1, 2 & 3-Month, Semester and Academic Year Study Abroad Programs in France with Greenheart Travel

Spend a trimester, semester or year studying abroad in France as a high school student, and live like like local while perfecting your French language skills. Students are matched with a carefully screened local host family and attend a local high school for a full immersion experience abroad.

Now is your chance to explore all that the country's history, art, language, and literature has to offer while boosting your college application and having the high school experience of a lifetime!

Program at a Glance:
-- Host family accommodation provides a full language & culture immersion experience
-- Must have 2 years of French language experience
-- You can choose between 1 or 2-months, trimester, semester or academic year length programs
-- Straightforward online application process
-- Start dates available in spring or fall

Program Fees:
1 Month: $8,280
2 Month: $8,900
Academic Trimester: $9,720
Academic Semester: $11,660
Academic Year: $12,700

• Flight, host family accommodations and meals included in the program fee
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
  • Medical Insurance and 24/7 Emergency Contact Support
French
Included in the Program Fee:
- Roundtrip international airfare from designated gateway airport to France
- Host family accommodations and 2-3 meals per day
- Language and Culture program (4 days)
- Local arrival orientation with area representative
- Medical/Accident insurance
- Support and counseling services from in-country staff
- 24-hour emergency support
- Pre-departure Orientation and Preparation
- Cultural Pre-departure Orientation (via Skype)
- General Pre-departure Orientation (in-person or via Skype)
- Personal assistance from a Greenheart Travel program manager
- Letter of Recommendation upon request and successful completion of the program

Olivia
Saskatoon Canada

Five months in France

I was a junior when I first came came along Greenheart, I was immediately enthralled with the idea to go live in a foreign country and witness their customs and traditions.
I was in France for 5 months and I got back in the end of January of 2015. I loved my exchange to France! I met the most amazing family and had the most amazing friends. I got to really see what life was like in France.
The only advice I have is to be careful with what form of money you bring to France, as a lot of times Traveller checks don't work and neither do visas (because they don't have a chip) be safe and take a debit card!
I had no difficulty with homesickness as I felt really comfortable with my host family. It's a good idea to really stick to the calling of parents once or twice a week.
The only issue I had was with my school. The amount of people who told me in France that the French were very exclusive was incredible. Io can admit that I had Zero friends at school but It didn't really affect me because I had a ton of friends outside of school.
I feel like since I have been back, I have had more homesickness to going back to France than I have ever had while I was in France.

I would say maybe more backgrounds on schools there because the school I went to really didn't help with my french as myself along with 4 other exchange students were stuck at the back of the class and not really talked to.

Helen
Cary, North Carolina

Cultural Exchange

Everyday living abroad is a complete adventure, and with adventure comes excitement and it isn't a good adventure unless you run into some problems. I became very very close with my host family and I couldn't imagine how I could have ever possibly been placed better. My match was PERFECT. Although the overall experience was wondrous, I did run into some hard moments. I learned the hard way that being sick away from home is really quite hard. However a life on exchange, like life at home, cannot be always perfect. No matter where you live you'll have good days and bad days.
But choosing to study in high school is quite different than studying abroad in college. In high school, you live with a family and are truly confined to the household and the house rules. You are accepted as a family member, not as a privileged guest, which is very important to remember.
My best experience from study abroad was the travelling we did. With my family I was able to go to the French Alps, London, The Maldives, and Cannes. They really made sure that I saw the country I was living in and I was really grateful.

I would recommend going for a whole year if you can. I wouldn't have been able to miss a year of high school and get into the university I was interested in.

As for the program, I think they should do a bit more research into the schools they put students in. The school I was changed into was great, but apparently the first school I was supposed to go to had a bad reputation.

Greenheart Travel is excited to provide authentic cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world. Our programs include volunteer opportunities, short and long term teaching contracts and work and internship positions abroad. We also offer TEFL certification, high school study