By Oxford Royale Academy   Reviews (19)   94% Rating

Oxford Royale Academy | Summer School in Oxford, England

By Oxford Royale Academy   Reviews (19)   94% Rating

Our Oxford Summer School is our longest running and most popular study option, with programmes guaranteed to pique the interest of any student aged 13-25. From Engineering to Law, and Medicine to Creative Writing, our two-week courses are ideal for students seeking to hone existing academic skills or to discover something new.

For the duration of their stay in Oxford, students are resident in either a constituent college of the University of Oxford or Yarnton Manor, our very own Jacobean manor house a few minutes’ drive from the city centre. Both offer unparalleled facilities and a quintessentially English environment in which to live and work.

At ORA we pride ourselves on our vibrant international mix, bringing intellectually curious individuals from all over the world together as a fun, friendly community. Last summer we welcomed students from over 100 different nationalities, and we look forward to repeating this achievement in 2017!

Europe › United Kingdom
Theater, Drama and Dance
Cost
Included in cost:

- Airport transfers to and from Oxford

- Meals on site (breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 13-15s; breakfast and dinner for 15+)

- 41 hours of contact time across each session

- Graduation certificate upon leaving

- Scholarships available
0.00
Oxford Royale Academy | Summer School in Oxford, England

Rating Values

Teresa
Portugal

The best time I´ve ever had

Overall 9

I had no idea of how it would be, I couldn´t have been more scared at the time, but all of that fear was soon gone. Just as I arrived to college, I had an amazing staff ready to help me and make my experience the best possible.
I was at ease from the moment I got there and honestly, all I wanted was for my parents to leave, so that I could experience this myself.
I think that the best tip I could give to a future student is definitely not to be shy! Everyone there is feeling exactly how you do so don´t waste a second, it may be hard but it will be worth it!
Please don´t think twice, it will definitely be the experience of your lifetime!

Chandler
Westport, CT

An amazing experience

Overall 10

I took part in Oxford Royale's Broadening Horizons program during the summer of 2015. I became friends with so many people from all around, many of whom I keep in touch with today. I took chemistry, mathematics, and Oxford's Art and Architecture during the two weeks I was there. My favorite class was Oxford's Art and Architecture because my teacher brought us all around Oxford during each class in order for us to be ale to see what we were learning about in person. It was so interesting to be able to experience everything with my own eyes, in person instead of just looking at a picture of what I was learning about on a sheet of paper. I will be forever grateful for the many wonderful, unforgettable experiences I had at Oxford Royale Academy.

I do not think anything needs improving. I very much enjoyed this program.

Clara
Vienna

Amazing experience

Overall 10

I really enjoyed my stay at Oxford Royale Academy. I made a lot of friends from all around the world whith whom I still have contact. It was an amazing experience and I really lived it there. I would totally recommend it. My room wasn't the best but it was okay and I really feeler like home. If I had to describe Oxford Royale Academy in one word it would be: wonderful. Thank you for everything I've learned! I'm now on the top in my english class!! I did a normal englisch course)

Sandy
Athens, Greece

Meet People from All Around the World.

Overall 10

Get Ready for a summer experience that will combine strong academic endeavors and social activities through which you make long lasting friends from all around the world. I participated in ORA 6 years ago and I still keep in touch with my friends. I took the Mathematics and Economics course and it helped me a lot later in school and college. I still remember the matrix proof I learnt in ORA and it was a very good foundation. Loved it!

Sophie
Perth

Amazing experience!

Overall 10

Oxford Royale was an amazing program. The courses were challenging, interesting and led by inspirational and qualified teachers. Not only was the academic focus of the program incredible, but there were countless support staff, many activities, social events and networking opportunities, including spending time with people with similar interests from all around the world. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity I would recommend for any young people.

Isaac
Miami,Fl

My summer 2016 oxford royal trip

Overall 10

This was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. The whole Oxford Royale trip was amazing, I learned many things and made lots of new friends. One of the greatest memories of the Oxford trip was winning best salsa dance at the the end of trip I was awarded a very nice Oxford hoodie! It was great I enjoyed all of the after class activities especially with the new friends I made. The people over there at Oxford Royale are very kind and fun people to be around, they made this trip even better. I enjoyed going to all of the muesemes we visited when we took a trip to London. Visiting London was also great because I saw lots of things I've never seen before.

Mifta
Brussels

Friends

Overall 9

I have met some very interesting people during my stay at ORA.

The lessons were great! But the connection I have with the new friends I've made is just wow... they're like the missing piece in my life. Thank you so much for this ORA!

- I met François Geng & Arthur Merminod again ( 2 Swiss ORA alumni) in Berlin two weeks after the course. Arthur and I were learning German. And Francois was just there on holiday with his family. What a coincidence! So we decided to hangout and We literally spent the best time of our life!
- I met another friend Vicky, who stayed at ORA for 4 weeks, she lives in Berlin so when she came back, we went for a girl's day.

- Segolène Denef and I saw each other again during Christmas in Brussels, it was as if we've known each other forever! I love her so much!

- Robin Okker ( another Belgian alumni) and I speak to each other everyday, he also introduced me to Alex Kas who is also an alumni but from 2015.
- And the craziest thing is that all of us have friends in common from around the globe who aren't in ORA.... For example Bridget Als ( an alumni from Trinidad) knows my friend Sebastian Perez in Jakarta...

More freedom

Annika
Berlin

Broadening Horizons

Overall 9

In 2013 I decided to sign up for the Broadening Horizons programme at ORA and I am so happy that I did! I chose to do Political & International Relations, as well as Experimental Psychology and the Global Issues Seminar Series. The teachers were all very enthusiastic about what they were teaching and it never got boring. I could indeed broaden my horizons, not only academically, but also socially and culturally. Nowhere before have I met so many students from all over the world in one place. The staff was super nice and I would recommend this programme to anyone who is interested.

Fatima
Faisalabad, Pakistan

Time of my life!

Overall 10

I'm out off words to describe my ORA'16 summer programme's experience. Unprecedented I would say. Everyday, was a day full of excitement and thrill with a new thing to discover. The courses were so enlightening and spellbinding. Whenever someone asks me about the best part it's just so hard to decide as every moment was a golden one. The evening activities were so exuberant and new to try such as punting, chicken wire activities and much much more.
Before going to the programme I was really nervous, but the counsellors were very welcoming and joyous. 2 weeks I spent there felt like home. Intermingling with students from over 50 nationalities changed my personality and way of thinking in a very positive way. ORA has given me dozens of life long friends and so much amazing memories I'll never forget, especially the parties.
I believe every student should once in a lifetime attend such programme. I'm thankful to ORA for providing me with this inestimable opportunity and I won't give it back even for a million dollars.

Pauline
Gent, Belgium

The most wonderful two weeks

Overall 10

Going into something as exciting, thrilling and new as this was something very much outside of my comfortzone. Yet, in a wonderful manner oRA made the experience incredibly easy. I discovered a new side of myself, I made new friends, some of which I know are for life, I got to realise my own potential. I am so grateful for everything I got from this amazing experience, I will treasure those two weeks forever and revisit them in my dreams.

I have no improvements.

Valeria
Berlin

unique academic summer school

Overall 9

My stay with Oxford Royale Academy was a unique, academically challenging and fun experience. Not only did I meet a lot of nice and inspiring young people, I also got to explore Oxford, London and some British universities. The classes were very interesting and while I was challenged and had to work, it never got boring and I was always motivated to participate in class. In the afternoon we had the possibility to visit workshops on very diverse topics- I chose poetry- which didn't necessarily have anything to do with our academic course- I chose UK University Preparation. There was also plenty of time for bonding with new friends. One of my favourite experience was when we went to London to watch the musical Thriller. After over half a year, I still fondly remember my experience and love keeping up with the friends I made there, which I am still quite close to.

Laaibah
Rawalpindi, Pakistan

Best two weeks of my life!

Overall 10

Going to ORA was my first venture out of my own country, and naturally I was nervous. However attending the stimulating and enjoyable courses and workshops opened my mind and provided me with wonderful learning opportunities. All excursions, activities and events served to make the experience even more enriching. I can easily say that I had the best 2 weeks of my life at ORA doing so many amazing things I could not have gotten to do in my home country of Pakistan.

Stefania
Nottingham

Summer of 2010

Overall 9

It was a very new and interesting experience for me. I have never been to a Summer School with so many international students. The experience of sharing experiences, trips and classes with a variety of students has helped me to see other point of views and has made me be better. I signed up for maths and photography classes which I enjoyed. It was very scary too. I was still young and I felt I have to be very responsible. Away from home and from my comfort zone has pushed me to discover myself and to trust my feelings. English was also a challenge. Although I studied it for a long time at home, it was very hard at times to understand it but to get the British accent as well.

Milica
Limassol, Cyprus

Friendships last forever

Overall 10

Ive attended ORA for two consecutive years 2011 and 2012 and both have been a happy memory that I cherish forever! The friends I've made are still close to me 5 years later and I couldnt be more thankful to have friends from all around the world! Both stays in St.Catherines college and Balliol college were amazing and I wish I could return! Even the course was excellent and prepared me so well for university in the UK. Would definitely recommend!!

Tuana
Istanbul/London

My ORA experience

Overall 9

I had a lot of fun and made new friends from all around the world but unfortunately the law class i attended didn't provide enough information and help regarding the LNAT and Personal statements. Besides these two errors everything was wonderful. Yarnton Manor was a beautiful place and i miss it already. All the house deans and staff were incredibly friendly I would love to be a part of the ORA team someday.

They should focus a little bit more on the LNAT exercises and Personal Statement preparing as promised.

Adaline
Nottingham

ORA 2016 - My experience

Overall 9

I found ORA absolutely amazing when I went - I made lots of friends quite quickly and we still talk even now! There was a lot of choice in terms of what people could do during free time, and all of the staff were really lovely. I found the lessons interesting, and everything we covered felt relevant and well explained. All in all, I would definitely recommend an ORA course to anyone considering going on one this summer.

It would have been a little better if the accommodation had been a bit cleaner when we first moved in.

Ferren
Bandar Lampung

Experience like no other

Overall 10

Attending ORA last year was one of the best decisions of my life. It was life changing, I immensely enjoyed my time in the loveliest college in the world.
My two weeks were action packed with surprises and fun. It opened my horizons to the world, and I learned so much during my summer course. I made lots of friends from different parts of the world and am still in contact with them. I just couldn't thank my parents enough for sending me to ORA.

Dina
Jeddah

The Best Summer I've Ever Had

Overall 9

When I arrived at ORA, I thought it was going to be just like every other summer camp/program I've been to. I thought it was going to be boring, the people there would be rigid and mean and that I would make no friends. Well...I was wrong. My time at Oxford Royale Academy was as fun as it was beneficial. I made an amazing group of friends, with whom I still keep in touch with, and met so many different, interesting people from all over the world, whether they be students or counselors, they always had amazing stories to tell and insightful questions about my culture and where I come from. ORA helped me get over my social anxiety and my fear of public speaking because when I was there, the shy, quiet girl that I have been for my entire life, suddenly went flying out the window. Before I knew it, I was just walking up to people and starting conversations with them, and actually speaking in front of my entire class during a presentation, and it didn't even feel the slightest bit hard. That is why, my summer at oxford Royale Acadamy was one that I will never forget.

Luna
Vancouver, BC, Canada

ORA 2016 New Perspectives

Overall 7

Ever since I've attended ORA over the summer and took the psychology course, I have been engaged with topics relating to psychology and noting things about psychology whenever I am able to. The courses which I took at ORA really helped me in finding new studies I am passionate about, as ORA offers different opportunities that you would usually receive at school. I also had lots of fun in my workshops, and I really did learn a lot from it. My public speaking and debate workshop greatly helped me with studies at school as well.

The environment isn't overly challenging, but there is enough material given for the student to really get a clear insight into the course they chose. Overall, the summer New Perspectives program surely lives up to its name!

Founded in 2004, Oxford Royale Academy is an award- winning provider of residential summer courses headquartered in the ancient university city of Oxford. We are committed to providing academic excellence and superlative teaching standards to students from all over the world, enabling them to develop their academic abilities and go on to individual success. Over the last ten years we have garnered an impressive range of awards and accreditations, assuring you of our exemplary standards of education, service, and safety. We were particularly pleased to be honoured by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise twice: once in 2012 and more recently in 2016. The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious accolades for businesses and individuals in the United Kingdom.

Community Photos: