Are you studying medicine, dentistry, physical therapy? Would you like to get some practical experience while working to improve your Spanish skills? ELI works with clinics and hospitals throughout the country of Ecuador to provide solid internship placements that match your skill-level and experience. This is a wonderful chance to add medical terminology to your Spanish language skills while getting to see and experience the healthcare industry in a developing country. Programs are available in the bustling metropolitan Quito area, in small coastal communities, or high in the Andes.
Please note that participants in this program must have a high intermediate to advanced level of Spanish proficiency to be accepted. The hospitals and clinics are 100% Spanish speaking environments.
Join us! ELI is a registered non-profit organization.
- Our connections throughout Ecuador allow us to tailor an internship that matches your interests, experiences, and skill-level.
- Mastering Spanish medical terminology will boost your resume and help you become a stronger medical student and job applicant.
- Working in rural clinics and hospitals that may understaffed and underfunded allow you to use your skills to provide real assistance to communities that need it.
- Ecuador is a small, but extremely diverse country with lots of wonderful site-seeing opportunities and weekend travel options.
- The opportunity to live with a host family during your internship will allow you to fully immerse yourself in Ecuadorian culture for a once in a lifetime experience.