Travel For Teens: Italy

Italy
Italy
wanderlust
wanderlust

Italy has long been considered the country of every traveler's dreams, and TFT will show you why! Our Italy directors have spent years living and working in the country and are sure to provide you with an authentic experience and show you the best the country has to offer! From the rolling hills of Tuscany to the ancient streets of Rome and to the crystal clear shores of the Amalfi Coast, our Italy programs offer something for every traveler! Enjoy your summer in Italy.

Now Hiring: Travelers with Youth/Education Experience!

Are you passionate about inspiring youth? Do you believe experiential education is crucial to growth and development? TFT staff have the unique opportunity to work with teens in incredible countries all around the globe. Our staff have in-depth knowledge of the destinations we visit and are proven role models and leaders. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Check out our site for more details and to submit your application today!

Popular Programs

Discover one of the world's top destinations on the ultimate journey through Italy! Indulge in mouthwatering food, be inspired by world famous art, and experience tranquil villas and charming vineyards. From Venice to the Vatican, and the villages of the Cinque Terre to the beaches of the Amalfi Coast, this ultimate Italian program really does have it all!

Join Travel for Teens on a service program in the Cinque Terre (Italian for "Five Lands"), Rome, Sorrento, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast. The knowledge of our incredible guides - the result of years spent living and studying in the country - allows you to enjoy a safe overseas experience filled with abundant options.

Join Travel for Teens on an incredible program as you cruise through Sorrento and along the Amalfi Coast. The knowledge of our incredible guides - the result of years spent living and studying in the country - allows you to enjoy a safe overseas experience filled with abundant options.

Learn how to make great photos from our expert photography instructor in the most beautiful of settings - all skill levels are welcome!

Joanna

Best summer ever!

For my graduation present last year, I was grateful enough to travel to Italy with TFT! I was a bit nervous about traveling across the world without knowing anyone beforehand, but the staff and my peers were all so friendly and welcoming! Everything about this trip was so FUN, exciting, and very well organized. From the airport designations to the travel itinerary, everything was smooth sailing. There was always something new for us to do/see which was my favorite part of the trip. Although relaxing, it was fulfilling to be kept busy with a new culture to explore. I highly recommend not only the Amalfi trip, but any trip with TFT! They are an extremely trust worthy company and my parents were confident that I was being left in good hands. This trip was hands down one of the best trips I have been on and am excited to be traveling with TFT again soon!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was really nervous about traveling across the world without knowing anyone else beforehand. However, everyone on TFT staff and my peers were all so friendly and welcoming. We all still keep in touch to this day!
Lindsay

Classic Italy

There are so many amazing places in Italy, it seems impossible to see all the famous and breathtaking sights in one trip, right? WRONG! I had always wanted to travel throughout Italy to get a chance to explore both the countryside of Tuscany and the beaches of Cinque Terre, and this trip was the perfect way to do just that. The activities on this trip ranged from a vast variety of making homemade pesto in a local Italian restaurant in Monterosso to climbing up the steep and slanted stairs of the Duomo in Florence. Whether I was hiking along the breathtaking views of the Cinque Terre trails or attempting to take a clever photo holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa, I was never found without a smile on my face. The friendships I made on this trip are still strong to this day, and the memories and experiences were unforgettable.

Ciara

An Amazing Experience

This trip to Italy was such an amazing time. From swimming in the Mediterranean Ocean for the first time, to eating true Italian cuisine, this was such a great trip. I saw and experienced a whole different culture from mine. Modes of transportation, housing and the food were all different from what I was used to. I got to see the magnificent, old ruins of the ancient city Pompeii, and explore the cities of Positano, Amalfi, and Capri. I got to eat true Italian gelatto and make and paint my own ceramics. I loved swimming in the water on the pebble beach looking at the volcano in the distant. I learned more skills on working with peers and in a group to figure out the best way to complete tasks and time management. Also, I met some really cool people! I cannot wait to go back to Italy again one day.

A little more educational experience! I loved the ceramics class we took with a local artist and more of that would be really great.
lily

Amazing!!

Sorrento and Amalfi coast is a really fun fast paced trip! This trip shows you all of Sorrento and the town. You get to experience Italy in a short amount of time. In this trip you get to go on a gorgeous boat ride where the view is unimaginable. You also get to learn about the interesting history of Pompeii and after you’ll be able to roam the streets of Naples!It was such a fun time!!

it can't its perfect
Makenzie

Italy Service and Adventure

This trip gave the opportunities to have the summer of my lifetime! We started out with a week of community service in the gorgeous setting the Cinque Terre. During this week we amounted 20 hours of community service, but still had time to participate in different activities within the different towns. From there the group moved south- from Tuscany to Sorrento, even stopping in Rome for a few days. The itinerary was jammed packed with different planned activities for us to participate in, as well as built in free time for us to have the ability to explore the towns. The counselors were amazing on this trip, making sure that we were safe at all times, while still giving us time to explore on our own! They were pretty cool and it was super easy to talk to them about ANYTHING going on, if anything happened :)

Taleen

One of the best experiences of my life!

I went on the Italy Service and Adventure trip during the Summer of 2018, which was my first trip with Travel for Teens. I can genuinely say that I had some of the best days of my life on this trip! My fellow travelers and I took part in meaningful service activities such as helping maintain a garden at a monastery and renovating an Italian elementary school. After a few days of service, we focused on the adventure portion of the trip! This included visiting historic sites such as Pompeii and taking boat rides up and down the Amalfi Coast. Overall, this trip was both humbling and incredible fun. It was an amazing opportunity for me to experience what Italy is like from a real traveler's point of view, not a tourist's!

The program was very fast paced and did involve some early mornings. It would be great if we could spend more time in each city and have a relaxed day here or there.
Read my full story
Ciara

Eye-opening

For my first time being in Europe, this was an awesome trip to go on to get my feet wet! It was great being able to experience so much culture and history but at the same time never feeling like it was too overwhelming. There was a great balance between adventure and relaxation and eating lots of great food. I loved meeting new people on the trip and learning a new language with them. It was also cool how we got to interact with the locals, being taught in an art class and spending time in town. This trip definitely showed me how many great things there are to see in Italy and I will for sure be going back.

Caroline

Italy Photography

Italy Photography was the best trip I have ever taken!! Not only did we learn so much about how to professionally capture photos, but we also were emerged in the culture. We had a fabulous National Geographic photographer, Simon Bond, who tagged along and he taught us all about the structure and settings of our cameras along with certain photography techniques. Marguax was the other counselor on the trip who was AMAZING. She taught us all the historical background on each city we visited and she showed us how to eat some gelatto!:) If you love pasta and pizza, then you sure are in for a treat! Although we had a full itinerary, the trip was very laid back and the schedule was very flexible. Italy was a breath taking place to visit and being able to really capture moments from the trip was the coolest thing. I HIGHLY recommend Italy Photography.