OneSeed Innovation Labs are 2-week, international summer learning experiences for high school students entering their junior or senior year. OneSeed Labs are designed to immerse students in the unfamiliar and to encourage them to think critically about the world around them. Students will learn concepts in entrepreneurship, social impact, the basics of design thinking, and product design before implementing their very own small business idea. Students will discover real-world challenges during a three night homestay in the Umasbamba and two day trekking experience from Chinchero to Huchuy Qosqo. Then, they will experience the famed ruins of Machu Picchu before heading back to Cusco to design and implement their own real-world solution. Along the way, the students will be exposed to concepts in design thinking, cross-cultural collaboration, and active listening to hone their skills in leadership, creativity, and relationship building.
- Spend two days trekking beneath the Andes and visit the spectacular archeological site of Machu Picchu
- Spend three nights in a homestay in Umasbamba
- Visit the famed ruins of Machu Picchu
- Lessons in design thinking, cross-cultural collaboration, and active listening.
- A chance to develop leadership skills, foster curiosity, and build new friendships while gaining an appreciation for another country and culture.