View Other Details
Scholarship opportunities are available for high school summer programs.
There are no hidden charges or surprises when you arrive!
Channel your inner Indiana Jones as you hike to remote pre-Arab villages, explore natural caves, kayak on Morocco's largest river or ride a camel. Definitely one of the hidden gems, you will marvel at snake charmers and artisan crafts in Marrakesh’s bustling Jemaa el-Fnaa square, attend an interactive session with locals in the winding souks of the old medina, and visit the village of Ourika for hiking. Whether you decide to go to Rabat or Mohammedia, you will discover a kaleidoscope of cultures while living, serving, and mentoring in a friendly Moroccan community.
Living with a homestay family, you’ll get a warm welcome and a rare glimpse of Moroccan traditions. Together you’ll shop, prepare meals, and gather around the family table. In your free time, you can dabble in Moroccan pottery and play soccer, ping pong, or volleyball at the city beach.
- Get glammed up for a Moroccan party with traditional dress, dance, and henna art.
- Visit the Hassan II Mosque, one of the tallest minarets in the world and the only mosque in Morocco open to visitors
- Gain a certificate of learning in to use in your resume
- Rock the Kasbah L’Oudaya, tour the Museum of Modern Art and Archaeology, visit the old medina, Roman ruins and Chellah Gardens overlooking the ancient royal cemetery
- 24/7 Support from your CIEE program leader and in-country CIEE staff members