Tailor-made Internships in Buenos Aires in all Fields

Costanera Tour
Costanera Tour
PLANETARIO
PLANETARIO

At Road2Argentina we have partnered with more than 60 local and international companies and organizations in order to offer top quality internships. We have internships available in all major fields including:

* Business & Entrepreneurship
* Law
* Arts
* Public Policy
* International Trade

Our internships are tailored to the participant's interests and we always hold a Skype talk in order to find out which placement fits best. Pursuing an internship with Road2Argentina is an ideal opportunity to globalize your education, gain valuable professional experience and practice your Spanish through experiential learning and immersion.

With Road2Argentina you are part of a unique community where you meet locals and other international students at our weekly cultural events (Tango Lessons/ Graffiti Tour/ Opera House).

Edwing

Argentina I love you !!!

Since I came here I knowed that was an ramarkable life experience because The City of Buenos Aires and all the cities of the country that I visited are so beautiful and the people is so lovefull.

The landscapes, the folks, the irresistible of the nigth life in Buenos Aires makes the country a european wonder in South America.

Is was a great challenge to meet all these amazing new international students.

The program can help set you up with an awesome host family or a more independent apartment.

The social scene was what you wanted it to be, if you wanted crazy nights at the club, there was always someone to go out with, or if you just wanted a chill dinner night you could always find someone to go with.

I will never forget the excellent treath of David and Mateo. Always so kind and diligent people.

My love for Argentina remains alive forever

Thanks for all guys!!

I improved my skills on volunteer work and knowledges like geography, history and food.
The coordinators always were able to help me. They do had nice activities to relax and have fun in my free times.

Whithout any doubt I definitely recommend this program
Ahmed Ibrahim

Best Experience Of My Life

My 12-week internship in Buenos Aires was awesome. This experience changes my personal and professional life. There is so much good about Buenos Aires. Tango, football, food, street art, European style architecture, culture, museums, history... are amazing! About the job, I was in a good company. I got to meet funny and open-minded people who are passionate about their job. I have learned so much with those people related to my field of study. I worked on nice and interesting projects. About the program, Each time I needed help, the coordinators were able to help me. They always had nice activities to relax and have fun in my free times. I definitely recommend this program to anyone who wants to experience a job abroad and enhance his resume while having fun and learning about all the amazing stuff this city has.

What was your funniest moment?
One of my coworkers always says stupid stuff that makes me laugh. When he's focused on work while listening to music, he's really in it by making weird sounds.
Nicholas

An Unforgettable Adventure

My internship in Buenos Aires was one of the best abroad trips I have ever taken. I had no type of feeling of it at the beginning other than a slight nervousness. I was kind of iffy on the placement but as it continued it grew on me and it helped me decide what I want to do in the future. Although, I still am unsure what I want to do as a career choice this internship allowed me to explore options that I can do once I graduate. I was once interested in going into law but my placement, which was at a technology law firm, has ensured me that I will not be going into law any time soon. Outside of my internship, my adventures were quite appealing. Each trip has its own place in my head as they were each unique. I cannot wait to come back to explore more of Buenos Aires and to enhance my Spanish speaking skills.

What was your funniest moment?
My funniest moment occurred multiple times throughout the trip. This involved my knowledge of Spanish which was quite low. So explaining things was one of the best things to do when speaking to Spanish speaking people. For example, our group of about 10 were at a restaurant and one half was stressing over our Airbnb for a trip that got canceled and the other half was laughing alongside with the waitress. I just so happened to be on the side laughing because we were trying to say "tip" and we were saying "tipo". The waitress was quite confused as "tipo" means kind and not the word for tip. When she finally realized what we were trying to say she completely lost it and couldn't hide her laughter.
Connor

The perfect experience

The experience is the perfect blend of learning, growing, and having fun. Road sets you up with an internship and company that they know pique your interest. They create activities that expose you to the Argentine culture in a fun way. The program allows students to feel more comfortable in a foreign country; it made me more confident to explore all the different facets of the culture. The people of Buenos Aires are extremely patient and friendly; they're always willing to help foreigners out. My goal in going to Buenos Aires was to treat it as if I was actually living there, instead of on vacation. The internship and program laid the foundation to allow me to do that. I felt at home in Buenos Aires and was absolutely heartbroken when my 16 weeks came to an end.

I encourage everyone to explore the different parts of the city, as well as the country. Argentina is a dynamic place.
Sydney

Great Relationship with Program Staff

My internship placement started off far from ideal with tension and a poor environment in the workplace. The program coordinator was able to quickly solve this problem for me upon request and gave me an excellent new placement. I was pleased with of the group activities although they seemed planned last minute. This is likely due to the small number of program attendees at a time. As a group we attended several live music events, bars, and other events. Although it was not included, my college group and I elected to spend several weekends outside of the city traveling to places such as El Calafate, Uruguay, and Iguazu. Argentina is an amazing country, and I would recommend it to anyone considering spending time abroad. It also feels welcoming and safe to solo travelers.

The main improvement in which I think would grow the program significantly would be to provide an agenda of group activities before the start of the program. This would allow students to know where their money is going and to plan which weekends they would like to travel outside of the city.
Hannah

Marketing Internship in Buenos Aires

I lived in Palermo, a beautiful and trendy neighborhood located about 10 blocks from the Subte station I used everyday to get to work. I enjoyed living with my host family because I was able to practice my Spanish daily and eat traditional Argentine meals. My internship experience was very beneficial, as I was able to hone in on my Spanish language skills and gain valuable knowledge with SEO marketing. I also had the opportunity to travel around South America with other students in the program, and we got to see some incredible places, such as Patagonia and Iguazu Falls. The program includes weekly events as well, which was a great way to bond with the other students and explore new parts of the city/culture. Overall, I was able to break out of my comfort zone and learn a lot about myself through this program. I gained a stronger sense of independence through navigating challenging situations, and now I have the unforgettable memories to always look back on.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would spend more time exploring different restaurants, cafes and shops in the city. There are endless places to visit in Buenos Aires, and you can really get immersed in the culture by stopping in shops and restaurants and speaking to the locals. A lot of times I felt intimidated going to new places by myself, but I found that some of the times I enjoyed the most were when I was by myself exploring different places that caught my eye throughout the city.
Carla

Country is great, but program could be better

Argentina is beautiful, and I found it very easy to keep busy during my 12 weeks abroad. However, the road2argentina program could be better structured. We received very short notice for all activities, and the activities this year did not seem as exciting as they had been in past years with the different director. To improve, I would give one week notice for all activities and make sure to diversify what it is we are doing so we get a better experience through the program.

The internship experience was also a bit lackluster. I did not find it very engaging and would have preferred to work with a women’s organization, like I first requested when applying to the program. However, I was matched with a civil rights nonprofit which had far too many volunteers than it could accommodate, so I was frequently assigned busy work.

Eleanor

Road2Argentina 3 month internship Buenos Aires

I spent 3 months from March-June working at AMUMRA (Asociacion de Mujeres Unidas, Migrantes y Refugiadas de Argentina) as part of the Road2Argentina immersion programme and I can't believe how much my life changed in only a quarter of a year. When I arrived, the company was changing hands from Will and Simon to Mateo and David and I was a bit nervous about Will leaving because he was an amazing presence for expats abroad - was always inviting us out during the weekend and went above and beyond expectations for what a program convenor should do. Luckily for me, Mateo and David grew to be such amazing friends of mine and my experience would not have been so good without this pair of Argentine best friends who taught me all about the Argentina that I now love so much, from the best cuts of steak, to the best swear words to use when River score against Boca and I can't wait to return to after I finish my degree - love you and miss you loads guys :( . I was housed in a flat in Palermo (best district in the city) with an Argentine lady who told me about all the best places to go and see in Buenos Aires, and worked with some fabulous women from all over the world, from Peru to France and all of this contributed to me having an experience I could have only dreamt of 4 years ago when I started speaking Spanish. My language skills improved so much and I am so lucky to have grown a new part in my heart for a country that people in England barely know about. It wasn't easy at the beginning, and going somewhere where you know no one is daunting, sometimes you feel like you have made the wrong decision, but after a while you realise that the people are warm and kind, it's impossible to get bored in Buenos Aires and Argentina is one of the most beautiful countries in the world.

Argentina is not anything like the UK or the US or even Europe and at times is not for the faint hearted. Going to Buenos Aires and getting the best experience requires a lot of independence and courage, willingness to learn, willingness to try new things and speak Spanish. If this is something that sounds up your street, then go for it, but do not go there expecting things to work exactly the same as at home. Besides, you didn't go there to come back the same person.
Briana

Internship placement

My internship was not my first choice but it ended up working out better than I imagined. I truly loved the work I was doing and the work environment. There was lots to do in the office as well as out in the community. Keeping an open mind is what led me to have such an awesome experience. I learned so much from the women in the office not only about the projects conducted within the organization but as well their personal lives. The office atmosphere was a mini community, a sisterhood of sorts that made me feel welcomed since the first day. I was already nervous about traveling on my own and about working in an even more unknown environment. My coworkers helped guide me about their cultural customs both informally and formally. Not only was my coworkers helpful but I found many people in general in Buenos Aires to be friendly and accommodating.

Give out info in a more timely matter instead of last minute. Giving those participating in the program an itinerary of what is to be done and when, would help organize and would have people less confused of what is being asked of them
Kate

BsAs

Internship abroad in Buenos Aires was amazing!
Work placement was fast and secured, had many options based upon my interests. Was little worried about my safety due to BsAs economy, but no needed to worry about it. Safe to travel around alone, nice drinks and cultures.
Road2Argentina definitely helped me to be more involved in the city, met a lot of Roadies from different countries/cities. Road2Argentina tried their best to help us whenever needed.
Weekly events were truly an amazing opportunity to hang out with people and learn Argentina. We watched couple of Copa América matches together, experience night life, and more!
Great thing about internship abroad is you get to travel around while you working and learning!
Lots of adventures and lessons.

Respect others, have positive behavior and try to learn from what you have!
NE

Medical Internship in CABA public hospital

My 5 week internship at a public hospital in Buenos Aires were perfectly tailored for me! Will and Simon made sure I was matched to an internship that suited my skill level and was relevant to my academic/career goals. I did this internship as my elective for my final year of medical school and to improve my Spanish and it was a great decision. After my second week in Buenos Aires, I found that my Spanish improved immensely! The process was really easy and everything was explained and set up for me so that I was completely prepared for my stay in Buenos Aires and my internship. I never felt alone or lost as I knew I had 24 hr support if I ever needed. Will met me for orientation, introduced me to my supervisor and showed me around the hospital, which was such a relief being in a completely new city and new hospital and not knowing where anything is. He would also check in regularly to make sure I was getting the most out of my visit and out of my internship. Even though I was unable to attend any Roadie events because I was so busy traveling over the weekends, I really loved that there were one more events every week for all of the interns to get together and hang out.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have lived with a host family to speed up my Spanish skills! Living alone has its luxuries, of course, but if you're going to improve/learn a new language, you need as much exposure as possible.
Teddy

Summer Internship Buenos Aires

My 9 weeks in Argentina over the summer were ones I will never forget. Will and Simon made the entire process of applying and finding a suitable company extremely easy. They hear out your requests and do a great job of placing you in safe, fun neighborhoods. I lived in a shared apartment with various other travelers and a laidback mother and daughter. Great environment for learning Spanish but feeling like I had space as well.

The social media company, called Taringa!, I interned at was innovative and a pleasure to go in to everyday. I took Spanish classes for the first month which helped me initially a lot. Buenos Aires is an unforgettable city with a number of excursions only a bus ride or cheap plane ticket away. Do this program if you're even considering it.

My one complaint for the summer was the group of roadies that were there, had I had a group I meshed with better, I think I would've had a better time going out and traveling. I know thats not really their fault, maybe market the program to better schools in the US and abroad? I think this program would be a hit if it got around to Ivy League schools, NESCAC schools, and other smaller elite liberal arts schools in the North East and California.
Mitch

an incredible time!! HIGHLY recommended!

I spent 3mo in the Road2Argentina program and it was simply incredible!! Will and Simon work tirelessly to make sure that your experience is exactly what you want it to be! I did 6 weeks interning with a healthcare based NGO before shifting gears to do a 6 weeks shadowing in a hospital (with a few weeks of travel in-between ;) ) and both experiences were amazing and highly useful to my future professional goals. The coordinators are there to make sure that you have one of the best experiences of your life! When you get there you instantly are connected with other Roadies and have a squad to roll around Buenos Aires: there was never any shortage of group events! The only reason I can't give it 10/10 in every aspect is simply the price: as a broke post-grad, it was definitely an expensive gap year experience. Although understandably, it is quite difficult to find short term housing at an affordable price, so i'm not sure I could have done any better on my own. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That being said, outside of housings costs, everything about the program exceeded my expectations and [in the larger scheme of undergrad and medical school debt] it was well worth the cost!! 9.8/10

honestly if it was a bit more affordable is the only thing I can think of... other than that everything was absolutely incredible and I wouldn't change a thing!
Carolina

Amazing experience

I absolutely enjoyed my time in Buenos Aires. R2A is a great program and was very helpful in answering all of my questions before I even arrived in Argentina. My internship at the hospital and at FIC was amazing. The people I met inspired me and gave me great advice. I enjoyed exploring Buenos Aires and doing a lot of things for the first time. I definitely recommend going abroad and R2A because the coordinators are awesome. They are very helpful and organize fun events to help you explore Buenos Aires.

Benny

Supportive staff, comfortable housing, reasonable prices

Road2Argentina was an awesome way to get an easy introduction to the Argentinian culture. It was so good to have Will and Simon as points of contacts when faced with a completely new environment. They were incredibly helpful and responsive with any questions we might have. The housing situation was very comfortable and safe - I had 2 other roommates that Will and Simon did a great job matching up. Thanks for a great time! I'm glad I got to be a Roadie :)

Location:
Ministro Pistarini International
( EZE )
El Palomar
( EPA )

There is no better place to take up a new hobby (or two) than Buenos Aires, Argentina. If you are looking to try tango, cooking, photography, or painting; this vibrant city is a thriving community for creators.

Alumni Interviews

Staff Interviews

About Road2Argentina

It is our mission to make sure all of our participants and partners are satisfied with every aspect of their program and that the Road2Argentina experience is an extraordinary one! We are an organization based in Buenos Aires and we are committed to...