Language Immersion Summer Camps Abroad for 13-15 year olds with EF

EF Malaga
EF Malaga
Fun in Saint-Raphaël, France
Fun in Saint-Raphaël, France

Join EF for your first language learning adventure. We offer more than just a course. EF students travel abroad during summer break to join other students their age, hailing from over 100 different countries around the world. Students will learn a language faster, discover a new culture, and have the time of their lives doing it.

Our Junior Courses are an excellent option for younger travelers eager to expand their language skills and spend the summer abroad. Our supervised courses provide the perfect balance of daily language lessons and activities, designed to totally immerse students in local culture.

Programs are available for students aged 13-15 years old with start dates in June, July, and August. Courses are available from 2-10 weeks long.

Join a travel group or travel independently to meet your class.

• Study in Munich, Malaga, or Saint-Raphaël
  • Supervised study abroad program just for students aged 13-15
  • All inclusive packages including course, accomodations, meals, airfare, airport transfers are available.
  • Travel independently or join a group of other American student's and travel together!
  • 2019 Course Dates: June 24; July 1, 8, 22, 29; August 5

Yes! If she wants she can visit museums all across the city with her friends, also they usually have regular excursions on weekends to different cities, they also have different activities than sports all the time.

• Program Selection 1
  • Pre-departure Help 1
  • In-program Support 7
  • Impact on Student 1
Cristy
No, I don't recommend this program

Disappointing experience with EF Junior Program in Malaga

My daughter and a friend just returned from two weeks as Junior students in Malaga. We were sold on the fact that the program was going to improve their Spanish via leveled courses, yet upon arrival, all the students were placed in a single level Spanish (many students had never spoken a word). Do not expect any significant Spanish learning. If you are true beginner, this would be a fine program. We had told EF ahead of time that our girls had completed two years of high school Spanish.

The girls were placed initially with a host mother and her 15 year old daughter. Two days before departure, we discovered upon looking at the girls' online profiles (we were not notified by anyone at EF) that for some unknown reason, that host family had backed out. Instead the girls were placed with a young single woman (early 30s perhaps), who was nice upon initial meeting, but had no interest in conversing or spending any time with them. She ate once with the girls over the two week, and otherwise, went out each evening to the beach, leaving them unsupported. One night she left them alone overnight, claiming she had an emergency. We did not expect our 14 year old to be unchaperoned in a foreign country. EF never really accepted responsibility for the situation, in our opinion.

Response from EF International Language Campuses

Hi Cristy,

Thank you for your informative feedback. We continue to make sure every student can maximize their learning during their program. At EF, we strive to make sure every student can make the most language progress. Students take placement tests beforehand, and if they feel that they are not in the correct level after the first week of class, they can work directly with our Academic Director and teachers to be put in a class that better suits their learning.

On rare occasion, host families have emergencies that make them unable to host for our students last minute, which is a likely cause for a switch. This is, of course, an unusual circumstance that we must accommodate. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations – it was an uncommon instance. An emergency during a host family stay is a rare circumstance as well. We take the safety of our students very seriously and know that our host families would not leave our students in an unsafe situation by any means. We always have 24/7 emergency phone lines abroad as well as at our Admissions office in the US.

Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing EF as your study abroad provider.

Nick

Nice Program

I stayed in Nice France for the summer and it was the best experience of my life. I made so many friends, experienced so many different things, became independent, and became really good at French. The staff and school were extremely nice, the local people were very nice and willing to be speak French. EF is by far the best program and company to go on a trip with from start to finish their service was wonderful

Matthew

The summer of my life!

I had the most amazing experience living the language in Malaga Spain. Everyone should get a chance to particle in this program... there is a whole new world out there with he most incredible people! My host family was wonderful, they welcomed me like they knew me forever and I felt as though I was apart of their family from day one. I had incredible support from the school and the classes were very informative. I also made friends for life! I still speak to my friends that I met that summer and we Skype every week. I emerged myself into the culture and improved my Spanish language skills. I felt safe, comfortable and truly had the summer of my life! I will never forget my summer in Spain and I am so grateful to EF for making this experience possible.

About EF International Language Campuses

The world is waiting. Learn a language abroad. See the world, experience a new culture, and make friends from around the world as you prepare for your global future. EF's fun and interactive classes help you learn faster while living the language...