a great experience. We had a zoolab day where we got to pet live animals and learn about them. We went to London and saw the play Kinky Boots. The classes were held at the Mathematics Centre and it was a lovely area to learn in. All of the teachers were very knowledgeable and fascinated by their subjects, and most of the teachers were able to successfully convey information in a way that wasn't boring to the student. The curfew I found was necessary, but even within our housing units we were not allowed to interact with students across the hall from us, which I did not understand and found somewhat unfair. Also, the wifi was not impressive.

Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Thank you Zoei! We are pleased that, as a Bursary winner, you enjoyed the summer school opportunity.

Sorry to hear about your bed situation, this is valuable feedback which we can use to improve for next year.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Becky

My Experience with ORA Summer Course at Oxford Uni in 2018

My experience at Oxford was absolutely phenomenal. It was a lovely time that I will never forget! I learned so much not just academically but also from the people I was surrounded by. The course itself, the trips and extra curricular activities combined to make it a special two week summer time for me. Oxford is such a beautiful place that inspires you to learn. I hope to come back and I do not hesitate to highly recommend it to anyone who wants to learn but also have a great time in an amazing environment.

Food could be improved
Response from Oxford Royale Academy

Thank you Becky! We are pleased that, as a Bursary winner, you enjoyed the summer school opportunity.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

About Oxford Royale Academy

Founded in 2004, Oxford Royale Academy is an award- winning provider of residential summer courses, headquartered in the ancient university city of Oxford. We are committed to providing academic excellence and superlative teaching standards to...