Connect-123 Buenos Aires Internships

Participate in an extraordinary international internship in Argentina that is personalized and tailored to your interests and expectations! Placements and opportunities exist in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the areas of health care, journalism, human rights, business, education, and film making, among many other fields.

Our local team in Buenos Aires has connections to an extensive network of local organizations, hospitals, schools and private companies, meaning we can identify and facilitate the best internship opportunity for you! If you are keen to improve your Spanish, opportunities can be arranged that require intermediate to advanced levels of Spanish. However, English speaking opportunities are also available.

Taking part in an international internship in Buenos Aires gives you the chance to develop your Spanish skills and work in one of South America's most dynamic cities.

Contact us today to kickstart your application for an internship of a lifetime in Buenos Aires!

• Tailored placements! Connect-123’s experienced team finds unique, best-fit opportunities for you, related to your interests, goals and requirements.
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123’s partner network includes entrepreneurs, human rights organizations, engineering firms, advertising agencies and many more options!
  • Flexibility! Choose your arrival and departure dates, based on your schedule.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Connect-123 provides you with all the support you need!
  • Our program deposit is completely refundable! While most organizations require a non-refundable deposit, we’re confident that you’ll love our service and that we’ll find the right placement for you.

Spencer

I Left a Part of Me in Buenos Aires

My first few weeks were rough: not from a "culture shock" perspective, but from the standpoint of fear of messing up my Spanish by talking to people. I also had hesitations about connecting with people at my internship: would they interact with me? Or just let me be there? Thankfully, after about a month, both of those concerns started to fade: I became much better about accepting that I may some silly things in Spanish, and that was okay. At my internship, the dental staff came to really accept me into their group. We didn't only talk about dentistry, but a few of us met up outside of the hospital for food, and little adventures through the Chinese District in Buenos Aires. I'm dedicated to going back to visit this great group, and my internship made these great moments of learning and growth possible!

If anything, I would advise for a better understanding of where the various grocery stores are directly around where someone is living. I had an introduction to the entirety of Buenos Aires at my initial meeting with my program leader, but in addition to this (or instead of), it would have been more useful for someone like me who is not inclined to be overly adventurous to know the surrounding layout a little more clearly.
Josh

A Rich Experience

My time in Buenos Aires was incredible. Both personally as well as professionally I grew so much in the last four months. The internship, cultural learnings and exchanges, and the language immersion were all such a big part of the experience. I encountered some issues at my first host organization, but through lots of meetings and communication with Connect-123 they were able to help me find a more suitable organization to intern with. It ended up being the government of Buenos Aires, in the department of sustainability and social responsibility. The work I was able to do was both impactful and hugely beneficial to the government itself. The office welcomed me warmly into the environment, and I was even given a mate by one of my coworkers! If you are a student recently graduated from high school or from college, or a student in the middle of their college career like me, I would highly recommend using Connect-123 to to coordinate your experience abroad. The experience is invaluable and will be unlike anything you might receive from a classroom.

Spencer

A Transformative Experience

There were three great gains I experience from this trip with Connect-123 that I would not have had if I had not traveled to Argentina. I discovered my future profession, Dentistry, by being able to shadow a very friendly dental staff. Additionally, I still keep in touch with people from my internship simply because we got a long so well. And finally I want to mention how greatly my Spanish developed: the people I came in contact with were understanding as I tried to discuss complex topics in Spanish.

In my time there, there were many group experiences set up by Connect-123. However, most of them involved talking and the overall "dinner" atmosphere. While this was great and I enjoyed these events, if they wanted to look for other experiences, they could think about more physical activities for the interns to do as a way to bond. This could include hikes or other kinds of excursions as such.
Blake

Just what you're looking for

Connect 123 offers a great fit for someone looking for an experience that goes beyond the traditional study abroad program. Regardless your level of experience with traveling, living or working abroad, Connect can help you find your place, get acquainted with the local environment and culture and settle into an exciting new chapter in your life.

I had been to Buenos Aires once before, and was looking for an experience that allowed me to use my previous knowledge of the place to live comfortably and authentically among the local population. Connect was crucial in helping me find a placement, filling me in with vital information I didn't know from previous experience (information about things like hospitals and the city layout) and offering weekly events where I could meet up with fellow travelers in a social setting. But they were also excellent about giving me the space I needed to find my own way. It really was the best of all possibilities with Connect, and I couldn't recommend them highly enough for someone looking for a unique experience that will set you apart.

Isa

Choose Connect!

Connect made my internship and trip abroad possible! I loved my time in Buenos Aires, and Connect provided support throughout my time there. Paula helped me explore the city and with any questions I had. I had a wonderful apartment, internship and made amazing friends through Connect. I traveled with Connect on my gap year and it was an incredible program. I would highly recommend Connect123 and Buenos Aires!

The price of the program is very high. It is comparable to other programs, however, and I really appreciated all their help. It was the perfect program for me!
Vei

Good and helpful organization, a bit pricey

Connect-123 have done a good job in setting me up with an internship that matches my academic background. They were very helpful in making sure I got the chance to talk well with the host organization before taking the internship. For my internship I was working outside of Buenos Aires, so I did not get to spend a lot of time with other interns or participate in the activities, but whenever visiting BA they were keen to connect me with other interns.

The internship itself was an enjoyable experience, but I'm not sure the skills I acquired there are very valuable for my future career. The internship felt more like volunteer work because of the focus on manual labor more than participation in the planning process. I would recommend accepting an internship that is certain to significantly improve your professional qualities.
The program fee is quite significant, so I would make sure this is really the best fit for you before accepting the internship.
One tip: try and learn to speak Spanish before coming to Argentina, and take Spanish classes in Buenos Aires. It'll make daily life much easier and more enjoyable!
Response from Connect-123

Thank you for feedback and we’re happy to hear that the internship was enjoyable and matched your academic background. We agree that it’s important to research and ask questions and, as part of the placement process, we help by setting up an interview between you and your future supervisor. It’s important to us — and to the local organizations we work with — that applicants have a full understanding of the role, before accepting an offer. If after asking questions you’re still not sure, you can either ask us to keep looking for other options or request a full refund.

Regarding costs, based on feedback from our university partners and other participants, while we’re not the cheapest, we provide great value for those looking for career-related internships and professional support, at affordable cost. We work with each applicant to keep costs low, finding housing options for you that fit your budget. For example, as part of your placement, you received free housing, which we hope helped offset some costs. We also actively help program alumni, by providing references, advice and contacts to help with your future job search back home or around the world.

Thank you again for your feedback and, as a new member of our alumni network, we look forward to continuing to help in the future!

Shanley

Choose Connect!

Right from the start I felt welcomed into my marketing internship experience. The first day I jumped right into hands-on tasks and learning the ins and out of the company. I was able to achieve a lot for the company and learned a ton of skills that I'm now taking with me to look for a career.

More day trips to surrounding areas- like the Tigre trip.
Jen

I don't want to leave!

I have learned a lot through my internship, but also through the city I have explored and the people I have met. Highly recommend! The staff is awesome and the people are so friendly. I truly enjoy going to Connect events, as well as my internship. I wish I didn't have to leave so soon!

claire

AMAZING experience

My work place was walking distance from where i was living so every day i would be able to walk through beautiful Buenos Aires to my internship, and it is beautiful. My work place were encouraging of me getting around and seeing beautiful Argentina and therefore flexible with my work times. The work experience its self was really great. i was given trust and responsibility through my time there and felt like i was truly helping to make a difference. Everyone was so friendly and through Connect 123 i made some friends fro life who truly made the journey a wonderful one.

Alice

It wasn't too bad...

My program experience was pretty good with Connect-123. The program lends itself to a lot of flexibility, depending on your preferences for what type of company or organization you would like to work. I appreciated that they went to great lengths to find an internship with an organization I liked and wanted to work for. I think the thing I was most unprepared for was living IN A CITY. Buenos Aires is HUGE. Coming from a background of suburbs and farmland, this was a huge shock to me and added to the stress of culture shock. I also was not prepared for the smoking. I had issues with people smoking in the house I was placed in, and Connect-123 was not very responsive to my complaints and requests to move housing. They said that I should have informed them of my severe second-hand smoke allergy. The one problem was this - ALL of the housing information I received from the program said their housing facilities are all non-smoking. If given this information, it seems logical to assume that I should not need to specify that I have a second-hand smoke allergy on my applications.
Apart from the smoking, the internship itself was great. I enjoyed working for the non-profit research organization where I was placed, including the people I worked with. The office was small, with only two other people working in my section, but I enjoyed the closeness with my coworkers and the ability to have open communication. However, I would say that I did get lucky in my placement. I spoke with a few other interns in B.A., and some of them were not happy with their placements because their bosses wished they had had a better/higher understanding of the Spanish language. Connect-123 says that it's okay to participate in their internships even if you don't know the native language of the country you're traveling to. Personally, I would recommend not looking in Buenos Aires if you're not in any way familiar with the Spanish language or only have an intermediate level. I was lucky enough to have a boss mostly fluent in English, but others on this program were not so lucky, and this definitely affected their overall experiences.

I would say that Connect-123 should be more honest with expectations of their applicants. I personally do not think the program should send applicants such as the ones I met into internships in places like hospitals and expect them to be fine trying to communicate with doctors and nurses. Many Argentines understand English well enough, but not enough to use it in a professional setting. To me, it seemed like this inhibited many interns from getting a fulfilling professional experience out of their time abroad.
Another thing I would recommend is to make sure to emphasize the benefits of taking Spanish classes while in Buenos Aires. I had a pretty good grasp of the language, but what I didn't realize was these classes would have allowed me to meet other students with whom I could socialize. I know I ended up a little lonely, especially since I rarely saw the other interns on the program. I wish someone running the program would have stressed to me how much of a great opportunity that would have been to meet new people instead of going out to bars or clubs.
Response from Connect-123

Thank you for your feedback and for mentioning your concerns. To clarify, all housing provided by Connect-123 is non-smoking however we cannot guarantee that housemates will not break the rules. As you’ll recall, we right away offered several solutions to you, ranging from evicting the housemate(s) breaking the rules to finding other accommodation for you. We also right away, within two days of your request to move, found new accommodation for you that you viewed and approved. Again, we’re very sorry that others were breaking the rules but the nature of living in shared accommodation with other students introduces variables that can be difficult to control.

Regarding disclosing health-related information to us in our application materials, it’s very important that we’re aware of any medical issues so that we can help students prepare, best set expectations, and make suggestions. We work hard to help all participants have extraordinary experiences and the more we know pre-trip, the better we can help!

Regarding Spanish language proficiency, while it’s of course important to set expectations, we do not have rigid requirements as each student has a unique set of skills to contribute and each local organization has a unique set of needs. While students with at least an intermediate level of Spanish have more options, we’ve received extraordinary feedback from non-Spanish speaking students as well as from their host organizations. These students also had the opportunity to improve their Spanish skills via our language school partner and many made extraordinary progress during their time in Buenos Aires. We include information about language classes in pre-trip communication and we apologize if the availability of classes wasn’t clear.

Again, thank you for your comments; we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your internship experience, we appreciate your suggestions, and as a member of our growing alumni network, we look forward to continuing to help in any way as your career progresses.

Jay

Best way to intern in Latin America

My internship and time in Buenos Aires exceeded my expectations. Connect-123 does a great job of matching you with an internship that is relevant to your career interests, as well as making sure your stay in Buenos Aires is comfortable and fun. While interning for two months, I got valuable international work experience that stood out on my resume when I applied for full-time jobs. I improved my Spanish, lived in an exciting city, made great friends from different countries, traveled all over Argentina, and overall had a lot of fun.

The selection of internships was more limited when I did the program in 2010 but now is much larger.
Christie

Health Internship in Buenos Aires

My two months in Argentina flew by! I clearly remember arriving, completely terrified of the unknown. Paula and Katie made sure to alleviate those fears the very first day and walked participants through the "need to know" facts about the city.
Connect-123 did a fantastic job placing me at my intern site. I had the chance to work at a hospital five days a week, rotating through different units that included trauma, gynecology, oncology, and cardiology. Having had all this exposure to different sides of medicine, I have a clearer picture of what I want to do in the future as I pursue a career in nursing.
Not only did I grow professionally, I also grew in my confidence with Spanish. Arguably, the best place for me to practice Spanish was in my home-stay, which was also set up by Connect-123. My home-stay was ideal, and I still keep in touch with my roommates from Argentina. We were able to explore the city together, and wow, does Buenos Aires have a lot going on!
I couldn't have dreamed of a better two months. Many thanks to Connect-123 for facilitating a life-changing and memorable stay. Hasta luego!

Jeremy

Professional development, language learning and a great time!

For two months this summer, I interned as a public policy and law researcher for a non-governmental organization that studies economic crimes - such as drug trafficking, money laundering, human trafficking and more. Before becoming involved with Connect-123, I very much wanted to gain work experience in this field. Thanks to Connect, I had the opportunity to do so.

My time in the office was very productive: I analyzed laws and governmental policies surrounding certain issues (I mostly worked on civil forfeiture and the illicit drug market) and I would write reports on them. My work felt valued and worthwhile.

Argentina was what I had hoped for and so much more, truly. Buenos Aires is a huge metropolis with something for everyone - concerts, cultural events, museums, and seemingly unlimited opportunities to pursue other niche interests. The local cuisine is very unique. It lends a lot from Italian (milanesa a la nepolitana, anyone?) but with a local twist characteristic of a country built by immigrants. My absolute favorite food was pizza from Güerrín - there's nothing like it in the States. So many other foods - empanadas, asado, choripan - are to die for too.

Focusing on Connect-123: They were very much invested in your success and your enjoyment of the program. The program coordinators were very friendly and often would go to social outings with us! This helped us get a footing in a foreign land and to learn the local customs. Connect also made sure that your housing and work was at expectations: my housing was perfect (I lived with an Argentinian family) and it was Connect who was able to make that contact happen.

There are also opportunities to travel during the program. I personally went to Mendoza, Argentina for a long weekend to see the Andes Mountains and vineyards. The views were breathtaking! There are plenty of other travel opportunities too - Iguazú Falls, Patagonia, Uruguay, and so much more. Connect-123 helped me get contacts for a productive weekend trip.

To conclude, I loved my experience in Argentina and with Connect. If you're looking for professional development and a good time, this could be the program for you!

The only problem I personally had was with the program-guaranteed cell phone. All in all, it took me around three weeks to get a working cell phone. My experience was uncharacteristic, though: most participants got their local phone within a day or two.
Sara

Unforgettable Experience with Connect-123 in Buenos Aires, Argentina

When I started university, I knew that I wanted to spend one semester abroad. I completed an internship with Connect-123 in Buenos Aires from February-June 2014 and it was the best decision I could have ever made.

I interned at two NGO's. One dealt primarily with issues affecting women and children with HIV/AIDS. My responsibilities included looking for funding, compiling a master list with the funder's requirements, explaining the grants and sending them to the organization, as well as the translation/revision of their entire website, many grant proposals, budgets and official e-mails. At this NGO I learnt a lot about non-profit work in Argentina, the inner-working of the UN, marketing, grant writing, budget creation and translation.

The second organization was a feminist non-profit that dealt with women's rights in the context of domestic or any type of violence. I was more independent at this internship and initiated my own project which was a creation of a blog for the organization. I also assisted them with a bit of translation and writing up material/preparing for workshops that they were to hold later in the year.

In both of my internships I learnt greatly about women's rights in Argentina, the inner workings of NGOs and the impact both groups are making domestically and internationally. My level of Spanish also went from barely speaking to conversational fluent in a matter of months.

In my free time, I met up with friends, explored the city, went out, ate some great food and also visited other regions in Argentina and countries in South America. Buenos Aires is really the gateway to many destinations and there are several ways to travel affordably.

I loved everything about Argentina: the food, the people, the expressions, the places, the cities, the music, literature, culture, nature and my apartment!

Thank you to Paula and Katie from Connect-123 for warmly welcoming me to BA and helping me make the best out of my experience.

I would highly suggest this for anyone to get out of their comfort zone and pursue international opportunities like this one so as to learn, be taught, share, travel and experience.

To have scholarships available for potential candidates as it is quite expensive.
Juliana

Amazing Experience!!!

I had the opportunity to participate in the perfect internship! Connect-123 offered me exactly what I was looking for and where very helpful during my process. At first I was afraid, but they made me feel like home. It's a great opportunity for personal and professional growth.

About Connect-123

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local...