Travel for Teens: Italy

Travel for Teens: Italy

Italy has long been considered the country of every traveler's dreams, and TFT will show you why! Our Italy directors have spent years living and working in the country and are sure to provide you with an authentic experience and show you the best the country has to offer! From the rolling hills of Tuscany to the ancient streets of Rome and to the crystal clear shores of the Amalfi Coast, our Italy programs offer something for every traveler!

Adventure & Culture

Ciao Italy: For Younger Teens: Immerse yourself in "la bella vita" this summer on our program designed especially for younger teens who want to discover the best of Italy!

Greece and Italy: Experience the best of the Mediterranean on our Greece and Italy program this summer! Step back in history as you discover the sites where Western civilisation began and be mesmerized by the beauty and culture of these two amazing countries.

Discover Europe : Let us show you the best of Italy, Spain, and France on this amazing program that will take you to some of the most beloved parts of Europe!

Classic Italy: Get a taste for the best Italy has to offer while you visit all of the countries highlights!

Switzerland, France and Italy Alpine Adventure: This program combines the best of outdoor activities like hiking, mountain biking, and canyoning with the rich history and cultures of France, Switzerland and Italy, all in the most beautiful setting imaginable.

Europe for Older Teens: Amsterdam, Munich, Swiss Alps and Venice: This European program is designed specifically for older teens who want to travel to Amsterdam, Munich, the Swiss Alps, and Venice.

Europe for Older Teens: Florence, Cinque Terre, Switzerland and Paris: This European program is designed specifically for older teens who want to explore Florence, Cinque Terre, the Swiss Alps, and Paris.

Europe for Older Teens: Greece and Italy: Discover the breathtaking beauty and unique cultures of Greece and Italy on this program designed just for older teens! Step back in time in Rome and Athens, cruise the Amalfi Coast, and fall in love with the people and culture of the Mediterranean.

Europe for Older Teens: Greece, Italy and the Islands: Explore the beauty of the Mediterranean and its unique cultures as you travel through Greece and Italy. Uncover ancient history, interact with locals, and hop between some of the world's most spectacular islands on this amazing program designed especially for older teens!

Ultimate Europe 1: Prepare yourself for the ultimate European adventure as you explore nine different countries this summer! Immerse yourself in the exciting cultures of every destination and learn to live like a local while travelling like a pro!

Ultimate Europe 2: Join us on the ultimate 21 day version of our 30 day program to experience the unique cultures of six amazing European countries!

Sorrento and Amalfi Coast: Join Travel for Teens on an incredible program as you cruise through Sorrento and along the Amalfi Coast. The knowledge of our incredible guides - the result of years spent living and studying in the country - allows you to enjoy a safe overseas experience filled with abundant options.

Service, Adventure & Culture

Italy Service and Adventure: Cinque Terre, Rome and Sorrento: Join Travel for Teens on a service program in the Cinque Terre (Italian for "Five Lands"), Rome, Sorrento, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast. The knowledge of our incredible guides - the result of years spent living and studying in the country - allows you to enjoy a safe overseas experience filled with abundant options.

Greece and Italy Service: Island Service and Italian Adventure: Join us on a one-of-a-kind program as we travel to the island paradise of Corfu where we will participate in a variety of volunteer projects. Give back to the community while also experiencing Greek island life, enjoying the laid-back lifestyle on the Amalfi Coast, and discovering ancient history in Rome and Pompeii.

Rome and Sicily Service: Live with an Italian host family while you immerse yourself in the country's culture and participate in meaningful service projects.

Photography & Culture

Italy Photography: Learn how to make great photos from our expert photography instructor in the most beautiful of settings - all skill levels are welcome!

Europe » Italy

Liza
Webster, SD, USA

ITaly Service and Adventure

Fantastic trip. Got to visit some of the most beautiful place in Europe. Hiking in Cinque Terre was one the most memorable and inspiring things I have ever done. Learn so much about the Italian history and culture. Got to try some of the best food of my life. Counselor and trip director went out of their way to make the trip fun, safe, and that everyone hand a awesome time. A great way to travel as a teenager and meet new people. Would definitely recommend to anybody looking to experience new culture and exploring different countries.

I had a great time, but I would have like to spent more time in Rome. Was sad to leave.

Lily
Virginia

Amazing italy

Classic Italy was my first travel for teen trip I ever went on and i’m so glad it was. During your trip to italy you get to see all the iconic places and things there. Every place you went was like a new experience mostly when your traveling with friends. The trip had everything in it from seeing the colosseum to hiking. Every place we went the consolers knew everything about it. The consolers also did such a great job of getting us everywhere mostly in such big places. Italy is know for great pasta so we got to learn how to make pasta. We even got to went to a amazing winery where the view was phenomenal and pasta was delicious. Classic Italy made me realize my love for traveling and after this trip I knew I wanted to do more!

Kara
London
University of East London

Incredible Adventure!!!

This trip was one of a kind and I truly loved exploring Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. There was amazing culture at every stop we went to. We had a non stop itinerary but I never felt busy or that I was rushing anything. The leaders were astonishingly good at their jobs where we never needed to have tour guides because they already knew the information. I would definitely recommend this to any teenage traveller at any level of travel experience. It was a wonderful first experience of Italy!

There were some misconceptions I had going into it but they also surprised the leader so I think it was something that had gone wrong last minute.

Alexa
Newton, MA

Italy Photography: Tuscany and Venice

From beginning to end, this was the trip of a lifetime. Everyday was a new adventure: a new sight to see, a new story to hear, a new scene to photograph. Being a photography trip, we had a different photography assignment every day, from portraits to street photography, to only being able to shoot vertical shots. Constantly having my camera in my hand as we wandered the beautiful cities made me look at them from a different perspective, always on the lookout for the perfect shot. I left this trip with an abundance of amazing photographs, but I also left with the knowledge of how to look at things with different perspectives before judging its worth. One of our assignments in Venice was to shoot whatever we wanted, but after we took that picture, we had to turn around 180 degrees and take a picture of whatever was there. Sometimes it was just the bricks of a wall. But other times, the scene behind you was just as beautiful, if not more, than the one in the original shot. Many of my best pictures were from this day, and many of them were of the scene behind me. This assignment made me think about all the moments that happen right behind me everyday and if I take a minute look around, I will see so many new perspectives. So thank you TFT for opening my eyes, advancing my photography skills, introducing me to amazing friends, and creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Sophie
St. Louis

Italy Service and Adventure 2016

Throughout my 13 days in Italy, I was constantly feeling rewarded by our service. The locals were so kind and grateful, and the service only made them more enthusiastic to connect with us! Though working was fun, my favorite part of this trip was 'Boat Day'. We spent the day sailing the Amalfi Coast, jumping out and swimming along the way. I am so glad I had this overseas experience, and I'm so glad I spent my time with TFT!!

James
Baton Rouge, LA

Outstanding !

I have been to 26 countries , Half of them with Uncle Sam's dime USN Ret. and a lot on my own. none of them were guided tours. TFT was my first guided garden tour with travel for teens and I have to say Ned did an outstanding job ! I enjoyed giving a few tips on photography and picked up a few new tips from Ned. I would be happy to go anywhere in the world with this crew!
James E Johnson BMC USN Ret.

Samantha
St. Cloud, Florida

Best trip ever!

This trip was absolutely amazing from start to finish! Everything exceeded my expectations and my Italian dreams came true! I definitely recommend teens and parents and faculty to go on a Travel for Teens trip because they're going to have the time of their life! I was in awe of everywhere we went and I could have not asked to see more since the main points were covered. I loved going on the gondola in Venice and visiting a vineyard in Tuscany. Each city had its own atmosphere and environment so it was a joy experiencing each culture. Siena was very different than what I expected but it was overall a beautiful and history filled city. I'm so thankful to come from an Italian culture and to have taken three years of the language because I got to translate and talk to the locals.

Better organization with airplane tickets. Some reservations went all the way through to the destination but some stopped at a connecting flight which caused a few issues.

Valerie
Franklin, Tennessee

A Home Away From Home

The sun, radiating down on an elderly woman and glistening off of her pale blue eyes, showed a glimpse of her appreciation for volunteers. She was a local, watching the Travel for Teens Sicily participants work for the Biancavilla community. Our hard work was rewarded with soft smiles from elders and laughs from children. The locals spoke limited English; however, their facial expressions transcended language barriers and were more meaningful than words.

As a member of the TFT team during the summer of 2015, I spent two weeks living with a Sicilian family. I assisted with many aspects of running the families facility, from farming and household projects, to a cultural exchange of ideas and knowledge.

After cleaning out an abandoned tool shed to use as a donkey barn, or picking pappleechaes off 300 plus trees, the true result of service was not the work itself; instead, it was how the work affected the feelings of others.

Travel for Teens Sicily allowed my desire to help others prosper through the service work, my drive to explore soar through the excursions to Taormina, Catania, and Syracuse, and my personal connection to the world to click through my hike up Mt. Etna.

The Travel for Teens Sicily program successfully immerses participants into the Sicilian culture while educating them on service skills. These skills are acquired through various activities such as gardening, cooking, cleaning, property development, and assisting local individuals.

During my participation in the summer of 2015, although the service activities were well coordinated throughout the trip between field trips to cities, beaches, and other tourist sites, there tended to be an a lot of free time after the community work.

At times it felt that my companions and I completed projects with such dedication that we ended early. This free time was given to us to relax, prepare for the next activity, or contact friends/family; however, as the trip progressed, this time felt as if it began to pile up. During that free time, I occasionally wandered throughout the property looking for things to do to, hoping to further contribute to assisting the local family.

In order for this program to be improved, I would recommend having more activities available for the program participants either on or off the host family property. These activities could include exploring the local community, interacting with neighbors, or participating in more service activities.

Ruby
Panama
Truman State University

Travel for... A Life Changing Experience!

I first found this company when I was 17 years old. I went on my first trip to Italy with them and it was a life changing experience! It was clear from the first day that the gudies not only knew tons about this beautiful country, but that they really cared about the culture and place as well. The tours of the museums and monuments were engaging, accessable, and fun! Most days we would spend walking through the beautiful cobblestone streets from our always centrally located hotels to that day's activity. The trips found a good balance between educational activities such as museums and monuments and chill activities like swimming, shopping, and gelato eating!

I feel so lucky to have found this company. I have heard others stories of touristy bus trips that drive you to monuments and pile students into chain or cafeteria style restuants and stay in huge hotels far away from the town centers, and that thought makes me shudder when I think of the intimate first experience of Italy with Travel for Teens. I left Italy feeling completely satisfied with my experience, but wishing that the trip would just go on forever! I would HIGHLY reccomend these tours for any teen!

I know that no program is perfect, but I wouldn't want to change anything about my experience!

Devon
Thornwood, Ny

My Time in Italy

I had so much fun during my time in Italy. The experience was unforgettable and I made a lot of great friends that I still keep in contact with today. The counselors where wonderful, I always felt safe and never unhappy. There was never a dull day on the trip and every hour of the day was filled with activities.

Travel for Teens is a program provider that believes that teen travel should be both enriching and fun. TFT offers a full range of travel experiences that teens can choose from to create their own ideal international experience.

TFT's motto is "Teaching teens to be