1 - 6 Week Teen Summer Japanese Language Camp in Fukuoka, Japan with Greenheart Travel

Learn and improve your Japanese skills through full language and cultural immersion on Greenheart Travel’s summer language camp program, in Fukuoka, Japan!

We welcome teen students of all skills, including beginners! Live with a Japanese host family and make international friends from around the world, all while perfecting your Japanese language skills.

Program-at-a-Glance:
- No previous Japanese language experience required
- 20 hours of class a week (4 core classes per day in 2 hour blocks)
- Daily cultural and historical excursions
- Accommodation with local Japanese host family allows for full immersion
- Camp located in downtown Fukuoka, a beautiful, city in southwestern Japan

Program Prices:
- 1 Week: $1,480
-2 Weeks: $2,250
-3 Weeks: $2,930
-4 Weeks: $3,600
-5 Weeks: $4,280
-6 Weeks: $4,950

Now accepting applications for summer 2018 programs starting in May!

• 20 hours of language classes per week
  • Medical Insurance and 24/7 Emergency Contact Support
  • Assistance from a personal program manager before, during and after your program
  • 2 meals per day (Breakfast & Dinner) included in the program
  • Be eligible to apply without having to meet any language requirements
Asia » Japan » Fukuoka
Asia » Japan
Inclusions
Some Activities
Some Meals
Japanese
Program includes:
20 hours of language classes per week
Accommodation with local host family
Airport pickup and drop off to/from Fukuoka Airport
2 meals per day (Breakfast & Dinner)
Daily cultural excursions & activities
Weekend excursion to beach or nearby cities
Medical and accident insurance
24-hour emergency assistance
Local Coordinator contact
Pre-Departure orientation with Greenheart Travel
Arrival orientation in Japan
Language level placement test

If you are applying early enough, you would be able to discuss a payment plan with your program manager as long as the fee is paid in full before you depart on your program.

Eden

Amazing time

I had a great time even though I only stayed for two weeks I felt this was a good length for me as as much as i didn't want to leave and now want to go back I missed my boyfriend a lot. The trip helped me to become more confident as it forced me to deal with my problems and anxiety head on rather than getting worked up and relying on other people. As i was only there for a short time I didn't experience much culture shock either way but it did impact my life in terms of my Japanese and ability to remember vocab and rules etc improved greatly as the school i was at's teaching methods were incredibly good and intense but in a fun way. It's also given me experiences and proof of enjoyment and self motivation in the subject to include in any personal statements or CVs when applying for uni/college. My favorite memory, or the one that comes to mind first, despite all the amazing things i did was when i first landed at the airport i looked out the window and saw fireworks exploding in the near distance and it made me laugh after the 13+ hour flight and the years of wanting to go to Japan - im finally here and there's firworks going off its almost too fitting, like a movie.

the only issue I had was I was constantly told and reminded in the orientation and leaflets etc to keep my room tidy and be quiet by 9pm especially if there were kids (which there were) and I tried so hard to keep tidy but the kids would just take things off my desk and put them on the floor... yeah and then also the kids didn't go to bed until like 10:30pm which was also a bit of a pain seeing I was really jetlagged and just wanted to sleep but they kept coming in my room. it was only a mild inconvenience as overall i feel like i was extremely lucky and got the nicest most understanding and caring family in japan who took me loads of places and gave me lunch and payed for everything even when I offered but maybe one way it could be improved is to send tell the family the rules the students are given as well so that if i have the money to go again i can get to sleep easier :')

Aden
Oakland,California

My Learning Experience in Fukuoka

This was a very valuable experience for me not just because my Japanese language skills increased a lot, but also because I began to learn how to "adult"; namely, how to properly manage my existing amount of money that I had. My hosts were very welcoming and tolerant of my linguistic mistakes ( I made many ^^). This past summer was probably the best in my life, and I am thankful to my parents, my hosts, Greenheart, and the friends that I made overseas.

Dakota
Kaneohe

My Experience in Japan

I really enjoyed going to Japan with the Greenheart Travel program. I've always wanted to go to Japan ever since I started getting into anime as well as learning the Japanese language at my school. Through the Greenheart Travel program, I was able to experience new things that I wouldn't have the opportunity to experience. I met many new people from all over world, not just the United States, but from Turkey, Taiwan, China, Australia, etc. We still keep in touch till today!

The highlight of my trip to Japan was being able to learn the Japanese language a lot more than I did in my school's Japanese class. For example, my teacher at my school told me to use "Anata" as "you", but when I said it to my teacher in Japan, she said that it was an informal use of "you" and that there are others ways of saying you in different sentences. I wouldn't have learned this in my school in Hawaii. Being able to learn a language where its the primary language of the country is a totally different experience than learning it at home.

Another highlight of my trip to Japan was being able to go to different places to truly understand the culture, the people, and it's history. I was able to explore different places that I normally wouldn't have visited. Such as an onsen, shrines, temples, and other places of interests. I also became very comfortable using public transportation whereas at home, I never even caught the bus.

Overall, I truly enjoyed my time and experience in Japan. I would recommend this program for anyone interested in learning a country's culture and it's language.

The only thing that I wish that the program could improve on is how the students get to school on the first day. I had a difficult time trying to find my way to school even though they gave me a google map printout of where I needed to go. I wish there was a guide on how to take the subway , bus, or the JR line at least on the first day. I was fortunate enough to meet a kind lady who was able to speak english to help me arrive at school on time by helping me get ticket for the subway. However, had I not met her, my first day might have been tainted negatively and not have been a very positive experience.

Greenheart Travel is excited to provide authentic cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world. Our programs include volunteer opportunities, short and long term teaching contracts and work and internship positions abroad. We also offer TEFL certification, high school study