• South Korea
2 - 4 weeks

Program Details

Host Family Hotel

Pricing

You get more for every dollar when you study abroad with CIEE! Our high-quality programs include tuition, housing, on-site airport pick-up, field trips and cultural activities, 24/7 on-site professional staff, and automatic iNext insurance.

Scholarship opportunities are available for high school summer programs.

There are no hidden charges or surprises when you arrive!
What's Included
Accommodation Some Activities Travel Insurance
Jan 06, 2022
May 22, 2018
9 travelers are looking at this program

Take a trip to this “city that never sleeps” and discover the hype behind the Kpop Phenomenon or explore Korea’s gaming industry. No matter which topic picks your interest, you will be sure to fall in love with the food, culture, and people of this Asian peninsula.

Seoul is a very special city, embracing both traditional and modern ways of life. You will find Buddhist temples within short distances from extreme skyscrapers surrounded by neon lit entertainment, 24/7. Parks, shopping, and street food are abundant, but some of the most exciting entertainment you will see are the buskers singing and dancing in the streets. Get excited to expand your knowledge on Korea while drinking Sikhye, chowing down on your favorite K-food paired with a number of sides, and listening to the sounds of the city.

Program Highlights

• Take dance and cooking classes with Korean peers
  • Get a 360-degree panoramic view of the city from the N Seoul Tower’s digital observatory on Mt. Namsan
  • Gain a certificate of learning in to use in your resume
  • Spend a relaxing day on Nami Island, an eco-friendly development and popular film site with walking and biking trails
  • 24/7 Support from your CIEE program leader and in-country CIEE staff members

Popular Programs

group photo in South Korea

Join us in Seoul, South Korea for a summer to remember! Live a 3-week K-Pop immersion to go behind the scenes of this cultural phenomenon! Or explore the fascinating world of gaming and e-sports as you meet pro teams and plan an Overwatch SCRIM event at the world famous Gen-G Seoul HQ!

Emily

Seoul K-pop Immersion

I had never been that far from home so when I got the chance to study abroad in South Korea I didn’t know what to expect. As I got to the airport, I got to meet everyone else in the program and while I didn’t know them before, it felt like I had known them for years because of how easily we bonded over our love for korean culture. Spending a few weeks with the rest of my peers, I got to experience so many things like karaoke, spicy rice cakes, and I even got eat fried chicken with my friends along the Han River. Making so many memories with people I didn’t know, naturally led to us becoming not just friends but “Seoul Mates” and to this day, my trip to Korea continues to inspire me to be more curious and to embrace the unknown.

The length of the program can be longer because it didn’t feel like enough time.
K

Changing lives one 15 year old at a time

Being my first trip abroad without my parents, this program really took me out of my comfort zone and pushed me to embrace a culture unlike any other. Although I didn't feel super confident traveling without my parents, the providers were there every step of the way and became everybody's friends! This program has everything, from history, to old Korean culture, to modern Korean culture, to language, food and more! Korea has a very different history and culture from the U.S., but the growing influence that we have in Korea is making this program even more important for American students.