Broadreach: Caribbean Scuba Diving and Sailing Voyages

Ever spent an hour under the sea? Felt the freedom of life aboard a sailing yacht? Met the morning with a plunge overboard? Get ready. This is just a taste of the adventure.

Prepare yourself for serious fun and adventure. Laughter, learning and new friends, guaranteed. Whether you've never been diving or sailing before and want to start at the Discovery level, or want to earn advanced certifications on the Explorer level version, this voyage is our most popular program for good reasons. The new experiences and skills learned build a foundation for all future adventures, and the thrill of sailing and diving in turquoise Caribbean waters is undeniable.

• Embark on a live-aboard scuba and sailing voyage
  • Earn multiple scuba and sailing certifications
  • Volunteer in Saba to help maintain island trails and protect biodiversity
  • Try water skiing, wakeboarding and stand up paddle boarding
  • Island hop and explore the breathtaking French and Dutch Leeward Islands

Lynn

Caribbean underwater discovery

This was my first trip out of the country, which was especially scary for me because I was going to meet up with a group of people who I didn't know and live with them for three weeks on a sailboat. Deciding to go on this trip with broadreach was easily one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. I learned so much about myself and became way more confident than I was at the beginning of the trip. I learned great leadership and life skills all while having the most fun of my entire life with friends that I will stay in touch with forever. I learned to scuba dive on this trip which is now one of my greatest passions. The people at broadreach have been nothing but helpful and nice. This trip has given me more life experience and fun than I could have ever imagined possible in such a short amount of time and I would highly recommend it to everyone!

Lila

Best Learning Experience Possible

My trip could not have been better. It was the most amazing way to learn immersed in the environment. I could not have asked for a better summer. My summer of Broadreach I made friends I will never lose and memories I will never forget. From breathing in this new underwater world to skippering our catamaran. The bond you form with the instructors and your friends is like no other. The instructors we had were amazing, some of the best teachers I have ever had. We eventually became a family. This program opened up a world of new possibility and new knowledge for me. If you have the opportunity to take this trip- do it. I promise you won't regret it.

Brooke

The Carribean Dream Experience

I am going to start by saying how amazing of a program Broadreach is. They are one of a kind, mainly because of the qualities they obtain that other traveling programs do not. Broadreach has the close knit relationships between instructors and students that are present, non-stop activities that keep your days 100% glum free, accommodations like no other, and so much more. I could go on forever about the life changing program. Going into the trip, I was worried and overthinking everything. My flight was canceled out to St. Maarten and I had to fly out a day late. The instructors were so nice about it and welcomed me at the airport and even bought me Ting, a sparkling grapefruit drink in some of the islands. We rode the “Mega Dinghy” out to the boat in Grand Case. All of my friends were super excited to see me and I was beyond thrilled to finally meet them. This just goes to show the positive attitudes and openness that everyone has around you. Overall, I went home to a whole new perspective on how your life is your story and you can write it how you want. You have to live life to the fullest and never waste a day of learning and loving. Thank you, Broadreach, for exceeding my expectations and for helping me have the best experience of my life.

This program could not get any better.
Shelby

Once in a Lifetime Experience

Incredible! A group of very different teens coming together in paradise on gorgeous boats learning to accept each other's differences and work together! Every activity is well thought out, executed perfectly, and so fun and memorable, from diving at night with sharks to building trails atop Mount Scenery in Saba! The staff are all well educated, fun, and understanding. They cultivate the perfect balance of leadership - allowing the crew to find our own way but stepping in when we need support. The close, shared living quarters allow you to become so close with the other students and create friendships that last way beyond the trip! Everyone accepts each other for who they are and encourage one another to be themselves. You come away from the trip with so many new skills, experiences, and a more understanding outlook on life.

The only way they could improve this program is to offer a longer one with more time to visit the different islands and dive!
Luke

This Trip Blew Me Away

A trip through the Caribbean islands sailing, diving, and bonding with your boat buds is far past the description of words. The dives were breath taking. Sailing was fun peaceful and educational. But by far, the greatest part of Broadreach's program is the atmosphere before, during, and after their programs. People asked me when I got home "What did you do this summer" and I was unable to explain my experiences. A trip to Broadreach is unlike any other, and is unforgettable.

The difficulty in running refrigerators means almost all our food was shelf stable. There was a slight lack in variety, which was manageable but not ideal. Our shelf stable food means meals (on the boat not in town) were sometimes less than amazing. But considering we ate our meals in the middle of the islands with the coolest people you will meet, meals were nothing to complain about.
Dyllan

One of the greatest things that has ever happened to me!!!

This trip was great, one of the best decisions of my life. The sailing was great, the scuba diving was great, the food was good, the islands were amazing, the animal life was incredible. You will do so much on this trip, accomplish so much, it is definitely a good program to help you step out of your comfort zone, meet new friends and build a great family. You will share so many once in a lifetime opportunities with these people, there is nothing else like it. This trip will stay with me for ages, and i really recommend this to you. This was my first traveling experience and let me tell you, you will not regret it!! I would go back in time and do it all over a million times.

I just wish there was more time for diving, more time to experience the islands, more time to sail. We had so much time and we used that time productively but it is never enough, you will always want more, that's how great this trip is.
May

A Spectacular Summer Adventure

The Caribbean Underwater Discovery Voyage was the perfect way to spend my summer. I got open water scuba certified, international crew yachting certified and had an abundant amount of fun all in the span of 3 weeks. Sleeping and living on a yacht was one of my favorite experiences. It was a fantastic way to learn about sailing first hand. Also, nothing beats sleeping on the deck, under the stars with a fresh sea breeze. Living on the water was also the perfect place to learn how to scuba dive. It was incredible learning to dive while being surrounded by magnificent coral reefs and stunning marine life. In addition to learning about the ocean I also got to experience and learn about the local Island life. Each Island was unique and held it's own adventure. Along with all I learned,I gained sincere friendships through the incredible experiences we shared. I would recommend this trip to anyone interested in sailing, scuba diving and having a spectacular summer adventure!

Healthier snacks and food. Such as dried fruit and less carbs.
Will

Best Summer Ever!

The experiences I had while on my Broadreach program with amazing. I made amazing friends while being able to dive with the coolest fish I have ever seen. One of my favorite memories was when we dove at Saba and saw a Reef Shark and turtles in the same dive! Although this trip mainly focusing around diving, we got to do so many other fun activities while traveling. We went to beaches, played water sports, and played countless games. I honestly couldn't have spent my summer anywhere better than in the Caribbean with Broadreach.