AFS Study Abroad Global Prep Program in Ireland

Summer Global Prep: This two-week program is designed for students who want to get a flavor of Ireland by immersing themselves directly into the local culture. Explore the castles, caves and cottages of Ireland’s breathtaking County Donegal. As the home of countless poets and surfing fanatics alike, the western coast has something for everyone. Through AFS, your group can experience Irish culture through outdoor adventure trips, community service work alongside local peers, and challenging and interactive workshops on contemporary topics surrounding global conflict resolution.

Mary Elise

Adventure Awaits in Ireland

I traveled through AFS-USA to Ireland for the summer. We lived in an International Youth Hostel where teenagers from all over the world were staying. We were able to socailize with them in the mornings and at night. Every night was filled with games or activities. One of my favorite activities we did was crab fishing and racing! It was so much fun just to talk with the teens from different counties. This trip was the best time of my life and I would love to travel back in the near future!

I would want to stay longer! Two weeks is not enough time at the Donegal Adventure Center. I think staying for a month would really let participants embrace the time they had.

About AFS-USA

AFS-USA (formerly the American Field Service), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is a leader in intercultural learning and offers international exchange programs in more than 40 countries around the world through independent, nonprofit AFS...