GoBeyond India: Tibetan Village Experience

GoBeyond Student Travel - Adventure service journeys in India
GoBeyond Student Travel - Adventure service journeys in India

Spend three weeks living and learning within the Tibetan refugee population of Dharamsala. You’ll be paired up with a Tibetan mutual learning partner (MLP) who will share firsthand knowledge of what life is really like on the fringe of civilization. It’s the most intimate exchange program there is trading stories and experiences while aiding the Lha Charitable Trust in providing meaningful social and educational services to the people of Tibet. You’ll also experience the sights and sounds of New Delhi, India’s fast-paced capital city, and to Agra, to admire the Taj Mahal.

• Work One-On-One With Your Tibetan Mutual Learning Partner
  • Visit The Taj Mahal & Golden Temple
  • Tibetan Culture Classes In Dharamsala

Valentin

GoBeyond India trip

During the Tibetan Village experience I learned a lot about about Buddhist philosophy as well as immersed myself in a new culture. I'm definitely proud of the service we did as well as teaching English to Tibetans mutual partners. Even though at times it was difficult to express our selves in English in a way they understood it was fun and interesting to help them learn and improve their English. We also learned a lot about how they came to live in their situation and how they enjoy life. Furthermore, it was extremely lovely to be able to visit the Taj Mahal and other iconic monuments. Overall I extremely recommend this service trip to those interested in learning more about Tibet and the culture as well as practice educating English to them.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment was meeting new people and visiting a foreign country that I had never visited before. Meeting Rabsel was a delight he was super kind and funny and was great to have him with us as he originally came from Tibet as well.