Connect-123 Dublin Internships

Enjoy outdoor activities and short excursions
Giant's Causeway
Giant's Causeway
Galway blew me away!

Intern abroad in Dublin, Ireland with Connect-123! We offer an opportunity for you to gain international work experience in Dublin across a vast array of opportunities. From politics to publishing, from finance and engineering to film, Dublin is a top destination for an international internship program you won’t forget.

Whatever your interest, Connect-123 can find you an internship placement in Dublin to match.

Connect-123 offers custom internship opportunities suited to your interest and skills. Our program durations and start and end dates are flexible to fit your needs. Our local staff provide on-the-ground support before, during, and after your internship including housing assistance, in-depth orientation, social events, cultural activities, as well as career support and guidance. Contact us today!

Most Popular Internship Placements in Dublin:

• Medical and Health Care Internships: Ireland has a strong health care system in the European tradition. An excellent place to get international English-language healthcare experience. Based on your skills and backgrounds, placements are available across the entire spectrum of the health care industry.
  • Law Internships: Live and work in Ireland to expand your legal skills at one of a wide array of companies and organizations. Placements include international law, business law, human rights law, and environmental law.
  • Design Internships: Dublin was short-listed as the World Design Capital of 2014, and has a deep design aesthetic across urban design, interior design, graphic design and product design.
  • Film & Photography Internships: Dublin has a strong visual presence and is an increasingly popular film and still photography destination.
  • Environment & Sustainability Internships: The Emerald Isle works hard to maintain and improve its natural surroundings, so Dublin is a particularly powerful destination for an internship in environmental protection and sustainable development.
  • Marketing, PR, and Event Management Internships: Dublin is a hub for European business, and the country has a huge list of internationally-recognized festivals and events.
  • Human Rights Internships: There are many opportunities to intern at human rights organizations in Dublin, either at the government level or at think tanks, nonprofits, human rights watchdogs, and lobby groups to protect civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights in Ireland.
  • Business Internships: A favorable tax and business climate has made Dublin arguably the biggest destination for multinationals looking for a European headquarters.
  • Many more: Take a look at all of our Dublin internship categories.
  • Tailored placements! Connect-123’s experienced team finds unique, best-fit opportunities for you, related to your interests, goals and requirements.
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123’s partner network includes entrepreneurs, human rights organizations, engineering firms, advertising agencies and many more options!
  • Flexibility! Choose your arrival and departure dates, based on your schedule.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Connect-123 provides you with all the support you need!
  • Memories! Meet new friends from all over the world and make memories to last a lifetime!

Apply for Winter Internships

We are still placing students into our winter internships but there are only a few placements left in our most popular programs. Apply now to secure your spot!

Since dates are flexible and our program fee is the same for any duration, housing and meal costs are not included. In each destination, we can recommend screened, safe accommodation, in homestays or staying with other participants, according to your budget and preferences.
While high in career-related value, all internships are unpaid and organizations we work with understand that they need to provide “real” work experience that will benefit the intern.

Ivanna

Human Rights Internship

As an International Relations student, I was looking for the best option to make an internship abroad. I’m interested in global issues such as: international law, nationality, migration and human rights. Connect 123 made their best and I started to work in a non-profit organization which helps immigrants and refugees to get the naturalization in Dublin, Ireland. This experience is by far one of the best I’ve had as it helped me to grow professionally and personally. First of all, I was able to work in a multicultural environment. Each of my colleagues had different nationality; it helped me to discover new ways of working. Apart from that, I put in practice and strengthened the acquired knowledge during my studies, as I had to learn about Ireland’s immigration law and international treaties regarding asylum seekers and refugees. On a personal level, working with refugees and immigrants who are experiencing really difficult situations, made me realize that we need to raise consciousness when treating them in our countries. Every day they taught many things about life and to stay positive no matter what. On the other hand, knowing Irish society’s idiosyncrasy helped me to be more disciplined. Connect 123 was there before, during and after my internship. They picked me up at the airport and got me to my place; they always were in contact with me to know how my internship was going, and made events for my social integration. I want to invite Latin American’s students and young people to live this experience and to make more presence internationally.

Trust in Connect 123. They will help you with everything before, during and after your internship.
Cole

Summer Recording Studio Internship with Connect-123

My internship in Dublin had to have been one of the most valuable times in my life. Right off the bat, I was impressed with the placement they got me. I'm a student studying recording arts and music production, and Connect was able to hook me up at one of the premier recording studios in Ireland. Once I arrived in Dublin, Nikki and Rosie were there to help me adjust to living abroad, and made sure I was comfortable in my internship by giving me guidance and encouraging me to proceed independently. During the course of the summer, I was able to learn and excel in my internship, as well as travel all over Europe and see places I never would have otherwise. Connect-123 was sure to provide killer events and trips as well to help all of their interns explore Ireland to the fullest. I can't recommend Connect-123 enough!

Honestly I'm not sure. Really good all around.
Staci

Astronomy in Ireland!

After graduating college, I wanted to do a bit of travelling but also wanted to maintain a connection with my specialization. This is where Connect-123 came in. I wasn’t expecting them to find something that fit with my area of expertise because it’s not the most studied topic. However, they surprised me with a placement in a wonderful organization that allowed me to share my passion for astronomy. I will always be grateful for Connect-123’s hard work and dedication on finding me this internship in Dublin.

Dublin itself is a marvellous city with a vibrant atmosphere full of kind-hearted people. It’s difficult to walk down a street and not hear/see someone playing a musical instrument or entertaining passersby in some other way. I didn’t live in the city centre itself, but the public transportation system is very well laid out which made travelling quite easy. I stayed with a host family which was absolutely wonderful - I was able to delve right into Irish culture, and now I have a second family abroad!

The Dublin program coordinator is an absolute gem, and it’s obvious that she cares about your experience abroad from the first day you arrive. If you ever need anything or have an issue pop up, she is incredibly easy to reach and makes sure that you’re able to reach the other interns as well.

After completing my internship, I returned to the United States, and after a few months of anxious job-searching, I was fortunate enough to land my dream job as an outreach coordinator at NASA.

Thank you to Connect-123 for helping me to reach this huge goal of mine and for the stellar experience interning abroad!

Julian

Great Trip!

It was an amazing trip for me! I had so much fun working in my internship. I loved being able to see and care for so many different animals and help find them new homes. It helped me get ready for living on my own and taught me how to deal with awful roommates. But mostly, going on trips with the rest of the students and doing activities with Nikki Madden was the highlight of the trip. She was fantastic and her trips with us to Galway and the escape room we did were the highlights of my trip.

Have options to shift housing. I had two awful roommates out of a house of five and they made my life hell!
Maeve

Connect 123 Dublin Internship Experience

When it came to making plans for my summer, I knew that I wanted an internship and I knew that I wanted the experience of travelling abroad. Connect-123 provided the perfect combination of both. Not only did I learn a lot from my work experience, but I had the best 2 months spent making friends and using every spare moment to explore Dublin city and the entire country of Ireland. Connect-123 organized events to meet new people and explore the city as well as tips on surviving a new internship in a foreign country. I can’t help but feel like I’ll be leaving a piece of myself in Dublin, and am already planning on when I can come back. Thanks to Connect-123, I was able to have one of the best summers yet!

Better communication about details and things that need to be done prior to coming abroad
Craig

Growing Older and Wiser Through Connect-123's Internship Opportunity

If your looking to go abroad as well as gaining experience in your field of studies then Connect-123 is the program for you! I went to Dublin Ireland in the Fall of 2016 and my time spent there will be cherished for the rest of my life. The staff is extremely helpful in finding an internship to fit your interests. In the time I was their I interned for both a publishing company and a radio station working on tasks like promoting, journalism and presenting. Along with working in your field, Connect-123 also offers various opportunities to network with other people in the program as well as others who cross your path on this amazing journey! Thank-You Connect-123 for making this dream of going abroad become a reality.

Alexandria

My Internship Experience in Dublin

Being a part of Connect-123’s internship program was one of my best decisions I have ever made. I had always wanted to travel to Europe, so to be able to do so while pursuing my career path was an incredible opportunity for me. Soon enough, I found myself in Dublin taking in the Irish culture and taking full advantage of my journey.
In Dublin, I got a fantastic internship at Systems Biology Ireland, which helps to design therapeutic and personalized approaches to cancer. I got to be a part of truly integral and prestigious research. I worked in a top-notch facility, both in a wet lab and in an office performing analyses on breast cancer cells. It was one of the greatest learning experiences of my life so far. My supervisors were incredibly patient and kind when it came to my experiences working with them and learning from them.
Yet, besides my internship, I was fortunate enough to have the weekends to take full advantage of all that Ireland had to offer. I was blessed to be able to travel around the country, seeing castles, cliffs, and countryside, while taking in the history of this magnificent place. I got to be fully immersed in the culture, which is something that was so important to me, especially being of Irish descent myself. This only added to my incredible time spent here. I am grateful for my summer internship with Connect-123, and it has been a wonderful life-changing experience that I will be forever grateful for.

Maybe it could offer some free group events, since interns had to pay for most of them in addition to the program cost. Also, since we are picked up at the airport upon arrival, it would be nice to have a company drop us back off at the airport upon departure.
Jacob

What an experience in Dublin!

My internship at Trinity College Dublin gave me exactly what I wanted to know: what it what like to be an astrophysics graduate student. Connect-123 operates on a desirable platform: you give them your resume, cover letter, and required forms, and they go out to the city of your choice to find you an internship that matches best with your requests. When they get an offer, you can choose to either accept or pass on that specific opportunity. It's a low stress procedure, but remember that (even though I got exactly what I was looking for), it's, always possible that you don't match with a perfect internship.
Once I arrived in Dublin, I quickly made friends with my likeminded roommates, decided to go biking around Dublin, go to a traditional Irish pub that night, and tour the Old Jameson Distillery the morning after. There is so much to do in Dublin, and you can bus from one side of the city to the other painfully easily. Whether it's walking along the River Liffey, touring the Guinness Factory or hiking in the Wicklow Mountains, you will leave Dublin wanting to do more.

Inma

A life changing experience

I decided last minute I wanted to do an internship in Dublin and luckily, as fate would have it, I ended up applying for it in Connect 123. Lea in Barcelona just found the perfect internship for me that matched my career goals in just a matter of weeks. Next, I went to Ireland, my adoptive country for two months. Liat and Sarah were extremely helpful and crucial to make the most of my stay.

All my goals have been fully accomplished. First, I've gained a valuable experience in the field of education development and research in the NGO sector where I found a friendly work environment. second, I enjoyed again the opportunity to travel to an English-speaking country which is always my dream, and getting a better understanding of the world from first hand.Third, I learnt about myself and grew on a personal level.

Moreover, Dublin is a vibrant city with many interesting things to do and places to visit. What I liked most was that Dublin was easy to get around. You could easily do one-day trip to visit the Giants of causeway or Cliffs of Moher or whatever of its breathtaking landscapes in its surroundings. In a nutshell, it has been a memorable life changing experience.

Kirsten

Volunteer- Dublin Summer 2014

My summer in Dublin was absolutely incredible! I volunteered at a community resource centre helping with the planning and facilitating of a summer project, which provides a fun and safe environment for at-risk youth during their summer holiday. Connect-123 understood what type of opportunity I was looking for and worked with me every step of the way! Dublin is a beautiful city and it's relatively small size allowed for me to become acquainted to it in a short amount of time. I recommend to anyone to take an opportunity like this because the learning experience is unforgettable!!!

Kiru

An Amazing Experience!

My 8 weeks in Dublin were truly memorable. I had a lot of fun and learnt a lot during my internship as an executive intern. Dublin is just full of friendly and helpful people and it was easy to make friends and feel at home.

The process of applying for the internship, arriving in Ireland and settling down in my accommodation was very smooth and working with Connect-123 made my life much easier. For someone who was travelling away from home for the 1st time, and that too more than 13 hours away, applying with Connect-123 was comfortable and safe. I also got to live with and meet other interns from the programme, so I didn't feel alone.

I learnt a lot during my internship.The great thing about Connect-123 is that they monitor your progress at your internship and discuss with you your goals before and mid-way your internship, so that you have a clear picture on what you want to gain at the end of the experience. They are also very willing to help us during our stay there. I am glad that I cam to Dublin for my internship. I am definitely going to a plan a trip back!

Kate

A Great Opportunity in Every Way!

I can honestly say that living and working in Ireland for 2 months was the greatest, most rewarding experience of my life so far. I had a great place to stay at University College Dublin, a fantastic internship at Trinity, and was able to travel to new and exciting places every weekend. I could feel myself growing as a person every day--becoming more independent, developing my skills as a researcher, making new friends and long-lasting connections, and seeing sights that have been on my bucket list for a while (e.g. Giant's Causeway and Blarney Castle). By the end of the summer, I'd gotten to know Dublin so well I was giving Irish people directions! I'd highly recommend this experience to any college student--especially if, like me, it's your first time going abroad.

I'd have liked to have Fridays off for more travel time, though that's probably something I should have worked out with my supervisor. A breakdown of program expenses would be useful, too.
Bridget

Amazing Fall Dublin Internship!

Living abroad in Dublin was an incredible, life-changing experience. I spent three months there, but it was so hard to leave at the end, that I wish I could have stayed longer. The whole experience was very smooth right from the beginning. Connect-123 found me the perfect internship, performing research on the childhood cancer neuroblastoma at the University College Dublin. I didn’t have a whole lot of research experience before arriving, but everyone there was so friendly and willing to teach me, that I learned so much more than I could have imagined and feel more prepared for a future career in medicine.

In addition to exploring Dublin, I was able to travel around Ireland and other European countries. The scenery was so spectacular that I literally had to pinch myself to know it was real. Coming from Chicago, Dublin was a smaller city, but its charm and friendly people made me feel so at home. It has a rich history, great nightlife, and there was always something new to do and see. The Connect-123 events helped me get acclimated to the city as well as meet some great, life-long friends that I still keep in touch with. This was absolutely the experience of a lifetime, and I can’t wait to go back. I would recommend this internship and the opportunity to travel to Dublin to anyone and everyone!

Ann

Great Experience

I had a great experience in Dublin! It was nice to be picked up at the airport and have an orientation of the vital information that is needed when traveling abroad! It was also great to get to know people that were traveling to the same place. We first connected over Facebook and than we planned activities when we got to Dublin.

Adam

Dublin Experience!!!!

"During my last year of undergrauate studies at Eastern Washington University I decided that I wanted to work and gain experience abroad. I searched through hundreds of programs that provided assistance to students like me with finding internships abroad. I finally, after 2 months of searching found Connect-123. This program was a great fit for me because it wasn't to expensive and allowed me to stay as long as I wanted without having to pay additional costs for staying a certain period of time. The staff (Melanie and Daniela) were very helpful and provided all of us with everything we needed. Melanie set me up with the biggest coffee chain in Ireland and next thing you know I'm on a plane to Dublin.

My process of going to dublin was a little different than the rest of the group becuase I stayed 5 months and also had a part time job. Melanie and Daniela were very helpful in giving me information about the visa process. It was a very difficult process but in the end it all worked out.

My internship was two jobs in one because my internship was set up this way it allowed me to gain lots of experience and make some extra cash on the side. I worked as an intern four days a week in the office and as a part-time barista in the cafe 1-3 days a week. I learned alot about my field (marketing) and gained some experience within the coffee sector. The people I worked with were amazing and I will never forget them. I loved going in to work everyday because it was a blast. The good thing also was free coffee and lunch, not to mention all the treats I got to taste from propective clients wanting to put their treats in our stores.

Outside of work was an amazing experience to. I loved hanging out with my roommates and getting to know them. I had roomates from Italy, America, France. I also met a ton of amazing people along the way and got the chance to see them again after my internship was finished. Dublin for me was great because I just loved the culture and the atmosphere. Everyone was so nice and welcoming that it allowed me to just relax. Melanie and Daniela made sure our group got to see most of Ireland which was amazing and beautiful. I also did other trips with friends outside of our program as well. I had an amazing time in Dublin and I don't think words can really describe it, you have to just go and see for yourself.

At the end of my internship I was fortunate enough to get the chance to travel to Italy, Spain and Belgium. My roommates from Italy showed me around and I also did some couch surfing which was really great. I encourage everyone to try it.

Overall my time spent in Dublin was truly life changing and I will never forget it."

Program is really good. I would have liked to meet more of the people from the program but it was good overall.

Location:
57 F / 37 F
Airports:
Dublin
( DUB )

Dublin is the capital of the Republic of Ireland and is the largest city in the country teeming with pubs, castles, museums and Irish step dancing.

Alumni Interviews

About Connect-123

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local...