• Mexico
2 - 4 weeks

Program Details

Pricing

You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE! Our high-quality programs include tuition, housing, on-site airport pick-up, field trips and cultural activities, 24/7 on-site professional staff, and automatic iNext insurance.

Scholarship opportunities are available for high school summer programs.

There are no hidden charges or surprises when you arrive!
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Travel Insurance
Oct 06, 2021
May 31, 2018
3 travelers are looking at this program

Live, learn, and explore in one of the safest and most beautiful cities in Mexico. Visit ancient Mayan ruins and amazing geological formations and discover so much more. Take a stroll to find Spanish colonial buildings painted in a rainbow of bright colors. Eat at marketplaces that sell exotic fruits and delicious Mexican favorites. Most importantly, brush up on your Spanish conversational and bargaining skills by purchasing authentic handicrafts.

So kick back, relax and enjoy a champola when you're not studying in one of the two amazing programs we have in store for the summer!

This program is currently not being promoted on Go Overseas by its provider. Check with CIEE Global Navigator for the most up-to-date information regarding the status of this program.

Program Highlights

• Birdwatch in Celestún Wildlife Refuge, home to mangroves and countless pink flamingos
  • Venture to Campeche, an ancient Mayan city
  • Gain a certificate of learning in to use in your resume
  • Explore the ruins of Chichén Itzá and discover amazing geological formations like the sacred cenote Sacamucuy and then swim in its crystal-clear waters
  • 24/7 Support from your CIEE program leader and in-country CIEE staff members

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Tiffany

First Time In Mexico!

Participating in CIEE HS Abroad was my first time ever out of the country, on an airplane, and traveling alone. I put 100% of my trust into a program had I just learned about and I have no regrets or complaints. Everything about the program from applying, to the online course, the unexpected yet expected emails, and to finally the trip itself plus all of the preparation leading up to it. It will always be a trip I will always vividly remember because of the staff, the program itself, and the unforgettable eyeopening and learning experience it gave me. I'll always reminisce the short three weeks and will always be grateful for the experience!

Possibly interacting with exclusively our groups before the trip.
Emma

New Experiences

When I first signed up for this program, I was nervous about it because I had never traveled out of the country by myself, and I had never been away from home for a month. Taking the leap to fly to Mexico with a group of other teens from around the states was the best choice that I have ever made, and I have no regrets. I grew so close to the other students that traveled with me, and I advanced my Spanish more than I could have in any class in the states. My host family took me in like I was part of their own, and I even grew close with my friend's host family. After doing this program I feel like I have a wider, clearer view of the world as a whole, and I am inspired to try more new things and travel at every chance that I get. The main tip that I could give to anyone considering doing this program is: take the leap, you will not regret it.

More games.
Naomi

Enriching

In every aspect, my life was enriched due to this program and trip. I gained a better understanding of a language that is in my DNA, met life-long friends, and experienced true independence and responsibility. The classes were beneficial, from in classroom to real world experience, and the excursions were amazing. A program I would, and do recommend to my fellow classmates. The trips couldn't have been any longer because each excursion was so fun. I also appreciated the first day aid and awareness over potential homesickness to come in the trip. They ensured that we knew what to do in instances such as that.

It could try harder to put students in the programs they listed they were interested in.
Samantha

My Guanajuato Experience

My experience traveling to Guanajuato, Mexico with CIEE was truly extraordinary- so much so that I convinced many of my friends to travel with CIEE and they all had incredible experiences as well. I still regularly speak with my host family, who are some of the most amazing people I have met in my life. Last summer, 2 years after my month in Guanajuato, one of my friends I met there came and stayed at my house for week (just to give you an understanding of the friendships made on the trip). I always felt completely safe, the teachers, program leaders, and families are inexplicably kind and welcoming and make a seemingly scary experience so worthwhile. At the age of 16 I was able to say I’d traveled to the ancient pyramids of Teotihuacan, walked around the home of Frida Kahlo, and practiced my Spanish with average citizens on the streets of beautiful Guanajuato. I cannot emphasize enough how incredible this experience was, both in improving my Spanish and my character overall. I strongly, strongly recommend this program to everyone!

My only complaint was that I didn’t get to stay there longer! But I could have chosen a different time frame had I known how incredible the experience would be. Another small suggestion would be to work out some of the kinks with the cell phones we are given because mine never worked.
Response from CIEE Global Navigator

Hi Samantha, thank you for your review. We’re so glad that you enjoyed your summer program with us! Your feedback is very important and helps us improve our students’ experiences abroad. We’re sorry to hear you had technical issues with your phone. We encourage anyone experiencing technical difficulties to let the staff know so that it can be addressed as quickly as possible.