This two-week summer program is designed for students who want to get a flavor of Kenya by immersing themselves directly into the local culture. With a focus on Wildlife Conservation, you will have the opportunity to understand the issues, hear from leaders on how to innovate, and experience wildlife firsthand. Participate in a unique leadership-training course alongside cultural exploration activities. You will live with a host family for the duration of Global Prep in Kenya. By spending time with your family in the evenings and on weekends, you will have the opportunity to further improve your language learning and learn about local cultures. This immersion offers a unique way to skyrocket your learning by placing it in immediate context. Your learning will not be limited to books, but rather will be a part of every aspect of your life throughout your two weeks in Kenya.
- Explore national parks and visit wildlife reservations
- Tour bustling urban centers such as downtown Nairobi
- Stay with a host family for a few days and experience warm Kenyan hospitality
- Meet with members of the semi-nomadic Maasai tribe
- Visit an orphanage and join in fun, cultural activities with local children
AFS-USA Grants & Scholarships
The opportunity to study abroad should be available to everyone, regardless of their financial means. Annually, we award scholarships to about half of our study abroad students.