BE MORE THAN A TRAVELER! Tanzania offers a stunning variety of landscapes and wildlife, and the opportunity to immerse yourself in the generous spirit of Africa. This is the perfect experience for the student seeking a totally new perspective in one of the world’s most awe-inspiring backdrops. Live with a local family in a small, rural village while helping to construct a classroom and teach English. Experience a Safari to witness lions, giraffes, zebras, elephants and rhinoceros. Hike the fertile slopes of Mt. Meru and then venture to the ‘spice’ isle of Zanzibar as you sail the clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
“While in Tanzania, I was able to step out of my comfort zone in the best way. This trip planted a seed in my heart that has made me realize how fortunate I am and how much I want to help others. This trip planted a seed in my heart that has made me realize how fortunate I am and how much I want to help others." - Olivia Ridge, Tanzania, Student
- OUR HALLMARK MODEL: meaningful community service, cross-cultural exchange, and living and volunteering in rural homestay communities.
- DATES: June 25, 2020 - July 30, 2020
- SERVICE HOURS EARNED: 70-90 hours
- GROUP SIZE: Up to 18 students (co-ed) 2 U.S. leaders, 2 Tanzanian Staff
- LEARNING GOALS: Leadership, cooking, hiking, construction