STRIVE has been called “the world’s coolest running camp” but it’s really so much more. Yes, you’ll spend 3 weeks training at altitude in the majestic Andes Mountains, but you’ll also learn how to serve a community, order a smoothie in Spanish, and pace yourself on a hike up to 15,000 ft. Cap it off with one of the new 7-Wonders: Machu Picchu!
In Peru’s Sacred Valley, STRIVE student-athletes will enjoy settling into their Andes lodging in the colorful town of Pisaq. Located at over 9000 ft. (3000m) above sea level and about 40 minutes down the mountain from the ancient city of Cusco, Pisaq is best known for its Sunday market and giant Inca fortress towering on the hill overlooking town. With imposing (sometimes snow-capped) mountains in every direction, patch-work fields rimmed by vast 500-year-old terracing, and a night sky you have to see to believe, it’s easy to lose track of time as you take in the beautiful views.
- Learn from your leaders and trip-mates – about service and how we can serve others well, about how to improve as an athlete (whatever your level), about how to find your way up a 14,000 ft mountain, or even how to nail the perfect llama-selfie.
- Be more than a tourist as you settle into life in the Andes, get to know the spectacular town of Pisac, and befriend people around town (especially those that serve breakfast)
- Explore the Sacred Valley by foot (if you’re a runner) on dozens of miles of beautiful dirt roads along the Urubamba River, push your limits at the gym, or take on some Peruvians in soccer or basketball.
- Take a plunge into the natural thermal hot springs of Lares, nestled into the cloud forest tucked away behind the mountains, for some recharging and relaxation.
- Marvel at the sunrise over Machu Picchu – there’s a reason it’s been dubbed one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Let the memory sink in and share it with the new friends you’ve made.