Connect-123 Medical And Healthcare Internships

Gain invaluable work experience in medicine, public health, and nursing while you intern in one of six exciting, dynamic cities--Barcelona, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Dublin, and Shanghai.

We have extensive relationships with local hospitals, research centers, laboratories, universities, and health clinics in each of these cities. Gain clinical experience on a pediatric ward, conduct innovative cancer research, shadow a leading cardiac surgeon, or intern in a physical therapy clinic. No matter what you choose, you will come home with deep knowledge of your selected field that immediately sets you apart from your peers.

Program durations and start and end dates are flexible to fit your needs. Our local staff provide on-the-ground support before, during, and after your internship including housing assistance, in-depth orientation, social events, cultural activities, as well as career support and guidance.

Contact us today to kickstart your application!

• Tailored placements! Connect-123’s experienced team finds unique, best-fit opportunities for you, related to your interests, goals and requirements.
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123’s partner network includes entrepreneurs, human rights organizations, engineering firms, advertising agencies and many more options!
  • Flexibility! Choose your arrival and departure dates, based on your schedule.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Connect-123 provides you with all the support you need!
  • Our program deposit is completely refundable! While most organizations require a non-refundable deposit, we’re confident that you’ll love our service and that we’ll find the right placement for you.

Ashley

Fall 2016 Medical Internship in Dublin

I knew I needed medical research experience for the field I want to go into, but I also have quite the travel bug. I did a lot of research trying to find out who could give me exactly what I wanted. Honestly, most of my time was spent figuring out which company was the most credible. I stumbled upon Connect 123 and contacted them right away. After a few conversations, I knew that they were the right choice. From there the process was so simple. They found me a healthcare research position and it was one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. I’ve never been afraid to go somewhere far on my own, so I didn’t have any initial reservations. I arrived in Dublin and felt right at home. Within an hour of being there, my program coordinator, Nikki, was at my doorstep and welcomed me with open arms. I think that made the transition easier than expected. She checked in with me every few weeks to make sure things were going smoothly and even arranged trips and meet-ups for everyone to get to know each other. My boss and coworkers were the greatest, most helpful people I probably could’ve worked with. They taught me so much about everything that goes into medical research and included me in everything they did. I was always made to feel like I was a part of the team, despite the fact that I was only going to be there for a short amount of time. Three months seems like an eternity, but even now it wasn’t enough time for me to explore the beautiful country that is Ireland. I now feel as though it is my second home. Nothing will ever compare to the time I spent living in Dublin, what I learned during my internship, and every person I met along the way.

Olivia

Medical Internship in Buenos Aires

I had been in many hospitals, volunteering and shadowing but never actually participating. Connect 1-2-3 gave me the opportunity to participate which in my opinion is the best way to learn something. One day I was working in orthopedics and a common thing that would occur would be replacing the bandage on hip implant patients. As I finished putting the bandage on the woman started to cry and gave me a huge hug. I will never forget that moment solely because even though we didn't speak the same language, there are some things that are universal. I have never felt more helpful than in that moment. Experiences similar to this one make this program so unique because it gives you the ability to experience and form connections that would've been impossible in other ways.

About Connect-123

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local...