By Global Leadership Adventures (GLA)   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Summer Volunteer Program in China (Language Immersion)

By Global Leadership Adventures (GLA)   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

The China: One Nation, Two Worlds program is uniquely designed for students to come away with a deep understanding of China and its complexity – experiences that you can't get from reading newspapers or studying history back home.

Program Highlights:
- Help a minority community restore traditional temples and cultural relics
- Bond with local children through tutoring English
- Explore the incredible Stone Forest
- Hike the Great Wall of China (21-Day Flagship Program only)

Asia › China › Beijing
Program Categories
Chinese
Cost
Includes: All meals and purified water, Lodging in GLA Home-Base, All excursions and activities, 24-hour emergency hotline, Airport Transportation, Local Transportation, Pre-departure Orientation, Travel, medical and evacuation insurance, Phone call home upon arrival
5000.00

Students attending a GLA program abroad can me meet up with friends before or after their Service Learning Adventure, but not during the program. Housing and transportation to all activities and excur...

Rating Values

Irene
New York, New York

Better than Expected

Overall 10

This was my first trip abroad without my parents and it has taught me a lot about being independent and cautious of the money I spend. I thought the price of the trip itself was a little pricey but I think it was worth every penny when I experienced the events we were doing day to day. The hotels were amazing and clean, the food at the places we ate at were delicious and we could even order a second serving (which is the best!), and the places we went to were fascinating. I took lots of pictures and hope to visit China again.

Alli
Savannah, TN

Once In a Lifetime Experience

Overall 10

The GLA China program was fantastic. The tuition is a bit pricey, but the multitude of activities every day makes up for that.
The language classes were fun and effective; allowing me to communicate with others who speak Mandarin.
The service projects were enjoyable and rewarding as well, especially those in which we taught English and visited orphanages.
The staff is very knowledgeable and open to teach and explain.
They also go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable and have food that you will enjoy eating.
Through the GLA China program, I made many friends that I still keep in touch with. I would definitely recommend Global Leadership Adventures!

With a history and heritage in global education, Global Leadership Adventures packs our itineraries with leadership development, volunteering and the delight of taking learning off the beaten path. Our unique program design produces what many students call a life-changing experience, not just a spring break or summer program.

GLA provides high school students the opportunity to authentically discover another culture, safely engage in high adventure and above all, participate in grassroots service projects that directly impact the families and communities they become close with while abroad.

The long-term partnerships our global staff have developed with local individuals, community leadership and action-oriented organizations around the world continue to be the backbone of our programs. Helping them deliver sustainable impact while transforming the way we look at the world and ourselves is what gets us fired up every day at GLA.

Alumni Interviews