Projects Abroad High School Volunteer Program Tanzania

Projects Abroad High School Volunteer Program Tanzania

By Projects Abroad Reviewer Verified Badge   Reviews (2)   100% Rating

Take the opportunity to volunteer abroad over the summer in Tanzania as a High School student with Projects Abroad! Immerse yourself in the Tanzanian culture as you care for the community through volunteer work in local orphanages and care centers. Alternatively, you may also choose to participate in a Medicine or Public Health internship, in which you can get a first-hand look at the work medical professionals do on a daily basis, educate children about health issues, and even have the chance to treat some patients in a rural area. For more details, visit Projects Abroad's site for High School Specials.

Africa ยป Tanzania
Inclusions
Activities
Meals
Transportation
Travel Insurance
$2695.00/week
Cost Description
Prices vary depending on project and number of weeks
Visit website for more details on costs

Rating Values

Avery
Seattle

Tanzania with Projects Abroad!

My trip to Tanzania with Projects Abroad was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. The program was so well planned so that we would experience all aspects of Tanzanian Culture while still being safe and comfortable. With Projects Abroad I truly felt like I was leaving something valuable in the community and giving back. We planted a garden at a rural orphanage and taught the kids while they're teacher was away. Whatever needs we had in the moment Projects Abroad met, supplying us with more plants or food or whatever we asked to help the orphanage. I stayed wit a host family with 4 other volunteers and my group leaders and felt so safe and accounted for. We all grew super close to the 2 young girls in the host family and loved watching the mama and house girls cook and sing along to Tanzanian music. I don't think another program could've immersed me in the culture so well! One of our group leaders was born and raised in Tanzania and that was super cool because he provided such a unique insight and really helped us get around. I completely recommend Projects Abroad for anyone looking to have a valuable and memorable volunteer experience!

Liza
Deep River, CT

Absolutely Incredible Experience

I spent two weeks in Tanzania this past summer with Projects Abroad in the high school special and it was beyond incredible. I worked in a care and community project where we built a kitchen for East Africa Orphanage in Arusha and played educational games with the orphans at Fruitful Orphanage. We were able to spend time with the children and play with the. I have to say it was probably the most rewarding experience of my life.

The staff was incredible and we had a ton of fun.

The other teens in my project and I stayed with a host family and they were very kind and had a beautiful home. They made us our meals everyday (unless we went out to eat) so we were able to experience real Tanzanian food.

On the weekend we went on a safari one day and the other we visit a family in the Maasai tribe. (Not a tourist trap location but an actual tribe!)

At no point did I feel unsafe or uncomfortable.

And to finish off I made the best friends. We all got along so well and are still in touch three months later!

I highly recommend this program to all high school students looking to volunteer abroad and travel. I had never traveled alone before this trip and now I know this is definitely something I want to continue doing.

I only wish I could have stayed longer.

Projects Abroad is a global organization formed around the need for gap year programs abroad designed for students taking a break from studying. Since its inception, Projects Abroad has expanded to offer high school volunteer programs, and a vast variety of programs geared towards those