Broadreach: Caribbean Underwater Discovery Voyages

Join Broadreach this summer on an underwater discovery voyage in the beautiful Caribbean. Broadreach offers 12, 17 and 21 day voyages for teens and young adults grades 7-12. They also host an advance scuba and diving program in the Caribbean Grenadines.

Participants in these programs will live aboard a yacht together experiencing the Caribbean waters. Broadreach offers teens the opportunities to travel the seas while earning diving, scuba, conservation, and yachting certifications. Advanced program participants will also have the opportunity to earn emergency response credentials.

Participants will also earn 5+ hours of community service during their Caribbean adventure.

Lynn

Caribbean underwater discovery

This was my first trip out of the country, which was especially scary for me because I was going to meet up with a group of people who I didn't know and live with them for three weeks on a sailboat. Deciding to go on this trip with broadreach was easily one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. I learned so much about myself and became way more confident than I was at the beginning of the trip. I learned great leadership and life skills all while having the most fun of my entire life with friends that I will stay in touch with forever. I learned to scuba dive on this trip which is now one of my greatest passions. The people at broadreach have been nothing but helpful and nice. This trip has given me more life experience and fun than I could have ever imagined possible in such a short amount of time and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Lila

Best Learning Experience Possible

My trip could not have been better. It was the most amazing way to learn immersed in the environment. I could not have asked for a better summer. My summer of Broadreach I made friends I will never lose and memories I will never forget. From breathing in this new underwater world to skippering our catamaran. The bond you form with the instructors and your friends is like no other. The instructors we had were amazing, some of the best teachers I have ever had. We eventually became a family. This program opened up a world of new possibility and new knowledge for me. If you have the opportunity to take this trip- do it. I promise you won't regret it.

Brooke

The Carribean Dream Experience

I am going to start by saying how amazing of a program Broadreach is. They are one of a kind, mainly because of the qualities they obtain that other traveling programs do not. Broadreach has the close knit relationships between instructors and students that are present, non-stop activities that keep your days 100% glum free, accommodations like no other, and so much more. I could go on forever about the life changing program. Going into the trip, I was worried and overthinking everything. My flight was canceled out to St. Maarten and I had to fly out a day late. The instructors were so nice about it and welcomed me at the airport and even bought me Ting, a sparkling grapefruit drink in some of the islands. We rode the “Mega Dinghy” out to the boat in Grand Case. All of my friends were super excited to see me and I was beyond thrilled to finally meet them. This just goes to show the positive attitudes and openness that everyone has around you. Overall, I went home to a whole new perspective on how your life is your story and you can write it how you want. You have to live life to the fullest and never waste a day of learning and loving. Thank you, Broadreach, for exceeding my expectations and for helping me have the best experience of my life.

This program could not get any better.
Shelby

Once in a Lifetime Experience

Incredible! A group of very different teens coming together in paradise on gorgeous boats learning to accept each other's differences and work together! Every activity is well thought out, executed perfectly, and so fun and memorable, from diving at night with sharks to building trails atop Mount Scenery in Saba! The staff are all well educated, fun, and understanding. They cultivate the perfect balance of leadership - allowing the crew to find our own way but stepping in when we need support. The close, shared living quarters allow you to become so close with the other students and create friendships that last way beyond the trip! Everyone accepts each other for who they are and encourage one another to be themselves. You come away from the trip with so many new skills, experiences, and a more understanding outlook on life.

The only way they could improve this program is to offer a longer one with more time to visit the different islands and dive!
Luke

This Trip Blew Me Away

A trip through the Caribbean islands sailing, diving, and bonding with your boat buds is far past the description of words. The dives were breath taking. Sailing was fun peaceful and educational. But by far, the greatest part of Broadreach's program is the atmosphere before, during, and after their programs. People asked me when I got home "What did you do this summer" and I was unable to explain my experiences. A trip to Broadreach is unlike any other, and is unforgettable.

The difficulty in running refrigerators means almost all our food was shelf stable. There was a slight lack in variety, which was manageable but not ideal. Our shelf stable food means meals (on the boat not in town) were sometimes less than amazing. But considering we ate our meals in the middle of the islands with the coolest people you will meet, meals were nothing to complain about.
Dyllan

One of the greatest things that has ever happened to me!!!

This trip was great, one of the best decisions of my life. The sailing was great, the scuba diving was great, the food was good, the islands were amazing, the animal life was incredible. You will do so much on this trip, accomplish so much, it is definitely a good program to help you step out of your comfort zone, meet new friends and build a great family. You will share so many once in a lifetime opportunities with these people, there is nothing else like it. This trip will stay with me for ages, and i really recommend this to you. This was my first traveling experience and let me tell you, you will not regret it!! I would go back in time and do it all over a million times.

I just wish there was more time for diving, more time to experience the islands, more time to sail. We had so much time and we used that time productively but it is never enough, you will always want more, that's how great this trip is.
May

A Spectacular Summer Adventure

The Caribbean Underwater Discovery Voyage was the perfect way to spend my summer. I got open water scuba certified, international crew yachting certified and had an abundant amount of fun all in the span of 3 weeks. Sleeping and living on a yacht was one of my favorite experiences. It was a fantastic way to learn about sailing first hand. Also, nothing beats sleeping on the deck, under the stars with a fresh sea breeze. Living on the water was also the perfect place to learn how to scuba dive. It was incredible learning to dive while being surrounded by magnificent coral reefs and stunning marine life. In addition to learning about the ocean I also got to experience and learn about the local Island life. Each Island was unique and held it's own adventure. Along with all I learned,I gained sincere friendships through the incredible experiences we shared. I would recommend this trip to anyone interested in sailing, scuba diving and having a spectacular summer adventure!

Healthier snacks and food. Such as dried fruit and less carbs.
Will

Best Summer Ever!

The experiences I had while on my Broadreach program with amazing. I made amazing friends while being able to dive with the coolest fish I have ever seen. One of my favorite memories was when we dove at Saba and saw a Reef Shark and turtles in the same dive! Although this trip mainly focusing around diving, we got to do so many other fun activities while traveling. We went to beaches, played water sports, and played countless games. I honestly couldn't have spent my summer anywhere better than in the Caribbean with Broadreach.

Elena

Experience of a lifetime

This program was the most fun and best experience that I have ever had. I made great friends and saw amazing sights and animals that I could not have seen anywhere else. We hiked up a volcano, explored a fort, cleared a trail in the mountains, saw amazing marine life, including turtles, sharks, octopi, barracuda, and thousands of different types of fish, and were in the water everyday. We earned sailing and scuba certifications, including Open Water and Advanced Open Water as well as our International Yachting Crew certifications. I learned a lot about myself and my skills as well as learning new skills that can be applied elsewhere, such as leadership skills and dealing with the same people for an extended period of time.

I think this program is pretty great as it is, but if I had to change something, I would include more time exploring more of the different island towns we passed by.
Dylan

BEST SUMMER

Deciding to go on Broadreach was the best decision I ever made! The experiences and adventures were spectacular. I never would have expected how close I would become with my ship-mates and instructors in such a short period of time. It was incredibly hard to say goodbye after 3 weeks. Not only was the sailing and diving awesome, but all of the other little moments made it great like watching the stars, cooking meals, going on hikes and sharing our glums and glows each night. I will never forget all of the fun I had and the lifelong friends that I made.

If I could change anything it would be make it longer!
griffin

Best trip of my life!

This was the best summer of my life. The boat was amazing and so was the food. Most of all the staff was extraordinary they were all fun and funny, but safe at the same time. I would go back in a heart beat!
Best summer ever and I am going back next year!

NOTHING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Eric

Lost In Paradise

My name is Eric, and I am so glad I decided to go on this trip to start off my summer. I want to talk about the lifestyle and freedom I experienced. I was taking my final exam the day before the trip started, and suddenly the next day I was on board a yacht in the Caribbean. That feeling was unbelievable, how I would eat dinner under the sunset, go to sleep under the stars and look at the lights on the islands, and wake up to some of the most beautiful sunrises I've ever seen everyday. It was a great escape from school and everything else I was stressing about, because everyday was so packed and when I did have breaks, the beauty of paradise pulled me away from my worries.

Diving and sailing were the main focus of the program, and this experience really opened my eyes up. It was the first time that I had done either of those things, and it really blew my mind away. I was very nervous when I first started "breathing" underwater, but then I got very comfortable, to the point where I couldn't wait to get into the water again. Sailing was also something I've always wanted to do, watching the bow of the boat piercing the beautiful waters of the Caribbean was simply fascinating. I think this trip really took me away. When I was diving all I could hear was the sound of me breathing and the beating of my heart, nothing else. It was very peaceful and magical watching the sun reflecting on the surface of the ocean above me. Swimming with the fishes was incredible, too. It enabled me to interact with nature and almost become one with it. When I was sailing I was thinking much less than diving, being on a boat just really makes me happy and sailing around the islands was definitely on my bucket list.

The program was very nicely and carefully organized and I had an amazing time. The staff was an amazing crew, there were a lot of unique individuals with lots of stories to tell. Together it created a very positive atmosphere for me and my friends, in which we were able to enjoy.

I wasn't a big fan of the shower, maybe if the boat could carry a little more fresh water then we could increase our shower a bit longer.
jack

Best Adventure of my life so far

What I was expecting did could not even describe what it actually was like. Waking up on a boat every morning with the fresh sea air was amazing and just knowing that you are going to spend the day diving and sailing is such a great way to live.

Everyday you go on at least 2 dives, one in the morning and one a little after lunch, and on some days you do night dives which are just spectacular. At night you see some of the most amazing things like giant crabs, jelly fish, and sharks, and when you turn your lights off you get to see the illumination of the phytoplankton which makes the dark waters look like the night sky.

The instructors on the trip are the best kind of people you could find to do something like this. They are intelligent, fun, and make sure you are safe while having the best time of your life.

I feel like there where a lot of people on one boat and sometimes it made me a little claustrophobic and it was hard to get some time to yourself. I had 15 people on my boat including instructors so I feel like 10-12 would be much more comfortable.
Ariele

Best Summer Ever!

Going on this trip has actually changed my life. I met the most amazing people, had the most amazing time, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Especially since it was my first time out of the country, BroadReach made it worth my while.

More opportunities to explore the towns and get emerged into the culture
Sam

An Amazing trip

This 3 week program was an amazing experience. Some memorable events include the hike up on the mountain in St. Kitts, diving in Saba, going to town in St. Barth's, sunsets on the boat, our nite dive in St. kitts, cliff jumping in Saba, and wake boarding with my sailing instructor and trying to pull off a backflip. Diving every day and beautiful oceans make a great summer.

I think i would change how many people live on the boat. Although it is good to have many peers and people supporting you it is also a pain sometimes with 12 people in a dive group and only one dive instructor.

About Broadreach

For more than 25 years, Broadreach has expanded the horizons of over 17,000 middle school, high school and college students. On more than 70 different summer adventures in over 40 countries, Broadreach students have pursued their interests and...