Sol Abroad Teacher-Led Custom Programs

Sol Abroad is a leader in planning and leading school trips. Our Teacher-Led Custom Programs are a great way for teachers and their students to travel together and experience a true immersion experience. Students will have to opportunity to take Spanish classes, live with a local family, and see all the highlights of our program locations. Please contact the Sol Abroad high school program team for further details and to provide you with a sample itinerary and quote. References available upon request.

• Highly rated homestays
  • Included excursions and cultural activities
  • High-level academic advising and assistance
  • Attentive and dedicated onsite directors
  • Very personable and inclusive program

Andrew

Andrew Walton

My school has worked with SOL Abroad for several years now. As a first time teacher-led faculty advisor for my school, I always felts in safe hands with Sol Abroad. The students had a fantastic time. The on-sight program advisors made the experience one of the best. The teachers the students had were knowledgeable and made learning immediately applicable. I highly recommend this program to any teacher looking to lead an immersion type trip for their students.

Andy

¡Pura vida!

I led a group of 6 high school students to Atenas, Costa Rica, for two weeks through Sol Abroad, and we had an amazing time. From the pre-planning stages all the way through the end of our trip, Brent and Monica of Sol were extremely helpful, and the Program Directors and Spanish teachers in Costa Rica were exemplary. Before we even boarded our return flight, several of my students were already asking if we could go again next year, so that's all I needed to hear to know it was a big success. ¡Muchas gracias por todo, Sol!

Serra

Great value, best program - well worth it!

I studied abroad in college with SOL and fell in love with all Costa Rica, SOL, and the directors had to offer. From stellar homestays and delicious authentic meals to awesome excursions and deep comversation with SOL staff, I became not just a better Spanish speaker, but a better person.

I wanted to show my students just what I had learnes first hand for themselves. I went abroad with 15 high schoolers. Among them were just 2 already with passports. Studying abroad with SOL improves their language skills, self sufficiency, confidence, open-mindedness, and appreciation for things that are different.

SOL has my highest recommendation for their hollostic approach, nearly all-inclusive price, quality staff, and unmatched support. It's so easy to work with them, and you never feel alone! They are in CR and home as a resource and guide.

My students and I loved it so much, I am planning a 2019 trip!

Erin

2018 Argentina - ¡Una experiencia relinda!

Partnering with Sol Abroad made everything about our three week trip in Argentina so much easier! Our Sol Abroad directors in Buenos Aires were knowledgeable, flexible, easy-going, and easy to work with. They collaborated with us to ensure that our students received the experiences we wanted them to have and served as liaisons and problem-solvers on every issue that arose with students, from their needing medical attention to needing different food in their host family to switching levels of Spanish in the language academy. I always felt like our students were well cared for. I was also quite impressed with the overall high quality of the activities, host families, and organization of the program. I recommend Sol Abroad Argentina without hesitation!

Clara

Sol was excellent

As a teacher looking for a customizable program for my small school, I found Sol Abroad to be exactly what I needed. All aspects of my experience with Sol were excellent, from the initial informational conversations with the staff, to the detailed planning stages, to the actual time on the ground in Mexico. Brent and the staff were flexible and open to working with whatever our specific needs were, while at the same time having a clear, well-defined program built on years of experience. The host families in Oaxaca were wonderful, and well-vetted, and all of the activities were fun, interesting, and smoothly run. I loved the combination of tourism, non-stressful academic classes, and family homestay that the program offered. I travelled with one other faculty member, with a small student group, and I always felt confident that we were in really good hands-- that my students were safe, that they were engaged, and that we were all getting a great program. I am definitely planning on working with Sol again this year!

Veronique

A great team of people who go out of their way to make things possible!I

I enjoyed my experience with Sol Abroad very much, and would not hesitate to recommend the program. Not only does Costa Rica provide a breathtakingly beautiful backdrop for the experience, the Sol Abroad team, both the teachers and the staff who organize the cultural activities make sure that you are cared for. I enjoyed the walks to school, the delicious fruit, the friendly atmosphere in town, and coming home to Los Apartementos Athenas to enjoy a peaceful and and quiet evening.

Malia

Sol Abroad Teacher-Led Program Granada, Spain

I have worked with Sol Abroad for six teacher-led trips: four to Granada, Spain, one to Buenos Aires, Argentina, and one to Costa Rica. I just returned from a three-week trip to Granada and will lead my 7th Sol Abroad trip back to Buenos Aires next summer. Clearly, I think extremely highly of Sol! I have not considered working with anyone else.

Sol Abroad is dedicated to encouraging kids to step out of their comfort zones on many levels and broaden their understanding of the world. On my first trip with Sol, we went to Granada, Spain. Brent Hunter, one of the owners was our personal on-site director and guide. Brent embodies everything Sol Abroad stands for. He is passionate about history, language, and culture. He loves the great outdoors and the adventure it brings. On day one in Granada, Brent arrived on his skate board to our meeting point in the Plaza del Carmen. He skated in and did a jump and a twist and landed it perfectly. The kids were in awe of him! He knew how to capture their attention and proceeded to share all he knew about Granada, its people, culture and history. Brent encouraged my students to push themselves physically, mentally and intellectually. His passion for studying abroad was contagious. All of my trips since have had the same impact on my students.

Sol Abroad makes sure everything goes according to plan down to the very last detail. The people who work with Sol have always been incredibly professional and also kind and compassionate. I have had several students with special dietary needs ranging from vegetarians to diagnosed celiacs (one with severe intolerance). Sol took everything seriously and made sure all needs were met. The host families I have worked with over the years with Sol have been real families for my students. The language teachers are experienced and make classes fun, practical, and very applicable to the students' day-to-day lives in Granada. The excursions are all excellent. Sol is open to adding new programs. For example, this year I asked if we could add an excursion to Los Cahorros of Monachil where we could hike and see the sights from hanging bridges. I asked and they delivered.

My students all come away from the trip having learned something new: new words, new verb tenses, new facts, but most importantly, they always learn something about themselves. Rarely do I have students who are eager to return home. Many wish they could stay in Granada for longer and many return to Spain with Sol Abroad for a semester or a year in college.

Sol Abroad is an excellent company and I have been so lucky to work with them all these years. I give them my most wholehearted recommendation for anyone wishing to design a teacher-lead high school program.

About Sol Abroad

Sol Abroad is an affordable high school study abroad, Gap Year and Spanish immersion program for students 14 - 18 years of age. There are programs offered during the summer and semester. Sol students live with local families, take Spanish classes on...