Experience the best of three incredible Southeast Asian countries. Begin in Chiang Mai, Thailand and learn about this ancient city's history as the center of the Lanna Kingdom, learn to cook authentic Thai dishes, take a Muay Thai lesson and shop for souvenirs at the famous Night Bazaar. Head outside of the city to visit an elephant sanctuary and learn about efforts to protect these gentle giants from extinction. Luang Prabang in northern Laos is your next destination. Here Buddhist monks collect morning alms against a backdrop of French-colonial architecture and picturesque temples. Trek into the hills for a village stay, learn local crafts, and swim in a beautiful waterfall in the jungle. Continuing to Siem Reap, explore the ancient ruins of Angkor Wat by bicycle. Return to Thailand for a tropical island getaway at Koh Samet, a tour of Bangkok, and a riverboat ride on the Chao Phraya River.
- Learn about Buddhist traditions, ancient empires, and modern life in Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia
- Walk with elephants and learn from conservationists at a sanctuary in the mountains
- Trek in the jungle and spend two nights at a traditional Lao village
- Explore the magnificent ruins of Angkor Wat by bicycle
- Swim, snorkel, and relax on the white-sand beaches of Koh Samet