Students have a unique opportunity to focus on drawing, painting, photography and new media alongside practicing visual artists in a focused and intimate studio environment during this 25-day program. Art on the Farm is designed to yield a more inquisitive approach to making art and foster a deep curiosity for the world. We encourage personal expression and emphasize the creative process to create a meaningful exchange. We believe that engagement with the visual arts provides intellectual and creative enrichment and simultaneously builds confidence and trust in one’s ideas. Our students come from diverse backgrounds; some have a lot of experience and plan to pursue a career in the arts, while others arrive with very little experience in the art room but are dedicated to improving their artistic abilities. The qualities our students share are a desire to explore Ireland’s stunning landscapes and cities, engage with a new culture and make art under the guidance of experienced artists.
- Intensive workshops in drawing, painting, photography and new media
- Brief led projects: you will develop specific skills while exploring your chosen subject matter in your area of concentration
- Trips to Dublin and the west of Ireland provide inspiration and artistic, cultural and historical context
- Develop your own personal project under the individual guidance of one of our artists
- Group critiques providing valuable feedback as you refine your work
2021 Dates Announced
Cow House Studios Gap & Summer Scholarships
Cow House Studios offer several scholarship opportunities for both our summer program Art on the Farm and our gap year program FieldWorks. All scholarship applicants must submit a portfolio that demonstrates an advanced practice. We assess student portfolios by determining how the realization of completed artworks reflects a young artist’s curiosities, concerns, experience, and research. You can read more about these opportunities and the application process on our website.