By Greenheart Travel   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Teen Summer Language Camp in Japan

By Greenheart Travel   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Learn and improve your Japanese skills through full language and cultural immersion at Greenheart Travel’s summer language camp, in Fukuoka, Japan!

We welcome teen students of all skills, including beginners, and you will not only be immersed in a new culture, but you’ll make international friends from around the world.

Course Details:

- No previous Japanese language experience required
- 20 hours of class a week (4 core classes per day in 2 hour blocks)
- Daily cultural and historical excursions
- Accommodation with local Japanese family allows for full immersion

Aden
Oakland,California

My Learning Experience in Fukuoka

Overall

This was a very valuable experience for me not just because my Japanese language skills increased a lot, but also because I began to learn how to "adult"; namely, how to properly manage my existing amount of money that I had. My hosts were very welcoming and tolerant of my linguistic mistakes ( I made many ^^). This past summer was probably the best in my life, and I am thankful to my parents, my hosts, Greenheart, and the friends that I made overseas.

Dakota
Kaneohe

My Experience in Japan

Overall

I really enjoyed going to Japan with the Greenheart Travel program. I've always wanted to go to Japan ever since I started getting into anime as well as learning the Japanese language at my school. Through the Greenheart Travel program, I was able to experience new things that I wouldn't have the opportunity to experience. I met many new people from all over world, not just the United States, but from Turkey, Taiwan, China, Australia, etc. We still keep in touch till today!

The highlight of my trip to Japan was being able to learn the Japanese language a lot more than I did in my school's Japanese class. For example, my teacher at my school told me to use "Anata" as "you", but when I said it to my teacher in Japan, she said that it was an informal use of "you" and that there are others ways of saying you in different sentences. I wouldn't have learned this in my school in Hawaii. Being able to learn a language where its the primary language of the country is a totally different experience than learning it at home.

Another highlight of my trip to Japan was being able to go to different places to truly understand the culture, the people, and it's history. I was able to explore different places that I normally wouldn't have visited. Such as an onsen, shrines, temples, and other places of interests. I also became very comfortable using public transportation whereas at home, I never even caught the bus.

Overall, I truly enjoyed my time and experience in Japan. I would recommend this program for anyone interested in learning a country's culture and it's language.

The only thing that I wish that the program could improve on is how the students get to school on the first day. I had a difficult time trying to find my way to school even though they gave me a google map printout of where I needed to go. I wish there was a guide on how to take the subway , bus, or the JR line at least on the first day. I was fortunate enough to meet a kind lady who was able to speak english to help me arrive at school on time by helping me get ticket for the subway. However, had I not met her, my first day might have been tainted negatively and not have been a very positive experience.

Greenheart Travel is excited to provide authentic cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world. Our programs include volunteer opportunities, short and long term teaching contracts and work and internship positions abroad. We also offer TEFL certification, high school study abroad programs and teen summer language camp courses. Our mission is to change lives, advance careers and create leaders through meaningful travel experiences.

Teach English Abroad | Volunteer Abroad | High School Study Abroad | TEFL Courses | Teen Language Camps | Work Abroad