Volunteer in China: Mandarin Service Adventure

Volunteer in China: Mandarin Service Adventure

Program Highlight!

Explore the intersection of modern medicine and indigenous wisdom as you lend a hand to community health projects on our Bali: Global Health Initiative™ program.

The China: Mandarin Service Adventure program is uniquely designed for students to come away with a deep understanding of China and its complexity – experiences that you can't get from reading newspapers or studying history back home.

Program Highlights:
- Live in a historic market town on the edge of the Tibetan Plateau
- Experience Mandarin immersion and language classes
- Volunteer on family farms, harvesting crops and learning biodynamic practices
- Hike the Great Wall of China

Includes: All meals and purified water, Lodging in GLA Home-Base, All excursions and activities, 24-hour emergency hotline, Airport Transportation, Local Transportation, Pre-departure Orientation, Travel, medical and evacuation insurance, Phone call home upon arrival

Students attending a GLA program abroad can me meet up with friends before or after their Service Learning Adventure, but not during the program. Housing and transportation to all activities and excursions are included on all GLA programs' tuition and we strongly believe that aspect of the program is what makes a difference - staying with like-minded teens and following group-plans like everyone...

Global Leadership Adventures: My China!

This summer I went to China with a group of 24 students. Originally when searching for programs I found that none of them were even close to my price range as they were all too expensive. At first, I selected Global Leadership Adventures because of its affordable price and its service component. But it turned out to be so much more than that! GLA was an experience through which I learned to be more independent and confident. When out in the streets with other students we had to use our language skills to communicate which took a lot of brain power but also a lot of confidence. Making friends while on the China program was not hard at all. All the kids on my program were ambitious and they cared about making a difference. Since I found kids similar to me on the program it was really easy to make friends. Even though it's been a while since this summer we still have our group chat going strong and I even regularly meet up with two of the kids who live close to me. I definitely recommend GLA for other students because it really was a life changing experience for me and I think everyone should experience this great adventure!

The language aspect of this program could be greatly improved. The language classes were extremely informal and I don't feel like I really learned any new Mandarin.

Better than Expected

This was my first trip abroad without my parents and it has taught me a lot about being independent and cautious of the money I spend. I thought the price of the trip itself was a little pricey but I think it was worth every penny when I experienced the events we were doing day to day. The hotels were amazing and clean, the food at the places we ate at were delicious and we could even order a second serving (which is the best!), and the places we went to were fascinating. I took lots of pictures and hope to visit China again.

Once In a Lifetime Experience

The GLA China program was fantastic. The tuition is a bit pricey, but the multitude of activities every day makes up for that.
The language classes were fun and effective; allowing me to communicate with others who speak Mandarin.
The service projects were enjoyable and rewarding as well, especially those in which we taught English and visited orphanages.
The staff is very knowledgeable and open to teach and explain.
They also go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable and have food that you will enjoy eating.
Through the GLA China program, I made many friends that I still keep in touch with. I would definitely recommend Global Leadership Adventures!

About Global Leadership Adventures (GLA)

With a history and heritage in global education, Global Leadership Adventures packs our itineraries with leadership development, volunteering and the delight of taking learning off the beaten path. Our unique program design produces what many...