New Zealand & Fiji Islands Summer Service Adventures

New Zealand & Fiji Islands Summer Service Adventures

On this program, we SCUBA Dive Fiji's coral reefs, explore the world famous Waitomo caves, surf at New Zealand's famous Raglan surf break, experience life in a Fijan village and step up to the challenge of a high ropes adventure course. The trip combines impactful environmental and community service projects, and students earn 40 community service hours by planting native trees, teaching English and geography to Fijan children and wildlife care and conservation volunteer work with the Kiwi Foundation in New Zealand.

New Zealand

Hi Natalie, You can access information regarding financial aid and scholarships right here-… Thanks!
The tuition for the program is $5,795. You can find more info about what that includes here: Hope that helps!
Hi Carla, Thank you for your interest in Global Works! You need no experience to participate in our New Zealand Fiji Islands trip, but this trip is for high school aged students. Do you fit in that category? Thanks, Chloe

Best thing that could ever happen to me.

This was the best thing that could ever happen to me. The memories and friends that I have are lifelong. I am so lucky to have had the opportunity of going on a trip like this and doing something bigger than myself. I laughed, cried (happy tears), and smiled throughout this trip and I wish I could live it again. The community service days made me feel like I had a purpose and made me realize that this is definitely what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Go out and help people around the world and meet incredible individuals in the process. This trip was life changing.

I wish it was longer!

Great experience

If you're thinking about going on this trip, don't hesitate. It was the most amazing thing I've ever done, the leaders are incredible, I made friends that will last a lifetime and had so many wonderful adventures.

An amazing experience

This program was absolutely amazing. The staff was incredible and we got to do amazing things. The size of the group was perfect, 11 of us, and we stayed in some amazing places. I felt like we got to see the real side of Fiji, not the touristy places you would normally go to. They would change the programming depending on what we wanted to do as a group. We went to the ocean every day. We had time to snorkel and tan. We also spent 31 hours in Nativi village building them a community kitchen. Spending the time in the village, living in their houses and being able to really get to know them and their children, was the most rewarding part of this trip. Once we were done in the village we went to an amazing resort and spend the last five days being together as a group and surfing in some amazing spots. There was nothing that I would have liked to change about this trip. I would do it all over again if I could.

I think the one thing I would change would have been the food. It was very different from food I would have eaten at home. The first week we had it I enjoyed it a lot, always having something that I liked and ate. However, after the second week I was very ready for the more american style food we got in the resort. Also, there were several people who got sick when we were in the village but that is not unusual when traveling. Everyone recovered very quickly.

Awesome Experience

it was my first time ever leaving the country and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Staying with the Fijians in the Nativi village was such a cultural immersion. Favorite parts were definitely hiking with the natives, chewing on sugar cane, cracking open coconuts, and doing the community service with the older men.

Maybe spend more time with the villagers and less time in the tourist sections of Fiji

About Global Works

For more than 27 years, Global Works has been an industry leader in community service-based adventure travel programs for high school students and custom group trips. Much more than a vacation, Global Works international trips are the bridge for...