Connect-123 Buenos Aires Internships

Connect-123 Buenos Aires Internships

Participate in this extraordinary international internship that is personalized and tailored to your interests and expectations. Work with Connect-123 and find yourself in an internship in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the areas of health care, journalism, human rights, business, education, and film making, among many other fields. Taking part in an international internship in Buenos Aires gives you the chance to develop you Spanish skills and work in one of South America's most dynamic cities.

• Tailored placements! Connect-123 staff works with every intern to secure a placement in the field of their choice. An international internship in Buenos Aires will fit your interests and professional field; so you can rest assured that you're in for a rew
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123 works with top organizations in Buenos Aires to bring you the best internship opportunities. You have the opportunity to work with healthcare organizations, NGO's as well as businesses. Whatever your interests are, Connect-1
  • Service! The Connect-123 team in Buenos Aires will provide you with support before, during, and after your trip! From pre-trip planning to on-the-ground-support to career guidance, Connect-123 has all the right tools to help you succeed!
  • Flexibility! Intern anywhere from 2-6 months. Whatever you constraints, an internship in Buenos Aires can be arranged to best fit your schedule.
  • Our program deposit is completely refundable! Most organizations require a non-refundable deposit, which they justify by pointing to the amount of work required to put together an internship or volunteer work placement. Connect-123's policy is different
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
South America » Argentina
Resume
Phone / Skype Interview
Weekly Hours

Helen
Knoxville, TN
Rice University

Connect is a great option for a gap year!

During my gap year before starting as a freshman at Rice University, I interned for 3 months as a teacher’s assistant at a preschool in Buenos Aires. It was a super great experience: my Spanish skills improved tremendously, I gained valuable experience working with children, and I immersed myself in the porteño culture. My internship was certainly hard at times, mostly because of the language barrier between myself and the other teachers, I was enriched so much by getting to spend time with such adorable children.

Outside my internship, I loved taking classes at the language school Connect referred me too. The teachers there were excellent and I made friends with several of the other students there from Europe and the US. This was my first time living on my own, which presented some of the biggest challenges of my trip, but Paula (the program coordinator) was always there if I needed help. I like the way being a Connect intern provided me with a network of new friends to explore Buenos Aires and Argentina with. There were many planned activities us interns could join in on, but Connect was appropriately hands-off so that our experiences could be as unstructured as we wanted. We were in charge of shaping our own experiences. The highlight of my 3-month time in Argentina was the trip I took to Patagonia with some friends from Connect.

I would certainly recommend a Connect internship to anyone looking for an educational and fun experience that can be as structured or as free as you wish.

Blake
Buffalo, NY
University at Buffalo- SUNY

Just what you're looking for

Connect 123 offers a great fit for someone looking for an experience that goes beyond the traditional study abroad program. Regardless your level of experience with traveling, living or working abroad, Connect can help you find your place, get acquainted with the local environment and culture and settle into an exciting new chapter in your life.

I had been to Buenos Aires once before, and was looking for an experience that allowed me to use my previous knowledge of the place to live comfortably and authentically among the local population. Connect was crucial in helping me find a placement, filling me in with vital information I didn't know from previous experience (information about things like hospitals and the city layout) and offering weekly events where I could meet up with fellow travelers in a social setting. But they were also excellent about giving me the space I needed to find my own way. It really was the best of all possibilities with Connect, and I couldn't recommend them highly enough for someone looking for a unique experience that will set you apart.

Isa
New York, New York

Choose Connect!

Connect made my internship and trip abroad possible! I loved my time in Buenos Aires, and Connect provided support throughout my time there. Paula helped me explore the city and with any questions I had. I had a wonderful apartment, internship and made amazing friends through Connect. I traveled with Connect on my gap year and it was an incredible program. I would highly recommend Connect123 and Buenos Aires!

The price of the program is very high. It is comparable to other programs, however, and I really appreciated all their help. It was the perfect program for me!

Vei
Netherlands

Good and helpful organization, a bit pricey

Connect-123 have done a good job in setting me up with an internship that matches my academic background. They were very helpful in making sure I got the chance to talk well with the host organization before taking the internship. For my internship I was working outside of Buenos Aires, so I did not get to spend a lot of time with other interns or participate in the activities, but whenever visiting BA they were keen to connect me with other interns.

The internship itself was an enjoyable experience, but I'm not sure the skills I acquired there are very valuable for my future career. The internship felt more like volunteer work because of the focus on manual labor more than participation in the planning process. I would recommend accepting an internship that is certain to significantly improve your professional qualities.
The program fee is quite significant, so I would make sure this is really the best fit for you before accepting the internship.
One tip: try and learn to speak Spanish before coming to Argentina, and take Spanish classes in Buenos Aires. It'll make daily life much easier and more enjoyable!

Response from Connect-123

Thank you for feedback and we’re happy to hear that the internship was enjoyable and matched your academic background. We agree that it’s important to research and ask questions and, as part of the placement process, we help by setting up an interview between you and your future supervisor. It’s important to us — and to the local organizations we work with — that applicants have a full understanding of the role, before accepting an offer. If after asking questions you’re still not sure, you can either ask us to keep looking for other options or request a full refund.

Regarding costs, based on feedback from our university partners and other participants, while we’re not the cheapest, we provide great value for those looking for career-related internships and professional support, at affordable cost. We work with each applicant to keep costs low, finding housing options for you that fit your budget. For example, as part of your placement, you received free housing, which we hope helped offset some costs. We also actively help program alumni, by providing references, advice and contacts to help with your future job search back home or around the world.

Thank you again for your feedback and, as a new member of our alumni network, we look forward to continuing to help in the future!

Shanley
San Francisco
Santa Clara University

Choose Connect!

Right from the start I felt welcomed into my marketing internship experience. The first day I jumped right into hands-on tasks and learning the ins and out of the company. I was able to achieve a lot for the company and learned a ton of skills that I'm now taking with me to look for a career.

More day trips to surrounding areas- like the Tigre trip.

Jen
Boston
Northeastern University

I don't want to leave!

I have learned a lot through my internship, but also through the city I have explored and the people I have met. Highly recommend! The staff is awesome and the people are so friendly. I truly enjoy going to Connect events, as well as my internship. I wish I didn't have to leave so soon!

claire
Adelaide, Australia
University of South Australia

AMAZING experience

My work place was walking distance from where i was living so every day i would be able to walk through beautiful Buenos Aires to my internship, and it is beautiful. My work place were encouraging of me getting around and seeing beautiful Argentina and therefore flexible with my work times. The work experience its self was really great. i was given trust and responsibility through my time there and felt like i was truly helping to make a difference. Everyone was so friendly and through Connect 123 i made some friends fro life who truly made the journey a wonderful one.

Alice
Muncie, IN
Ball State University

It wasn't too bad...

My program experience was pretty good with Connect-123. The program lends itself to a lot of flexibility, depending on your preferences for what type of company or organization you would like to work. I appreciated that they went to great lengths to find an internship with an organization I liked and wanted to work for. I think the thing I was most unprepared for was living IN A CITY. Buenos Aires is HUGE. Coming from a background of suburbs and farmland, this was a huge shock to me and added to the stress of culture shock. I also was not prepared for the smoking. I had issues with people smoking in the house I was placed in, and Connect-123 was not very responsive to my complaints and requests to move housing. They said that I should have informed them of my severe second-hand smoke allergy. The one problem was this - ALL of the housing information I received from the program said their housing facilities are all non-smoking. If given this information, it seems logical to assume that I should not need to specify that I have a second-hand smoke allergy on my applications.
Apart from the smoking, the internship itself was great. I enjoyed working for the non-profit research organization where I was placed, including the people I worked with. The office was small, with only two other people working in my section, but I enjoyed the closeness with my coworkers and the ability to have open communication. However, I would say that I did get lucky in my placement. I spoke with a few other interns in B.A., and some of them were not happy with their placements because their bosses wished they had had a better/higher understanding of the Spanish language. Connect-123 says that it's okay to participate in their internships even if you don't know the native language of the country you're traveling to. Personally, I would recommend not looking in Buenos Aires if you're not in any way familiar with the Spanish language or only have an intermediate level. I was lucky enough to have a boss mostly fluent in English, but others on this program were not so lucky, and this definitely affected their overall experiences.

I would say that Connect-123 should be more honest with expectations of their applicants. I personally do not think the program should send applicants such as the ones I met into internships in places like hospitals and expect them to be fine trying to communicate with doctors and nurses. Many Argentines understand English well enough, but not enough to use it in a professional setting. To me, it seemed like this inhibited many interns from getting a fulfilling professional experience out of their time abroad.
Another thing I would recommend is to make sure to emphasize the benefits of taking Spanish classes while in Buenos Aires. I had a pretty good grasp of the language, but what I didn't realize was these classes would have allowed me to meet other students with whom I could socialize. I know I ended up a little lonely, especially since I rarely saw the other interns on the program. I wish someone running the program would have stressed to me how much of a great opportunity that would have been to meet new people instead of going out to bars or clubs.

Response from Connect-123

Thank you for your feedback and for mentioning your concerns. To clarify, all housing provided by Connect-123 is non-smoking however we cannot guarantee that housemates will not break the rules. As you’ll recall, we right away offered several solutions to you, ranging from evicting the housemate(s) breaking the rules to finding other accommodation for you. We also right away, within two days of your request to move, found new accommodation for you that you viewed and approved. Again, we’re very sorry that others were breaking the rules but the nature of living in shared accommodation with other students introduces variables that can be difficult to control.

Regarding disclosing health-related information to us in our application materials, it’s very important that we’re aware of any medical issues so that we can help students prepare, best set expectations, and make suggestions. We work hard to help all participants have extraordinary experiences and the more we know pre-trip, the better we can help!

Regarding Spanish language proficiency, while it’s of course important to set expectations, we do not have rigid requirements as each student has a unique set of skills to contribute and each local organization has a unique set of needs. While students with at least an intermediate level of Spanish have more options, we’ve received extraordinary feedback from non-Spanish speaking students as well as from their host organizations. These students also had the opportunity to improve their Spanish skills via our language school partner and many made extraordinary progress during their time in Buenos Aires. We include information about language classes in pre-trip communication and we apologize if the availability of classes wasn’t clear.

Again, thank you for your comments; we’re thrilled that you enjoyed your internship experience, we appreciate your suggestions, and as a member of our growing alumni network, we look forward to continuing to help in any way as your career progresses.

Jay
Buenos Aires
Davidson College

Best way to intern in Latin America

My internship and time in Buenos Aires exceeded my expectations. Connect-123 does a great job of matching you with an internship that is relevant to your career interests, as well as making sure your stay in Buenos Aires is comfortable and fun. While interning for two months, I got valuable international work experience that stood out on my resume when I applied for full-time jobs. I improved my Spanish, lived in an exciting city, made great friends from different countries, traveled all over Argentina, and overall had a lot of fun.

The selection of internships was more limited when I did the program in 2010 but now is much larger.

Christie
Charlotte, North Carolina
University of North Carolina- Charlotte

Health Internship in Buenos Aires

My two months in Argentina flew by! I clearly remember arriving, completely terrified of the unknown. Paula and Katie made sure to alleviate those fears the very first day and walked participants through the "need to know" facts about the city.
Connect-123 did a fantastic job placing me at my intern site. I had the chance to work at a hospital five days a week, rotating through different units that included trauma, gynecology, oncology, and cardiology. Having had all this exposure to different sides of medicine, I have a clearer picture of what I want to do in the future as I pursue a career in nursing.
Not only did I grow professionally, I also grew in my confidence with Spanish. Arguably, the best place for me to practice Spanish was in my home-stay, which was also set up by Connect-123. My home-stay was ideal, and I still keep in touch with my roommates from Argentina. We were able to explore the city together, and wow, does Buenos Aires have a lot going on!
I couldn't have dreamed of a better two months. Many thanks to Connect-123 for facilitating a life-changing and memorable stay. Hasta luego!

Jeremy
Columbus, Ohio
Ohio State University

Professional development, language learning and a great time!

For two months this summer, I interned as a public policy and law researcher for a non-governmental organization that studies economic crimes - such as drug trafficking, money laundering, human trafficking and more. Before becoming involved with Connect-123, I very much wanted to gain work experience in this field. Thanks to Connect, I had the opportunity to do so.

My time in the office was very productive: I analyzed laws and governmental policies surrounding certain issues (I mostly worked on civil forfeiture and the illicit drug market) and I would write reports on them. My work felt valued and worthwhile.

Argentina was what I had hoped for and so much more, truly. Buenos Aires is a huge metropolis with something for everyone - concerts, cultural events, museums, and seemingly unlimited opportunities to pursue other niche interests. The local cuisine is very unique. It lends a lot from Italian (milanesa a la nepolitana, anyone?) but with a local twist characteristic of a country built by immigrants. My absolute favorite food was pizza from Güerrín - there's nothing like it in the States. So many other foods - empanadas, asado, choripan - are to die for too.

Focusing on Connect-123: They were very much invested in your success and your enjoyment of the program. The program coordinators were very friendly and often would go to social outings with us! This helped us get a footing in a foreign land and to learn the local customs. Connect also made sure that your housing and work was at expectations: my housing was perfect (I lived with an Argentinian family) and it was Connect who was able to make that contact happen.

There are also opportunities to travel during the program. I personally went to Mendoza, Argentina for a long weekend to see the Andes Mountains and vineyards. The views were breathtaking! There are plenty of other travel opportunities too - Iguazú Falls, Patagonia, Uruguay, and so much more. Connect-123 helped me get contacts for a productive weekend trip.

To conclude, I loved my experience in Argentina and with Connect. If you're looking for professional development and a good time, this could be the program for you!

The only problem I personally had was with the program-guaranteed cell phone. All in all, it took me around three weeks to get a working cell phone. My experience was uncharacteristic, though: most participants got their local phone within a day or two.

Sara
Montreal, Quebec
McGill University

Unforgettable Experience with Connect-123 in Buenos Aires, Argentina

When I started university, I knew that I wanted to spend one semester abroad. I completed an internship with Connect-123 in Buenos Aires from February-June 2014 and it was the best decision I could have ever made.

I interned at two NGO's. One dealt primarily with issues affecting women and children with HIV/AIDS. My responsibilities included looking for funding, compiling a master list with the funder's requirements, explaining the grants and sending them to the organization, as well as the translation/revision of their entire website, many grant proposals, budgets and official e-mails. At this NGO I learnt a lot about non-profit work in Argentina, the inner-working of the UN, marketing, grant writing, budget creation and translation.

The second organization was a feminist non-profit that dealt with women's rights in the context of domestic or any type of violence. I was more independent at this internship and initiated my own project which was a creation of a blog for the organization. I also assisted them with a bit of translation and writing up material/preparing for workshops that they were to hold later in the year.

In both of my internships I learnt greatly about women's rights in Argentina, the inner workings of NGOs and the impact both groups are making domestically and internationally. My level of Spanish also went from barely speaking to conversational fluent in a matter of months.

In my free time, I met up with friends, explored the city, went out, ate some great food and also visited other regions in Argentina and countries in South America. Buenos Aires is really the gateway to many destinations and there are several ways to travel affordably.

I loved everything about Argentina: the food, the people, the expressions, the places, the cities, the music, literature, culture, nature and my apartment!

Thank you to Paula and Katie from Connect-123 for warmly welcoming me to BA and helping me make the best out of my experience.

I would highly suggest this for anyone to get out of their comfort zone and pursue international opportunities like this one so as to learn, be taught, share, travel and experience.

To have scholarships available for potential candidates as it is quite expensive.

Juliana
PR

Amazing Experience!!!

I had the opportunity to participate in the perfect internship! Connect-123 offered me exactly what I was looking for and where very helpful during my process. At first I was afraid, but they made me feel like home. It's a great opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Vanessa
California
University of California- Santa Barbara

Connect-123 Buenos Aires was the most amazing year of my life.

Everything about my Buenos Aires experience was wonderful. I was able to pick a meaningful internship that was not only relevant to my university degree but also allowed me to have a traveling gap year that didn't sacrifice my professional development. The program staff was always available to answer any questions I had, from the best method to get across town, to where to find certain food items, to their favorite weekend vacation spot. Buenos Aires itself is a wonderful city with an indescribably vibrant culture that you need to immerse yourself in to fully understand. I met some of the greatest people in the world and improved my Spanish to a near fluent level. I really cannot recommend Connect-123 and Buenos Aires higher, and I feel so fortunate to have been able to partake in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

The biggest regret of my time in Argentina was that I was unable to go to a soccer game. Connect-123 had organized one soccer event that happened to fall when I was out of town, so if I had to recommend one change, it would be to make sure you attend an Argentine soccer game, no matter what you have to sacrifice to do so!

Ben
Singapore

Time of My Life

A once-in-a-lifetime experience. Connect-123 staff were really helpful. Picked up Spanish. Traveled to so many places in Argentina. Breathtaking natural landscapes. Totally recommend it to anyone who wishes to have an adventure of a lifetime!

tb11
Dartmouth College

GREAT!!!!

Paula and Katie were amazing mentors throughout the entire process! They helped me find a wonderful internship, found a beautiful place for me to live, and checked in on me to make sure I was doing well. I strongly recommend Connect 123, their staff is unparalleled!

If I were to change one aspect of the program, I would have chosen a more interactive internship. While Paula and Katie found a great job for me, the work itself was not that meaningful.

nb123
NJ

Fantastic!

The Connect-123 program had a fantastic support system and built the my experience from the ground up. Because of this, there is almost no reason why you SHOULDN'T be happy with the experience. The staff is readily available to help you with any problems you have even when they aren't in the office. I had a fantastic time in Argentina this summer!

My host family made me feel a part of the family. I regularly ate dinner with them and we watched TV together and talked. It was a great way to improve my Spanish!

I also worked 5 days a week doing marketing research for a small company. Everyone in the office was incredibly friendly and willing to teach me anything I wanted to know!

I really can't say enough about my experience. If you are looking into abroad program for whatever reason, strongly consider Connect-123!

LeeWeinberger
Champaign, IL
University of Illinois- Urbana-Champaign

Top Notch! Go for it!

Connect 123 is a class act. From start to finish, the support from the connect staff was great. The internships they provide are beneficial to your professional life and the activities they arrange contribute to a healthy social life as well. I use Connect two summers in a row, both Cape Town and Buenos Aires and both were fantastic.

Will
Austin, Texas
University of Texas- Austin

Finance Internship in Buenos Aires

My internship with Connect-123 in Buenos Aires was fantastic. The team set me up with an internship in a financial group that was tailor fit for my interests. I really wanted to combine my two fields of study from college in the U.S., Business Admin. and Spanish, and Connect-123 helped me find just that. I couldn’t have landed such a great position without their help.

My job consisted of working with a fund manager for the mutual fund division of the financial group. My responsibilities varied from investment analysis to helping launch some investment products. I really enjoyed gaining access to a market and economy outside of my home country.

I loved living in Buenos Aires; the city is fantastic. There is always something fun going on. It’s a great city to get to know and is arguably the best in South America.

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local companies, non-profit organizations, schools, research institutes and health care clinics. In South Africa, study abroad