This is the most immersive and spectacular South American program you will find. The Ecuador and Galapagos volunteer trip begins in Quito followed by an exploration of the Andean peaks, and the high altitude mountain town of Otavalo. After the first 6 days of in-country orientation, participants engage in community service and cultural exchange in the western lowlands in the most friendly and welcoming community you can imagine.
You and a friend will stay with a local host family to give you the full immersion experience of living abroad. Volunteers practice their Spanish by working and playing with the members of their host community.
You celebrate all you've accomplished during the final travel in the glorious Galapagos Islands. This awe-inspiring center of bio-diversity is heavenly. From snorkeling with turtles and sea lions to witnessing the blue-footed booby! Join us!
- OUR MODEL: Our hallmark model includes meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: Students receive a certificate for 50 to 80 community service hours.
- LEARNING GOALS: Spanish, construction, leadership, outdoor skills
- GROUP SIZ: 9-18 students; 2 U.S. leaders; 2 Ecuadorian Staff
- DATES: June 25, 2020 – July 30, 2020