Summerfuel: Study Abroad in Nice, France

Since 1996, Summerfuel has offered high school students the unique opportunity to go beyond the classroom to experience France in its real-life context. The city of Nice—situated in the center of France’s fabulous Mediterranean coastline, the Côte d’Azur—is the site of Summerfuel’s Study Abroad program in France. Famous the world over as a cosmopolitan center of art, culture, cuisine and exclusive summer resorts, Nice is the perfect setting for this unique learning experience.

Nice is the perfect setting for a unique learning experience that combines intimate classroom study with experiences of day-to-day life in France and enriching cultural activities as well as independent time for you to make your own discoveries. Summerfuel in Nice is a dynamic program that encourages exploration, develops independence and provides a foundation for academic success and personal growth.

Summerfuel operates on a rolling admissions process so the program is open for participation until filled. Click on "Visit Site" for details and to contact the team directly.

Joseph

My Review

Despite the Bastille Day attacks, my time in Nice was probably the most memorable experience I've had in my whole life. I was able to immerse myself in the French subject, not only in the classroom but also by practicing it on the streets of Nice. I always felt support from the staff and my peers and was able to be pushed out of my comfort zone and try new things. I will never forget the memories and friends I made in my summer abroad in Nice, France.

Adding wifi to the Lycée so we can communicate home easier.
Davis

A nice time in Nice

My time in Nice was amazing and I wish I could go back all of the time. Nice has so much to do from Promenade des Anglais, NicEtolie Mall, MAMAC museum, and of course the beach. Anytime spent in Nice will be a good time to me because of the opportunities I had there and the people I met. The teachers at Summerfueld want to help and care about your progress and the directors treat you like their children and are selfless.

More time in Monaco!!!!
Beatrice

Becoming so close with everyone.

Because it was such a small group of people, I felt like I got super close to everyone. Being in such a traumatic experience made us so much closer, we understand each other and talk all the time to this day. One of my favorite experiences from the program was when we went white water rafting. It was really challenging and scary but super fun and I felt like I was hysterically laughing the entire time. The bus rides there and back didn't make it less fun, it was always nice
to go away on the weekends. Overall I loved the trip so much and all of the people. I would do
It again, but I know it will never be the same.

Wifi in the rooms would be nice, it was challenging to do
Homework and everything but it made it more fun because we were talking to each other more than playing on our phones.
Isabelle

Summerfuel Nice 2016

My experience in Nice during the summer of 2016 was incredible. Not only did it help me mature mentally, but it helped me to grow culturally and academically. My art history class, taught by Michel Remy, opened my eyes to ideas about art that I had never experienced. Being able to see the art up close, around Nice and at the MAMAC, the stunning beaches of the south of France, the weekend excursions, and the food were all factors of a magnificent experience that I would not trade for the world. The most incredible part of the program, however, was definitely my group's RAs. During the attack on Bastille day, Ashleigh and Kenny were compassionate, kind, understanding, and gave us a family to comfort during that terrible time. I could not imagine my Nice study abroad program without their endless support and generosity.

Adding wifi to the dorms and classrooms.
Colin

Nice 2016

Overall, I had a great experience in Nice. Obviously, I had a pretty scarring experience, but otherwise, I learned a lot of French and gained a unique cultural perspective. The food was good; the teachers were supportive and friendly; we had the opportunity to travel to many unique towns along the French Riviera. Furthermore, I also gained friends with whom I am still in contact. Accommodations were tight, but that was just another part of living in a different country.

n/a

About Summerfuel

It's Your Future. Make Summer Count.

For over 30 years, Summerfuel has been offering innovative and engaging summer opportunities in the US and Europe. Students who join our challenging pre-college programs, or our authentic study abroad and language...