Global Routes | Ecuador

Global Routes Galapagos
Global Routes Worksite
Global Routes Worksite
Global Routes Ecuador

This is the most immersive and spectacular South American program you will find. The Ecuador and Galapagos volunteer trip begins in Quito followed by an exploration of the Andean peaks, and the high altitude mountain town of Otavalo. After the first 6 days of in-country orientation, participants engage in community service and cultural exchange in the western lowlands in the most friendly and welcoming community you can imagine.

You and a friend will stay with a local host family to give you the full immersion experience of living abroad. Volunteers practice their Spanish by working and playing with the members of their host community.

You celebrate all you've accomplished during the final travel in the glorious Galapagos Islands. This awe-inspiring center of bio-diversity is heavenly. From snorkeling with turtles and sea lions to witnessing the blue-footed booby! Join us!

• OUR MODEL: Our hallmark model includes meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
  • COMMUNITY SERVICE: Students receive a certificate for 50 to 80 community service hours.
  • LEARNING GOALS: Spanish, construction, leadership, outdoor skills
  • GROUP SIZ: 9-18 students; 2 U.S. leaders; 2 Ecuadorian Staff
  • DATES: June 25, 2020 – July 30, 2020

Financial Aid Available

On average, Global Routes is in the position to offer between 10-50% of our High School Summer Program fee to qualified and selected applicants. To apply for financial aid, please complete our brief application.

Liza

Ecuador & The Galapagos

Global Routes was such a life-changing experience. It changed my perspective on the way I see the world and the people in it -- I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything! Traveling with Global Routes gave me an opportunity to learn and grow, while feeling 100% safe and supported. My Ecuador & Galapagos trip has not only spurred my love of travel, culture, and adventure but has gifted me with some of my dearest, lifelong friends. Global Routes is the way to go!

Encourage Global Routes Alumni to stay involved with the program!
Hilary

Amazing experience, opportunity for personal growth

My Global Routes trip to Ecuador had a very big impact on me. Not only did the trip help me improve my Spanish and provide a great cultural exchange & community service experience, but it also gave me more confidence and independence. I went on the program the summer before I went to college, and the confidence I gained on my Global Routes trip helped me a lot during that transition. Part of the reason why my trip was so successful was that my leaders were awesome. They were fun, supportive, and led great group discussions and activities. I still think back to my trip with fond memories-- it was a very positive and formative experience. I would absolutely recommend the program!

Julia

Amazing experience, so grateful!

I would definitely recommend Global Routes to anyone looking to go abroad for the summer. Before I went, I looked into a TON of programs, and decided that Global Routes was the best option, and I'm happy to say that it exceeded my expectations. My homestay family was kind, warm, welcoming, and accommodating, my leaders were fantastic, and the places we visited were amazing. The program enabled me to have an authentic experience while feeling very safe and supported. I have wanted to go back to Ecuador since the day I got home. Global Routes definitely knows what they are doing!

Amelia

Life Changing

I had the time of my life in Ecuador. I talk about my trip every single day and think about it constantly. I still see my friends that I made there and they are some of my closest friends. It was life changing and I will never forget the experience I had during my four weeks. I wish I could go back every day.

Cuycuy

Best Decision of My Life

I would totally recommend Global Routes to a friend because the experience abroad is life changing. I am so glad that I made the bold move to go to Ecuador. I experienced things that I have never experienced before and probably will not experience them again, such as eating guinea pig and teaching english in the local school. Our days started off in the field, where we constructed bleachers and a bathroom at the communal soccer field. Some of us would then help at the school or help out at home, allowing us all to have different experiences. This trip to Ecuador honestly changed the way I view the world, and I am very thankful for that.

Staff Interviews

About Global Routes

Be more than a traveler with Global Routes. Global Routes seeks to foster personal development in our students through cross-cultural experiences that encourage them to step outside of their boundaries and open their hearts and minds to new and...