Sol Abroad High School Program in Spain

Sol Abroad High School Program in Spain

Learn Spanish in one of the most ancient and diverse cities in Spain . . . ¡Granada! Explore the narrow, cobblestoned streets of the former Muslim quarter, the Albaycin, wander the passageways of the Alhambra, or enter the white-washed caves of the Gypsies and experience the passion of a flamenco performance. Study at an accredited Spanish university in Granada and earn university credit. Take Spanish classes and electives in the historic section of Granada. Sol Abroad high school programs provides quality academic support and assistance while you are on your study abroad program.

Europe » Spain » Granada
Europe » Spain
Spanish

Yes, 100%. I am a mom who always knows we're her kids are and I felt like they were so well supervised. We visited at the end and realized what a perfect place Spain (and Granada) was for our kids.

Maya
San Francisco, California

A Walk in the Park

My host family had a puppy named Hancock, and being able to get out and walk him everyday really helped with the transition of living in a foreign country and made me feel like I really live in Spain! At the park, I got to know neighbors who also had dogs, and was able to chat with other families about my experience in the U.S. and their experiences in Spain. Who knew the trick to feeling at home was just a walk in the park?!

Saniyah
new york

A summer to remember

Signing up for Sol Abroad was awesome because i didnt know what to expect. But it was amazing because i got to learn so many new things about the Spanish colture and language! Elie was an amazing director and he was always there to help us whenever we needed it, even if it was a major inconvenience to him. My host family was also amazing! Overall, this has been an amazing and life changing exerpience, and i will remain in touch with all of the friends ive made !!

Perhaps we could do some overnight excursions next time, lol!

Sanddhya
Austin

An Experience of a Lifetime

If you're looking for an exotic, diverse, interesting experience in your life, a study broad in Spain is what you need! Prior to going to this fascinating country, I was fairly nervous, especially for things such as living with a host family who does not know any English, and also just blending in well with the Spanish social scene. However, once I was in Spain, I loved everything about those three and a half weeks. The teachers gave us just the right amount of freedom so we could explore Spain and feel independent, while also keeping us safe at all times and always checking in on us to make sure everything was all right. In addition, they took us to various aspects of Spanish culture, all of which were very different on their own. I would say one of my favorite excursions we did was Los Cahorros, because while some parts of the hike were a little out of my comfort zone, with slippery rocks, and narrow paths, once we passed the bridges and cave, I felt like seeing the river at the end was a little gem. Also, I loved climbing up to the top of the hill to get a beautiful view of the natural setting. Overall, I would definitely recommend this trip to any type of person, outgoing or introverted, because each person will be able to take away something unique from this gem of a place!

Erin
Wilmette

Happy parents!

We sent a 14 and 15 year old on the trip to Granada and from the very beginning the program was accommodating . The boys were able to live together with a family they described as fun and full of energy in a centrally located apartment that made it easy for them to get around. The sol abroad did an excellent job of keeping us abreast of important information like the boys initial arrival in Madrid and regular Facebook postings of pictures. We feel like their time was well spent with a perfect balance of class, excursions and time with their host family. We hoped the experience would open their eyes to the world around them and that is exactly what happened. We were able to travel to Granada to pick the boys up and we're thrilled to share in a bit of their experience. The sol abroad program was a huge success in our eyes. Thank you.

Alex
Bethesda, Maryland
University of Maryland

I Never Would Have

While I was here, I met some really awesome people. One of my friends is really interested in seeing as much culture as possible. Thanks to her, I went to the Biodome and saw some really weird and really awesome animals and exhibits, and I tried vegan cuisihne! I´m so grateful that she had the energy to plan even more separate excursions on top of all of our pre-planned activities, and I´m so happy to have met her!

Ruby
Santa Monica

Sol Abroad Spain

My time in Spain was definitely worthwhile. I met lots of new people, improved my Spanish, and experienced tons of new things. My host family eas extremely generous, but I had hoped to spend more time with them. I had tons of fun at the beach, trying new food, and generally immersing myself into the Spanish culture. The program is well put-together, but directors are a bit hostile about free time, although it is offered and "encouraged".

Natalie

nice nice

holy cannoli was this experience freaking RAD. i just cannot even put into words how rad it was. i have gained experiences and met people that i would not have known if i had not been on this trip. it has truly been a blessing and i am so glad i came. the cultural and educational knowledge ive acquired is above par and above anything i ever could have dreamed and experienced. id like to thank sol abroad and my director for every wonderful experience and also the school who was so gracious to accept me. thank you. i love yall.

NÖ¨THING IT I S PER FECT

James
Maryville

Granada, Spain

We attended many different sites, but the true cultural experience begins with your own exploration; go with friends not with the director. Try to see and experience as much of Granada as possible because the excursions will not reveal everything. Do not expect all of Granada to reveal itself to you as much of it lies behind the tourist areas of puerta real and plaza nueva. This is my advice to you.

The staff needs changing.

Anonymous
North Carolina

My best summer trip ever

I loved going to school in the mornings but then being free the rest of the day to explore and hang out with friends. The cultural activities were also amazing and really helped me learn about Spain. My teachers were amazing- I still keep in touch with them on Facebook and they helped teach cultural things and made our conversational Spanish better. I met such amazing people on the trip and still talk to them all the time. There were so many fun things to do at night and during the day around Granada. The homestay was an amazing experience- I had the best host mom who was so welcoming and really wanted to help us learn about the culture and language. The trip is definitely one of my best summer memories.

Classes for my group were not split up by ability level, so some people didn't learn many things. It worked out fine though because we focused on conversation and culture. If I had to change something though, I might split up people more on ability level.

Sol Abroad is an affordable high school study abroad, Gap Year and Spanish immersion program for students 14 - 18 years of age. There are programs offered during the summer and semester. Sol students live with local families, take Spanish classes on the weekdays, participate