Trimester, Semester and Year Teen Study Abroad Program in Spain

Spend a trimester, semester, or a year abroad as a high school exchange student in Spain with Greenheart Travel! Immerse yourself in the Spanish language and culture as you attend high school classes alongside Spanish peers and live with a local host family.

As a Greenheart Traveler, you will also be matched with a personal program manager to help with the in's and out's of the program before, during and after your travels.

Looking for a shorter high school abroad program?
We have 1 and 2 Month Academic Programs with the same full immersion experience. Inquire about rolling start dates and application deadlines.

Program Fees:
1-Month Academic Program: $5,980
2-Month Academic Program: $8,110
Academic Trimester: $10,450
Academic Semester: $12,140
Academic Year: $15,410

Check out our website for Early Bird Application Deadline discounts up to $500 off!

• Choose a program length that fits your school schedule starting in the Fall or Spring
  • Live with a volunteer host family for full cultural immersion
  • Make new friends while exploring a new country
  • Receive an early bird application discount up to $500 when applying before seasonal deadlines
  • Can only study for 1 or 2 months? Inquire about our short-term program options!

Louise

Year in Spain

I studied abroad through Greenheart Travel this past year. They found me the best host family who is now like an actual family to me who I will be in contact with forever. I made friends who really will last a life time and I learned so much. The staff was 100% always willing to help out and really helped prepare us at orientation. This experience actually changed me and impacted my life in ways I am still discovering. Its a growing experience, being away from everything familiar for an entire year. I went in not really having a deep understanding of Spanish but now I would consider myself a level of fluent. The most important part now that I'm home is to keep practicing Spanish. It feels funny to not be speaking Spanish constantly and not eating dinner at the normal Spanish hour 10:30 pm. All in all this was the experience of a life time and I can't wait to go back to Spain!

None.
Naomi

Spanish Exchange

I loved my experience with Greenheart Travel in Spain. I had a great host family and learned a lot about Spanish culture. Greenheart provides the perfect amount of support and guidance throughout my time abroad and my parents were informed and had constants access to my coordinators. Everyone was really welcoming and I had countless fun experiences. Now I have memories upon memories that I will never forget.

Claire

Perfect Pair

Going abroad to Spain was an incredible experience which I will never forget. Greenheart truly takes the time to carefully match you with a family and location they see best fit for you. My host mother and I spent countless hours cooking and baking, which is a hobby I truly enjoy. Not only did this provide me with an opportunity to improve my Spanish, it provided me the opportunity to create a bond with my host mother.
In addition, Greenheart provides 4 private Spanish lessons for you once you arrive and are about halfway through the program. These lessons with my Spanish teacher were some of my favorite memories from the program. Our lessons consisted of us driving to neighboring towns and speaking of their rich culture and history. While we discussed what he was showing me, which ranged from statues of conquerors to castles ruins, he gentle corrected me on what he noticed to be habitual mistakes with my Spanish. This provided a comfortable environment for me to get the feedback I needed all while learning about the history of my surroundings.

I would have enjoyed taking occasional weekend trips with the other students abroad in order to visit some of Spain's well known sites and monuments.
Paige

My family

I was placed in a family with 3 sisters all around my age. One day we decided to make brownies so I searched a recipe on the Internet in English and told them all the ingredients that went in. Well, I forgot about the difference between celcius and ferinhiet, and told her to set the oven to 350 degrees. My sister thought this was a little odd but did it anyway. After about 7 minutes of the brownies being in the oven, my other sister comes running over screaming that the brownies were on fire! We turned the oven down and the brownies surprisingly still tasted delisious! For the rest of my time in Spain when ever something bad happened our saying was don't worry eat brownies!

It would be good if there were planned visits to popular cities throughout Spain to be able to see a lot more of the country!
Eleanor

Amazing Study Abroad Program

In high school I traveled to Spain and lived with a host family for 4 months. This was such an amazing experience and it really changed my life. I had to learn how to be very independent and live somewhere I did not know anyone and barely spoke the language. Studying abroad broadened my perspective and allowed me to experience a whole new culture. I loved my host family, they were so friendly and really helped me learn Spanish and adapt to Spanish life. They also took me traveling with them around Spain, which was incredible. I still speak to them today and would love to go back and visit soon. This program really helped me become a better student and has inspired me to travel more and experience even more cultures. I totally recommend it to all high school students!

This program was very great however I would have liked to interact with the other foreign students studying abroad in Spain more. You meet them at the beginning of the program but that is it. I suggest having a middle of program meet up with all the other foreign abroad students. I think this would be very beneficial.

About Greenheart Travel

Greenheart Travel is a 501(c)3 non-profit, mission driven organization based in Chicago, USA. We are passionate about providing immersive cultural immersion experiences for teenagers and adults in countries all over the world.

Teach English Abroad |...