Multiple Locations +3
Adventure Travel

Program Details

Jun 29, 2021
Jun 30, 2021

Learn the language of the sea as you embark on an immersive Caribbean adventure for 21 days. Experience the freedom of life on the water and the magic of the world beneath it. Learn to scuba dive and sail, build skills that you’ll use for the rest of your life, and bond with a crew of new friends as you island hop through the beautiful Caribbean.

Meet every morning with warm wind in your hair. You and your crew will work together to successfully navigate yourselves through the breathtaking French and Dutch Leeward Islands, earning a variety of scuba and sailing certifications along the way.

Visit Saba’s magnificent marine park – the perfect spot to earn dive certifications – to experience the underwater walls and towering pinnacles of Babylon, Tent Reef and Diamond Rock. Take plenty of breaks from sailing and diving along the way to body surf, water ski, stand-up paddleboard and hike through lush mountain rainforests.

Program Highlights

• Embark on a live-aboard scuba and sailing voyage
  • Earn multiple scuba and sailing certifications
  • Volunteer in Saba to help maintain island trails and protect biodiversity
  • Try water skiing, wakeboarding and stand up paddle boarding
  • Island hop and explore the breathtaking French and Dutch Leeward Islands

• 9-10 rating 96.55%
  • 7-8 rating 3.45%
Bradley

Staff Issues

My daughter, age 17, was very excited to sail, dive, and experience a co-ed trip at sea for 17 days. She was told it once she got there, it was all girls, no boys, which is fine, but that could have been communicated before she got there and maybe offered another trip? She arrived a day late with another student due to a missed connection. There were no extra beds and were told to sleep on the kitchen floor and didn't sleep well with people walking over them. They were told they could camp on the deck but it was loud, windy and scary. She eventually got a bed but it had bugs... she had bites all over her, head to the bottoms of her feat. She feared it was chicken pox or measles and pleaded with the staff to take her to a doctor and they refused. It wasn't until a panic attack that they asked someone but never took her in. They said it was likely bug bites, but didn't bother to wash or change the sheets. She didn't sleep well for days. Doctor at home said it was bites and could have been dealt with by seeing a doctor for relief and washing sheets/clothes.
Overall, she had a very good time and learned a ton, including to question authority. I think they vetted some poor instructors and misrepresented the trip on the website. She got along with most girls and the trip was not a total loss or disaster, it was just poor leadership and she learned to cope. She's tough.
I would be weary of this organization, but I'm not saying don't go... I don't know how we could have known this, which is why I'm writing this.
Another complaint was that some students were heavy into Jesus and didn't like swearing.
That's fine, but then they allowed girls to do Jesus prayers at dinner? We are all about freedom of choice and religious beliefs, but not pushed on us.
She doesn't regret going, but these are some messed up issues. Just beware.

EDIT: I spoke with the director. He was extremely apologetic and listened to all my issues. Most importantly, he acknowledged and took accountability for the issues. He address my concerns, and looked to improve based on the experience. The core issue was communication, and I do have hopes it will improved based on this.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Different staff.
Coed trip as promised.
Beds for all.
Lynn

Caribbean underwater discovery

This was my first trip out of the country, which was especially scary for me because I was going to meet up with a group of people who I didn't know and live with them for three weeks on a sailboat. Deciding to go on this trip with broadreach was easily one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. I learned so much about myself and became way more confident than I was at the beginning of the trip. I learned great leadership and life skills all while having the most fun of my entire life with friends that I will stay in touch with forever. I learned to scuba dive on this trip which is now one of my greatest passions. The people at broadreach have been nothing but helpful and nice. This trip has given me more life experience and fun than I could have ever imagined possible in such a short amount of time and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Lila

Best Learning Experience Possible

My trip could not have been better. It was the most amazing way to learn immersed in the environment. I could not have asked for a better summer. My summer of Broadreach I made friends I will never lose and memories I will never forget. From breathing in this new underwater world to skippering our catamaran. The bond you form with the instructors and your friends is like no other. The instructors we had were amazing, some of the best teachers I have ever had. We eventually became a family. This program opened up a world of new possibility and new knowledge for me. If you have the opportunity to take this trip- do it. I promise you won't regret it.

Brooke

The Carribean Dream Experience

I am going to start by saying how amazing of a program Broadreach is. They are one of a kind, mainly because of the qualities they obtain that other traveling programs do not. Broadreach has the close knit relationships between instructors and students that are present, non-stop activities that keep your days 100% glum free, accommodations like no other, and so much more. I could go on forever about the life changing program. Going into the trip, I was worried and overthinking everything. My flight was canceled out to St. Maarten and I had to fly out a day late. The instructors were so nice about it and welcomed me at the airport and even bought me Ting, a sparkling grapefruit drink in some of the islands. We rode the “Mega Dinghy” out to the boat in Grand Case. All of my friends were super excited to see me and I was beyond thrilled to finally meet them. This just goes to show the positive attitudes and openness that everyone has around you. Overall, I went home to a whole new perspective on how your life is your story and you can write it how you want. You have to live life to the fullest and never waste a day of learning and loving. Thank you, Broadreach, for exceeding my expectations and for helping me have the best experience of my life.

This program could not get any better.
Read my full story
Shelby

Once in a Lifetime Experience

Incredible! A group of very different teens coming together in paradise on gorgeous boats learning to accept each other's differences and work together! Every activity is well thought out, executed perfectly, and so fun and memorable, from diving at night with sharks to building trails atop Mount Scenery in Saba! The staff are all well educated, fun, and understanding. They cultivate the perfect balance of leadership - allowing the crew to find our own way but stepping in when we need support. The close, shared living quarters allow you to become so close with the other students and create friendships that last way beyond the trip! Everyone accepts each other for who they are and encourage one another to be themselves. You come away from the trip with so many new skills, experiences, and a more understanding outlook on life.

The only way they could improve this program is to offer a longer one with more time to visit the different islands and dive!
Luke

This Trip Blew Me Away

A trip through the Caribbean islands sailing, diving, and bonding with your boat buds is far past the description of words. The dives were breath taking. Sailing was fun peaceful and educational. But by far, the greatest part of Broadreach's program is the atmosphere before, during, and after their programs. People asked me when I got home "What did you do this summer" and I was unable to explain my experiences. A trip to Broadreach is unlike any other, and is unforgettable.

The difficulty in running refrigerators means almost all our food was shelf stable. There was a slight lack in variety, which was manageable but not ideal. Our shelf stable food means meals (on the boat not in town) were sometimes less than amazing. But considering we ate our meals in the middle of the islands with the coolest people you will meet, meals were nothing to complain about.
Dyllan

One of the greatest things that has ever happened to me!!!

This trip was great, one of the best decisions of my life. The sailing was great, the scuba diving was great, the food was good, the islands were amazing, the animal life was incredible. You will do so much on this trip, accomplish so much, it is definitely a good program to help you step out of your comfort zone, meet new friends and build a great family. You will share so many once in a lifetime opportunities with these people, there is nothing else like it. This trip will stay with me for ages, and i really recommend this to you. This was my first traveling experience and let me tell you, you will not regret it!! I would go back in time and do it all over a million times.

I just wish there was more time for diving, more time to experience the islands, more time to sail. We had so much time and we used that time productively but it is never enough, you will always want more, that's how great this trip is.
May

A Spectacular Summer Adventure

The Caribbean Underwater Discovery Voyage was the perfect way to spend my summer. I got open water scuba certified, international crew yachting certified and had an abundant amount of fun all in the span of 3 weeks. Sleeping and living on a yacht was one of my favorite experiences. It was a fantastic way to learn about sailing first hand. Also, nothing beats sleeping on the deck, under the stars with a fresh sea breeze. Living on the water was also the perfect place to learn how to scuba dive. It was incredible learning to dive while being surrounded by magnificent coral reefs and stunning marine life. In addition to learning about the ocean I also got to experience and learn about the local Island life. Each Island was unique and held it's own adventure. Along with all I learned,I gained sincere friendships through the incredible experiences we shared. I would recommend this trip to anyone interested in sailing, scuba diving and having a spectacular summer adventure!

Healthier snacks and food. Such as dried fruit and less carbs.