Travel For Teens: Iceland

Get ready to take your travels to the next level as you explore this remote European country that is quickly becoming one of the world's top destinations! Discover breathtaking waterfalls, epic volcanoes, immense glaciers, and some of the most diverse wildlife on the plant. Explore funky Reykjavik, road-trip along the Ring Road, hang out with majestic Icelandic horses and so much more during your travels to Iceland!

Adventure & Culture

Iceland Adventure and Discovery: Join us this summer to find out why Iceland has quickly climbed to the top of every traveller's list! Discover hip cities and breathtaking scenery paired with the perfect amount of adrenaline-pumping activities as you journey off the beaten path on this adventure of a lifetime!

kendra

Iceland Adventure

I went to Iceland in the summer on 2017 and had an amazing experience!! From visiting beautiful waterfalls to playing soccer with locals, the trip was action packed. A few of my favorite memories are horseback riding under the midnight sun and snorkeling between the tectonic plates. The fourth of July happened to fall while we were abroad and our group celebrated by going to a nearby waterfall, eating cake and playing frisbee. Everyone on the trip became super close, which made the vibe even better!! My counselors were great and always looking out for our best interest. I highly recommend this trip if you're looking to see some extraordinary views and immerse yourself in a new culture.

Riley

Amazing Experience!

This was my first time traveling abroad alone without my family. I have always wanted to travel to Iceland. Travel for Teens had a great itinerary and covered all of the most iconic destinations and waterfalls that Iceland has to offer. Along with traveling to all of the best locations they included a variety of super fun activities that I wouldn’t have found out about by myself. Before the trip I was worried about meeting new people and how the counselors would handle the teens and the trip as a whole. The counselors exceeded my expectations they made everything fun and made sure nobody was left out. They always made sure everyone and everything was accounted for. On travel days everything went smoothly, even though one of the teens suitcase was left by the airline in the USA the counselors talked to the airline and made sure he got his bag the next day. They handled everything so well. It was amazing to be able to meet teens from all around the world and to be able to experience a new country with them. It is a trip I will never forget and I am so excited to go on another trip next summer!

Michael

Small Island, Big Adventure!

Traveling is my absolute most favorite thing in the entire world. I discovered my love for travel back in 2014 when I traveled outside of the United States for the first time to China with Travel for Teens. After having an amazing experience there, I have since attended five other trips with the program, one of them being Iceland, most recently, in summer 2017. In late 2016, I was struggling to decide which country to visit with the program, and I ended up landing on Iceland without much prior knowledge of the country. I knew basic geographic facts, but other than that, not much else. When I arrived to the country in July 2017, after a mere one to two days, I knew this island was special. From the spectacular waterfalls cascading down in every direction from some of the most eye-catching mountains I've ever witnessed to incredible sights such as the inside of an active volcanic lava tube, this trip was magnificent - in every sense of the word. Prior to visiting Iceland, I would have never even begun to assume this island had so much to offer, but thanks to Travel for Teens, I was able to change my viewpoint quite drastically. The activities offered are some of the most amazing I have ever participated in, such as hiking into a canyon to see a secret waterfall, snorkeling in the most pristine water on Earth in between two tectonic plates in a massive crack in the earth, and engaging in a unique dining experience known as "Viking Sushi", where you have a chance to eat everything from clams to scallops to sea urchin directly from the sea in the freshest form possible. As expected, the Blue Lagoon was wonderful, and as a side note, we were lucky enough to see an entire rainbow inside the crater of a volcano. If that isn't amazing luck, I don't know what is! Would I recommend this program to anyone who is looking for a destination not nearly as often traveled to as mainland Europe? Yes. It is a one-of-a-kind destination, and Travel for Teens captures the island in all of its best aspects.

Perhaps the only thing that can be improved on this trip would be a single location chosen on the itinerary. For one night, we stayed at a town called Laugarvatn, and it wasn't quite a necessary stop. If Travel for Teens emits this location from the itinerary while still maintaining all other activities listed, they could perhaps incorporate another place previously not offered with the Iceland Adventure trip.

About Travel For Teens

Travel For Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience.

TFT's motto is...