France: Fine Arts & Photography

France: Fine Arts & Photography

Embark on a creative journey through French art and culture from majestic Paris to the French countryside. You will take in the art at worldrenowned museums, such as the Louvre and Musée d’Orsay. Develop your drawing, painting, and photography skills through projects under the guidance of French artists. Set up a photoshoot in the famous Père Lachaise cemetery or Belleville Market with a professional photographer at your side. Travel the countryside and trace the footsteps of famous artists who have been inspired by the region of Provence.
During your homestay in Les Baux-deProvence, get your hands dirty in a pottery workshop and delight in the regional food while immersing yourself in the daily life of a French family. Take trips with your host family to nearby cities of historical significance, such as Marseille or Avignon. You will also have opportunities to enhance your French language skills. Rendezvous back in Paris to reflect on your journey and mount an exhibition of your work.

• Arts
  • Language
  • Culinary
  • Physical Activity
  • Homestay
Europe » France
Program Categories
Hotel
The Experiment is the leader in financial aid and scholarships, awarding $2.4 Million in 2016 alone. Program fee includes all accommodations in country, meals, activities, conferences, in-country travel, and 24-hour on-call support. Excludes international airfare.

Blanca
Racine

France Art Travels

Overall a great experience. I've made life long friends both in the United States and in France. I learned quite a bit about using a camera. The painting part was fun to, it was a more for beginners though. But there was a lot of freedom to do what you would like to do. That is what I liked most.
The family I stayed with was amazing. They were very accepting of how I was. We spent time at the zoo and went to the museums. That was by far the best part of the trip. I made friends across the world that I will never forget. Even though they may not have had a child my age with them at the time it was still a fun experience.

I think that the itinerary could have been more planned out.

Amy

Group Members

Among all the things we did, from hiking in Remuzat to having famous hot chocolate in Paris, one of the best things that I would never change was my group. My group leaders and group members became my family during this 4 week program and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I miss my group members more than I missed my family (sorry Mom & Dad). They really helped me open my eyes to the world and how different everyone can be as we explored the different regions of France. I highly recommend this program as it was the best experience of my life and it made me so much more independent as I now prepare for college.

The only thing I would suggest is to maybe spend a little more time on the thematic part of the program. I expected to paint and do photography a little more than we did.

The Experiment in International Living provides 3-, 4-, and 5-week summer programs for high school students who want to connect deeply and engage meaningfully with the richness and complexities of another country.

Programs equip students not only with essential cultural and, in many cases, language