Summer Volunteer Programs in Fiji

Summer Volunteer Programs in Fiji

Program Highlight!

Explore the intersection of modern medicine and indigenous wisdom as you lend a hand to community health projects on our Bali: Global Health Initiative™ program.

These islands are some of the most remote places on Earth. Fiji is indeed a tropical paradise. It is also a country with tremendous need. Learn about the settlement of the Pacific - how great explorers crossed thousands of miles of ocean by canoe to settle here. Watch the vast Pacific Ocean devour the setting sun each night. Experience Fiji's rich marine life and abundance of forest. Global Leadership Adventures offers teen summer travel programs in Fiji; programs are focused on community service for high school students.

Fiji: Children of the South Pacific™: 333 islands. One Pacific paradise. This is Fiji, where powerful seeds of opportunity await your planting.

Fiji: Marine Conservation Expedition™: Voyage to beautiful Fiji, where you’ll learn to protect its abundant ocean life and discover an ancient island culture.

Program Categories
Includes: All meals and purified water, Lodging in GLA Home-Base, All excursions and activities, 24-hour emergency hotline, Airport Transportation, Local Transportation, Pre-departure Orientation, Travel, medical and evacuation insurance, Phone call home upon arrival.

My summer In Fiji with Global Leadership Adventures

I've traveled twice with global leadership adventures and had amazing life experiences and unforgettable adventures met new people and learned so much about the world. Last summer, I traveled with Global Leadership Adventures to the islands of Fiji for three weeks and had a fantastic experience. I made strong relationships with the people on my trip, learned so much about the culture and the language, experienced new foods, went on several unforgettable adventures, and learned a lot about myself and who I want to be. GLA has led me to some of the best experiences in my life and I never want the adventuring to end. They have taught me how to be a part of a community I don't belong to and to help everyone who needs it in a respectful manner. GLA has developed me into the person I am and has helped me idealize who I want to be in my future. I don't know what my life would be like without Global Leadership Adventures and the amazing trip I went on in Fiji.

Have more boat transportation and more Dramamine available.

A summer that words can never do justice

Traveling to another country all by yourself the scariest thing at first, but trust me it's not. Going to Fiji this summer was the single best thing that could have happen to me. I learned so much things about myself that I never could have imagined. When being put in so many situations that put me out of my comfort zone challenged me and also helped me grow for the better. You wouldn't believe the friends you make and how quickly you all come to be family. Being with these people for three weeks straight while sharing so many memories is so touching, I never wanted to leave them. We spent most of our trip on the island of Naviti, there we stayed at a small resort and traveled by boat to the village. When going into the village we were welcomed with open arms by the locals, constantly playing with the young kids and enjoying the delicious food the women graciously made for us. Volunteer work ranged from teaching english, to helping build rain water tanks, and preserving marine wildlife. Although the work was the most rewarding, adventures of the island were just as breath taking. We would climb the volcanic terrain as well as swam along the reef and jumped off the dive tower into the crystal blue water. There was never a dull moment there, especially with such friendly staff who loved to play volleyball with us. If you are considering going on a service trip I would forever recommend it, even if you don't know anyone cuz we are all in the same boat there. I couldn't imagine anyone not having the time of their life on this trip, it truly was extraordinary.

Maybe more time spent in the village to socialize with the locals a little bit more

The Best Three Weeks of My Life

This past summer I traveled to Fiji for three weeks with Global Leadership Adventures and I can honestly say it was the best experience I have ever had. Every new place we went we were greeted with the warmest welcomes and friendliest smiles I had ever seen in my life. The program director, mentors, and local staff were so incredibly helpful, supportive, intelligent, and fun. The food and housing were always great. The balance between service and adventure was awesome, we worked for long hours in the villages on a variety of projects but it was always fun. When we got back we had free time to jump in the ocean or hang out in a hammock. The excursions to see stingrays and the long mountain hikes were incredible. And the nightly meeting where we talked about leadership and our views on the world were so engaging and informative. While I was there I also became best friends with the other students on the trip, and since then have flown across the country to visit them. Everyone was so welcoming and nobody was left out, we all had so much fun together. My time in Fiji was without a doubt be the best experience I have had to date, and I know when I came home I was a changed person. I expanded my horizons and immersed myself into a new culture. I gained new knowledge of people around the world, and new insight into the vast world that is out there. My trip challenged me, it pushed me and tired me out but at the end of the day it proved to be so incredibly rewarding. I recommend this program so much to anyone who wants to do service in another country and expand their horizons. The spirit of the country was indescribable, one of the best things I have experienced in my life. The GLA staff did an amazing job organizing this and I'm so happy I was lucky enough to be a part of it!

Honestly I have no comments, everything about it was incredible and I wouldn't change a thing.

How Fiji Changed My Life

Words can't describe how special this program is. You get to swim with manta rays, see islands stretch for miles, laugh and play games with some of the greatest kids you'll meet, and create friendships that will last a lifetime. I thought this was the perfect amount of freedom mixed with 100% adult assistance for high schoolers. I also loved that this wasn't just a vacation, it was a chance to make a difference. I would not change this trip for anything and I will remember it for the rest of my life.

I feel like another day on the main island would be fun. I felt like I had enough time, but I'm sure if there was another day I would understand the culture on the main island even better.

About Global Leadership Adventures (GLA)

With a history and heritage in global education, Global Leadership Adventures packs our itineraries with leadership development, volunteering and the delight of taking learning off the beaten path. Our unique program design produces what many...