Connect-123 Buenos Aires Internships

Federico the street artist
Traditional Argentine Dinner: locro y una empanada de verduras
Learn about the rich history of this South American city
Learn about the rich history of this South American city

Participate in an extraordinary international internship in Argentina that is personalized and tailored to your interests and expectations! Placements and opportunities exist in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the areas of health care, journalism, human rights, business, education, and film making, just to name a few!

Our local team in Buenos Aires has connections to an extensive network of local organizations, hospitals, schools and private companies, meaning we can identify and facilitate the best internship opportunity for you! If you are keen to improve your Spanish, opportunities can be arranged that require intermediate to advanced levels of Spanish. English speaking opportunities are also available.

Taking part in an international internship in Buenos Aires gives you the chance to develop your Spanish skills and work in one of South America's most dynamic cities. Contact us today to kickstart your application for an internship of a lifetime in Buenos Aires!

• Tailored placements! Connect-123’s experienced team finds unique, best-fit opportunities for you, related to your interests, goals and requirements.
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123’s partner network includes entrepreneurs, human rights organizations, engineering firms, advertising agencies and many more options!
  • Flexibility! Choose your arrival and departure dates, based on your schedule.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Connect-123 provides you with all the support you need!
  • Memories! Meet new friends from all over the world and make memories to last a lifetime!

Apply for Winter Internships

We are still placing students into our winter internships but there are only a few placements left in our most popular programs. Apply now to secure your spot!

Carly

Summer Internship 2019

My two month stay in Buenos Aires, Argentina was extremely transformative and more rewarding than I could have ever imagined. I interned at an organization that dedicates their efforts to the conservation of nature and promotes their values through education of the next generations. There I had the opportunity to write articles for their blog and conduct interviews with local contacts. My internship allowed me to learn about environmental issues and education in Argentina while developing professional skills like writing and doing research. Going into this experience I hadn’t spoken Spanish in years, but my supervisor and other staff were so kind, generous and patient that I was able to feel at ease practicing at the office. My work schedule allowed me plenty of time to explore the city and go on short trips with friends. Connect 123 organized some great cultural activities that allowed us to explore new parts of the city. This was my first time living in a big city, and Buenos Aires has so much to offer. This experience helped me to step out of my comfort zone and gain a lot of independence and confidence in myself while still feeling safe and supported. By the end of the summer, I felt really at home in Buenos Aires and plan to go back as soon as possible. Overall, I highly recommend this experience!

Hannah

Internship in Buenos Aires, Argentina

My time in Buenos Aires was absolutely amazing. I interned for a municipal government, and I had the opportunity to write two draft bills to present to the local council. This internship was a great way for me to refine my Spanish skills while learning more about how local government works. My working hours were very flexible, which allowed me to do a lot of traveling outside Buenos Aires. I was able to build lasting relationships with my co-workers, host family, friends that I met through this program, which is probably the biggest highlight of this journey for me. Being abroad isn't easy, but it's amazing how much you'll grow and learn in a little over two months. I would do it all again in a heartbeat. Nothing about this journey is as perfect as it may look in the pictures, so keep an open mind and be ready to learn from your mistakes - as long as you do that you'll have a great time!

Camille

Buenos Aires

My six months as an intern with Connect-123 was an incredible learning experience. I met so many wonderful people at my internship, in Buenos Aires and around Argentina. I have returned to the US with skills I can carry with me for the rest of my life, as well as long-lasting friendships and amazing memories. My time at my internship as well as in Buenos Aires was eye-opening, fun, and challenged me to grow as a person and I think everyone should do something similar at some point. I would absolutely recommend Connect 123 and of course, Buenos Aires. I would do this internship not only for the work experience but for the life experience. Being able to travel around Argentina and the surrounding countries exposed me to different ways of living and helped me grow as a person. I can’t wait to go back!

The partner organization for my internship was not the most engaging to work for.
Will

My Summer 2016 Experience:

Just over three years ago, an internship through Connect-123 launched my professional career. Specifically, I spent the summer of 2016 interning for a logistics company in Buenos Aires, Argentina. During my internship, not only did I gain valuable working experience, I increased my language capabilities as well. As a Spanish major in college, I wanted to have an experience where I could practice my conversational and workplace Spanish and this internship was a perfect opportunity to do that. In addition to the internship, my time in Buenos Aires allowed me to learn about Argentine culture and live like a local Porteño. Activities organized by the local Connect-123 advisor gives you the chance to have plenty to do and meet other interns. Furthermore, the housing accommodation allowed me to make friends with people from around the world.
My experience with Connect-123 was so positive, that when I had the opportunity to visit Buenos Aires last year, I made sure I saw my former workplace, supervisor, and program advisor. Recently, I accepted a full-time position with a company in the logistics industry and I give credit to the Connect-123 program for giving me the needed experience to be in the position I am in now.

Reyhan

Summer internship in Buenos Aires, 2018

My sustainable development internship with Connect-123 in Buenos Aires over the summer was one of the most interesting and insightful things I've done. Not only did I learn about working in a foreign country and a new language, I learned how to adapt to unexpected situations at work, as well as voice my concerns with my supervisor. I met some of the most amazing people, made lifelong friends, and traveled to fantastic places such as Iguazú and Colonia del Sacramento in Uruguay. The two most important takeaways for me were learning Spanish and figuring out how to push myself and get out of my comfort zone. It was hands down one the best things I've done!

Spencer

I Left a Part of Me in Buenos Aires

My first few weeks were rough: not from a "culture shock" perspective, but from the standpoint of fear of messing up my Spanish by talking to people. I also had hesitations about connecting with people at my internship: would they interact with me? Or just let me be there? Thankfully, after about a month, both of those concerns started to fade: I became much better about accepting that I may some silly things in Spanish, and that was okay. At my internship, the dental staff came to really accept me into their group. We didn't only talk about dentistry, but a few of us met up outside of the hospital for food, and little adventures through the Chinese District in Buenos Aires. I'm dedicated to going back to visit this great group, and my internship made these great moments of learning and growth possible!

If anything, I would advise for a better understanding of where the various grocery stores are directly around where someone is living. I had an introduction to the entirety of Buenos Aires at my initial meeting with my program leader, but in addition to this (or instead of), it would have been more useful for someone like me who is not inclined to be overly adventurous to know the surrounding layout a little more clearly.
Josh

A Rich Experience

My time in Buenos Aires was incredible. Both personally as well as professionally I grew so much in the last four months. The internship, cultural learnings and exchanges, and the language immersion were all such a big part of the experience. I encountered some issues at my first host organization, but through lots of meetings and communication with Connect-123 they were able to help me find a more suitable organization to intern with. It ended up being the government of Buenos Aires, in the department of sustainability and social responsibility. The work I was able to do was both impactful and hugely beneficial to the government itself. The office welcomed me warmly into the environment, and I was even given a mate by one of my coworkers! If you are a student recently graduated from high school or from college, or a student in the middle of their college career like me, I would highly recommend using Connect-123 to to coordinate your experience abroad. The experience is invaluable and will be unlike anything you might receive from a classroom.

Read my full story
Spencer

A Transformative Experience

There were three great gains I experience from this trip with Connect-123 that I would not have had if I had not traveled to Argentina. I discovered my future profession, Dentistry, by being able to shadow a very friendly dental staff. Additionally, I still keep in touch with people from my internship simply because we got a long so well. And finally I want to mention how greatly my Spanish developed: the people I came in contact with were understanding as I tried to discuss complex topics in Spanish.

In my time there, there were many group experiences set up by Connect-123. However, most of them involved talking and the overall "dinner" atmosphere. While this was great and I enjoyed these events, if they wanted to look for other experiences, they could think about more physical activities for the interns to do as a way to bond. This could include hikes or other kinds of excursions as such.
Blake

Just what you're looking for

Connect 123 offers a great fit for someone looking for an experience that goes beyond the traditional study abroad program. Regardless your level of experience with traveling, living or working abroad, Connect can help you find your place, get acquainted with the local environment and culture and settle into an exciting new chapter in your life.

I had been to Buenos Aires once before, and was looking for an experience that allowed me to use my previous knowledge of the place to live comfortably and authentically among the local population. Connect was crucial in helping me find a placement, filling me in with vital information I didn't know from previous experience (information about things like hospitals and the city layout) and offering weekly events where I could meet up with fellow travelers in a social setting. But they were also excellent about giving me the space I needed to find my own way. It really was the best of all possibilities with Connect, and I couldn't recommend them highly enough for someone looking for a unique experience that will set you apart.

Isa

Choose Connect!

Connect made my internship and trip abroad possible! I loved my time in Buenos Aires, and Connect provided support throughout my time there. Paula helped me explore the city and with any questions I had. I had a wonderful apartment, internship and made amazing friends through Connect. I traveled with Connect on my gap year and it was an incredible program. I would highly recommend Connect123 and Buenos Aires!

The price of the program is very high. It is comparable to other programs, however, and I really appreciated all their help. It was the perfect program for me!
Vei

Good and helpful organization, a bit pricey

Connect-123 have done a good job in setting me up with an internship that matches my academic background. They were very helpful in making sure I got the chance to talk well with the host organization before taking the internship. For my internship I was working outside of Buenos Aires, so I did not get to spend a lot of time with other interns or participate in the activities, but whenever visiting BA they were keen to connect me with other interns.

The internship itself was an enjoyable experience, but I'm not sure the skills I acquired there are very valuable for my future career. The internship felt more like volunteer work because of the focus on manual labor more than participation in the planning process. I would recommend accepting an internship that is certain to significantly improve your professional qualities.
The program fee is quite significant, so I would make sure this is really the best fit for you before accepting the internship.
One tip: try and learn to speak Spanish before coming to Argentina, and take Spanish classes in Buenos Aires. It'll make daily life much easier and more enjoyable!
Response from Connect-123

Thank you for feedback and we’re happy to hear that the internship was enjoyable and matched your academic background. We agree that it’s important to research and ask questions and, as part of the placement process, we help by setting up an interview between you and your future supervisor. It’s important to us — and to the local organizations we work with — that applicants have a full understanding of the role, before accepting an offer. If after asking questions you’re still not sure, you can either ask us to keep looking for other options or request a full refund.

Regarding costs, based on feedback from our university partners and other participants, while we’re not the cheapest, we provide great value for those looking for career-related internships and professional support, at affordable cost. We work with each applicant to keep costs low, finding housing options for you that fit your budget. For example, as part of your placement, you received free housing, which we hope helped offset some costs. We also actively help program alumni, by providing references, advice and contacts to help with your future job search back home or around the world.

Thank you again for your feedback and, as a new member of our alumni network, we look forward to continuing to help in the future!

Shanley

Choose Connect!

Right from the start I felt welcomed into my marketing internship experience. The first day I jumped right into hands-on tasks and learning the ins and out of the company. I was able to achieve a lot for the company and learned a ton of skills that I'm now taking with me to look for a career.

More day trips to surrounding areas- like the Tigre trip.
Jen

I don't want to leave!

I have learned a lot through my internship, but also through the city I have explored and the people I have met. Highly recommend! The staff is awesome and the people are so friendly. I truly enjoy going to Connect events, as well as my internship. I wish I didn't have to leave so soon!

claire

AMAZING experience

My work place was walking distance from where i was living so every day i would be able to walk through beautiful Buenos Aires to my internship, and it is beautiful. My work place were encouraging of me getting around and seeing beautiful Argentina and therefore flexible with my work times. The work experience its self was really great. i was given trust and responsibility through my time there and felt like i was truly helping to make a difference. Everyone was so friendly and through Connect 123 i made some friends fro life who truly made the journey a wonderful one.

Alice

It wasn't too bad...

My program experience was pretty good with Connect-123. The program lends itself to a lot of flexibility, depending on your preferences for what type of company or organization you would like to work. I appreciated that they went to great lengths to find an internship with an organization I liked and wanted to work for. I think the thing I was most unprepared for was living IN A CITY. Buenos Aires is HUGE. Coming from a background of suburbs and farmland, this was a huge shock to me and added to the stress of culture shock. I also was not prepared for the smoking. I had issues with people smoking in the house I was placed in, and Connect-123 was not very responsive to my complaints and requests to move housing. They said that I should have informed them of my severe second-hand smoke allergy. The one problem was this - ALL of the housing information I received from the program said their housing facilities are all non-smoking. If given this information, it seems logical to assume that I should not need to specify that I have a second-hand smoke allergy on my applications.
Apart from the smoking, the internship itself was great. I enjoyed working for the non-profit research organization where I was placed, including the people I worked with. The office was small, with only two other people working in my section, but I enjoyed the closeness with my coworkers and the ability to have open communication. However, I would say that I did get lucky in my placement. I spoke with a few other interns in B.A., and some of them were not happy with their placements because their bosses wished they had had a better/higher understanding of the Spanish language. Connect-123 says that it's okay to participate in their internships even if you don't know the native language of the country you're traveling to. Personally, I would recommend not looking in Buenos Aires if you're not in any way familiar with the Spanish language or only have an intermediate level. I was lucky enough to have a boss mostly fluent in English, but others on this program were not so lucky, and this definitely affected their overall experiences.

I would say that Connect-123 should be more honest with expectations of their applicants. I personally do not think the program should send applicants such as the ones I met into internships in places like hospitals and expect them to be fine trying to communicate with doctors and nurses. Many Argentines understand English well enough, but not enough to use it in a professional setting. To me, it seemed like this inhibited many interns from getting a fulfilling professional experience out of their time abroad.
Another thing I would recommend is to make sure to emphasize the benefits of taking Spanish classes while in Buenos Aires. I had a pretty good grasp of the language, but what I didn't realize was these classes would have allowed me to meet other students with whom I could socialize. I know I ended up a little lonely, especially since I rarely saw the other interns on the program. I wish someone running the program would have stressed to me how much of a great opportunity that would have been to meet new people instead of going out to bars or clubs.
Response from Connect-123

Thank you for your feedback and for mentioning your concerns. To clarify, all housing provided by Connect-123 is non-smoking however we cannot guarantee that housemates will not break the rules. As you’ll recall, we right away offered several solutions to you, ranging from evicting the housemate(s) breaking the rules to finding other accommodation for you. We also right away, within two days of your request to move, found new accommodation for you that you viewed and approved. Again, we’re very sorry that others were breaking the rules but the nature of living in shared accommodation with other students introduces variables that can be difficult to control.

Regarding disclosing health-related information to us in our application materials, it’s very important that we’re aware of any medical issues so that we can help students prepare, best set expectations, and make suggestions. We work hard to help all participants have extraordinary experiences and the more we know pre-trip, the better we can help!

Regarding Spanish language proficiency, while it’s of course important to set expectations, we do not have rigid requirements as each student has a unique set of skills to contribute and each local organization has a unique set of needs. While students with at least an intermediate level of Spanish have more options, we’ve received extraordinary feedback from non-Spanish speaking students as well as from their host organizations. These students also had the opportunity to improve their Spanish skills via our language school partner and many made extraordinary progress during their time in Buenos Aires. We include information about language classes in pre-trip communication and we apologize if the availability of classes wasn’t clear.

Again, thank you for your comments; we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your internship experience, we appreciate your suggestions, and as a member of our growing alumni network, we look forward to continuing to help in any way as your career progresses.

Location:
Ministro Pistarini International
( EZE )
El Palomar
( EPA )

There is no better place to take up a new hobby (or two) than Buenos Aires, Argentina. If you are looking to try tango, cooking, photography, or painting; this vibrant city is a thriving community for creators.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Connect-123

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local...