• France
2 - 52 weeks

Program Details

Academic Year Fall Spring Summer

Pricing

You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE! Our high-quality programs include tuition, housing, on-site airport pick-up, field trips and cultural activities, 24/7 on-site professional staff, and automatic iNext insurance.

Airfare is included on high school semester abroad programs.

Scholarship opportunities are available for high school summer programs.

There are no hidden charges or surprises when you arrive!
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Travel Insurance
Oct 06, 2021
Jul 04, 2019
0 travelers are looking at this program

Take part in an amazing adventure to Europe’s largest and most diverse country. You can choose to discover the city of romance (Paris), the “pink city” (Toulouse), or the gem in the French Northwest (Rennes). Each location offers a unique experience that will help you deepen your understanding of French. You’ll get a feel for regional accents and build your vocabulary by chatting with local shop owners, neighbors, and friends of your homestay.

CIEE offers you a chance to soak up the richness and diversity of French culture either for the summer or a full high school semester! Not a high school student? Not a problem. We also offer Gap year abroad programs in Paris and Toulouse! Wherever you decide to stay and study, you’ll be immersed in the language, culture, and typical teen routine at a public or private lycée or collège.

Program Highlights

• See iconic sites like the Eiffel tower, the Mont Saint-Michel or the medieval walled city of Carcassonne
  • In Paris, visit some of the world’s most famous museums, including the Louvre, the Musée d’Orsay, and the Centre Georges Pompidou.
  • Indulge in delectable crêpes and other regional specialties
  • Enjoy an authentic homestay
  • Gain a certificate of learning in to use in your resume

Popular Programs

Eiffel tower students viewing

Whether you’re drawn to the bright lights of magical Paris, the rural charm of Rennes, or the student-populated Pink City of Toulouse, CIEE study abroad in France offers you academic and cultural options that provide an unparalleled experience abroad.

France city

Wherever you’re placed to live and study, you’ll be immersed in the language, culture, and typical teen routine at a public or private lycée or collège. From the Eiffel Tower to the beaches of Nice, there’s no shortage of top attractions to explore.

Big student group photo in France

Everyone dreams of a trip to Paris, but how many get to actually live there like a local? Here’s your chance to enjoy an unparalleled gap year experience in one of the world’s most beautiful and culturally important cities.

• 9-10 rating 83.33%
  • 7-8 rating 16.67%
Juana

It was great

This is an interesting experience, it was really fun. We got to see so much and learn a great amount. It couldn’t have been any better. The beaches are extremely nice and their traditions are really interesting. The town is small which makes it easier to move around, you really can’t get lost here. Over all everything was great the education, housing ,support ,and the food! I will definitely miss that!! The host families do definitely make you feel like you are part of theirs. You get to make new friends and meet all kinds of people. You also get to make a second family who will support you and understand you and if you have any problems, they will try to help you. Everything about this is great if you have the option, take it not many can!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would give more time to certain activities that we enjoyed more.
pro-pic
Saron

Ciee Toulouse summer of 2017

My time abroad in Toulouse was the most life-changing experience. This program allowed me to grow as a person and also helped me better my French language comprehending and communication skills. Besides that, I was able to fully immerse myself in the French culture that I don't get to experience just from a classroom. CIEE does a great job planning activities that help the exchange students immerse themselves in the culture through the "Into the Community", activity is done to help students communicate and ask questions to locals. Although I got a wrong host family placement information until the day before my flight, I am very thankful that I was placed with an amazing family. They were kind and welcoming. They showed me a couple of French medieval cities, which is a great opportunity for me to even learn more about France.

Making sure CIEE sends the right information such as family placement on time.
Timothy

An absolutely amazing experience!

Making the decision to do a year abroad in France has turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. Through this experience, I am not just learning about a culture and its language, I am learning about myself and my abilities to accept and adapt. It has been nothing short of amazing to live these last 5 months in France and I would recommend this program to anyone looking to spend a year abroad.

Grace

A Life Changing Experience

My experience in France made a huge impact on my life. I see the world with a new perspective. Studying abroad has enlarged my world view; it exposed me to the infinite amount of culture and language that is in the world. I lived with an amazing host family who I consider my second family. I encountered challenges as well as fun moments, and those experiences helped me learn and made me a stronger person. My year abroad in France is something I will never forget nor regret.

Madelyn

Best ten months of my life

What more could I say about studying abroad other than, it was the best year of my life without a doubt. When abroad you are faced with so much change, in your environment, language, friends, family, and also in yourself. I left home for France in September of 2015 and I had no idea that my whole life would change. I stepped so far out of my confort zone, and for doing that I was rewarded with the pleasure of meeting new people, whom I would have never known otherwise. The pleasure of trying new foods, which I never would have savored. The pleasure of seeing new places everyday, where I never would have ventured to. In June of 2016 I returned home from home, in those ten months France had become, and will always remain, my home. I am glad I stepped out into the world and I would do it a thousand times over, the question is, what is keeping you from stepping out? Allons-y!

Jackson

Toulouse session 2

I had an amazing visit to Toulouse with CIEE. The trip was extremely affordable after the generous scholarship I was given. I had so much fun on almost every excursion and all the adults associated with the program, I.E. Program leaders, teacher, in country leader, etc. Were all always available when needed and extremely helpful when asked a question. My only complaint was my host family stay was not very enjoyable but that was not CIEE's fault because my host mother was a great mom on paper and a good technical mom she just was not very good at connecting with my roommate and I or just being the most friendly person. But because of that it made the classes and free time AMD excursions so much better even though they were already so much fun. 10/10 would recommend to anyone whether they are looking for a traveling experience or not. Definitely worth it.

The only thing would be to have the program group flights set up so all the students sit together and can be in a group section.