- Buenos Aires
View Other Details
- Tuition, 3 or 6 credits: The cost per credit depends on your program within The New School. For students outside The New School, each credit is based on the International Affairs per-credit cost.
- IFP program fee: $1,000 – This non-refundable fee covers administrative costs associated with the spring-summer program.
Additional Variable Costs:
- Airfare to and from the IFP location
- Local travel and transportation
- Living and personal expenses beyond housing
- Vaccinations and other medical expenses
Argentina’s political and economic ups and downs of the last two decades have influenced social movements, policy, and socio-economic conditions of all residents.
The Argentina IFP focuses on social policy, urban poverty, and inequality in the context of metropolitan Buenos Aires, the third-largest metropolitan area in Latin America, which produces 46 percent of Argentina’s GDP. The academic partner and host organization of the IFP is the Centro de Estudios de Ciudad (CEC), a research center at the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) focusing on urban issues. In the past, students have researched a variety of topics, including the emergence of social movements (e.g., the movement to legalize abortion in 2018), the effects of regional trade policies, and the role of community participation in relocation projects.