France: Fine Arts & Photography

Embark on a creative journey through French art and culture as you experience Paris and Provence, France’s colorful countryside. Explore various quaint towns surrounded by sunflower and lavender fields while tracing the footsteps of famous artists who have been inspired by the region, including Van Gogh and Cézanne. Travel to Paris, to take in the art at galleries and world-renowned museums such as the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay.

Develop your drawing, painting, and photography skills through classes and projects with formal direction from a professional photographer, art professor, and local artists. Take sketching, drawing, and watercolor lessons while learning to conceptualize your artwork. Learn about photo composition and explore photography as a communication tool with a professional photographer at your side. Discover new art forms through workshops in pottery, silk painting, indigo dyeing, and/or natural paint making. Meet local artists and refine your personal art style.

• Arts
  • Language
  • Culinary
  • Physical Activity
  • Homestay

Blanca

France Art Travels

Overall a great experience. I've made life long friends both in the United States and in France. I learned quite a bit about using a camera. The painting part was fun to, it was a more for beginners though. But there was a lot of freedom to do what you would like to do. That is what I liked most.
The family I stayed with was amazing. They were very accepting of how I was. We spent time at the zoo and went to the museums. That was by far the best part of the trip. I made friends across the world that I will never forget. Even though they may not have had a child my age with them at the time it was still a fun experience.

I think that the itinerary could have been more planned out.
Amy

Group Members

Among all the things we did, from hiking in Remuzat to having famous hot chocolate in Paris, one of the best things that I would never change was my group. My group leaders and group members became my family during this 4 week program and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I miss my group members more than I missed my family (sorry Mom & Dad). They really helped me open my eyes to the world and how different everyone can be as we explored the different regions of France. I highly recommend this program as it was the best experience of my life and it made me so much more independent as I now prepare for college.

The only thing I would suggest is to maybe spend a little more time on the thematic part of the program. I expected to paint and do photography a little more than we did.

About The Experiment in International Living

The Experiment in International Living is the most experienced provider of summer abroad programs for high school students. For more than 85 years, our immersive programs have allowed participants to explore the world in an authentic and impactful...